Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is there a mod for this that lets you make frankensteins or zombies or anything? I have a ton of corpses laying around in the game thanks to a quest that spawned 6 tribals every day to attack a noble capybara, and i want something to do with them that isn't just giving negative moodlets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I've been really enjoying using Pawnmorpher to turn my colony into a hosed up Dr. Moreau situation. Any human I get gets mutated into whatever seems like it would be interesting. We had a meteor strike that dropped a chunk of Mutanite on my map and I sent one guy out to mine it, and he came back with wings, hooves, wool, a pig snout, a cobra hood, and a bunch of other poo poo. He's around 12% human at this point. If a pawn gets a bad mutation, I just lop that part off and replace it with chrome. Mostly though you end up with dudes with movement and sensory bonuses.

It's a really neat mod with a ton of detail. There are specific moodlets for things like having to shear yourself or draining your neutroglycerin cyst. Eventually pawns will get used to stuff like that, and some pawns find that they prefer to be an animal and get annoyed if you turn them back once they change. There are also a bunch of ways to weaponize mutation, which is effective because the actual process of mutating is painful and applies a ton of movement and consciousness penalties in addition to whatever penalties you get for having chicken legs all of a sudden.

do the mutations show on the pawns? i'd like a mod that lets me turn my guys into freaks but also makes them turn green or something instead of just looking normal. its always been a mild bummer to me that you can't see cybernetics on your guys at all

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

FairyNuff posted:

They do get some visual differences like snouts beaks, ears and tails.

hell yeah, i'll give it a try then!

right now i am trying out rimworld of magic. I have a necromancer + his friends who live in a cave in the arid wastelands. a trade caravan got murdered by megaspiders (???) so the necromancer raised them as skeletons, and now the skeletons are growing and refining crack to sell.

edit: this has backfired horribly, the necromancer is addicted to crack now

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 13, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

So Rim of Magic is a pretty great at mod and I would never disparage something so labor intensive that was provided completely free, but its assets are... not great. Has anyone made any alternate art packs for it?

i'd like that too. i'd do it myself but i dont know how to do the rimworld art style, if it was classic pixel indie stuff i could do it, i made some sprites for dungeonmans

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

my necromancer got so badly addicted to crack that his kidneys started failing so i tried to detox him, but he went absolutely apeshit and broke into the storage and took all the drugs he could find and started having a heart attack. my base has been almost entirely staffed by the living dead and researching mainly magic stuff, so there are really no medical facilities or skills to speak of.

extremely fortunately, in a blessing from Cassandra Classic, a caravan showed up from the magic city nearby and had a scroll of Lich Form, which I traded a large amount of crack for. My necromancer ascended to lichdom in the middle of a massive heart attack brought on by a drug frenzy, so not quite the glorious ascension i pictured, but it did save his life. Kind of.

but he's still addicted to crack

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Keeshhound posted:

This is why you take their legs off for the duration of their rehab.

i didnt trust my bumbling skeletons to not accidentally kill the necromancer by loving up the surgery super bad

to test out my lich's new powers i had him uncork one of the ancient dangers (i got like 3 on the mountain caves map i picked). a pikeman immediately blew a hole through his torso and destroyed his stomach outright, but being a lich it wasn't a big problem. using his EMP nade launcher and magic spells he took out nearly all the mechanoids, until on the last two pikemen he ran out of mana and had to call for skeleton backup. one of the skeletons got immediately domed and died again and rotted out in the sun for a few days while the lich regenerated enough mana to revive him, but the others managed to spear the dumb mechs to death.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

so far im not sure how i feel about Pawnmorpher. it just seems to turn my pawns into furries rather than any kind of cool cronenburg thing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Griz posted:

if you set them to use battery instead of food, does the room with the charging pod count as a bedroom?

yes, they will claim the pods as beds when they are set to battery mode.

i got some of those vanilla extended mods and they have somehow slowed my game down drastically despite just being new items, its weird

i started a multiplayer game with a friend with basically every mod but alpha animals and the cthulhu cults mod turned off (anything that adds a new races seems to gently caress up multiplayer as soon as some visitors arrive to your colony), and it was very noticeable how much faster it was running.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

my colonist went insane from having food poisoning, and started pigging out... on more of the tainted meals

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ive been messing around more with pawnmorpher and i have discovered that cobra serum can turn your guys into rad snakemen, and if they change enough their legs turn into tails and they get a poison bite and the game calls them nagas.

now i have a secret mountain base of... WEED COBRAS. they grow weed and induct new recruits into their ranks using the cobra serum. any prisoners they take who seem like dickheads just get fed the growing green slime to see what happens.

a former human fission mouse joined the base, and he's pretty helpful, but because he is somewhere between human and an animal he can take drugs, but i can't restrict his drug intake, so he's been smoking joints the same size as him and now he has lung cancer:

he's sat at the dining table with his massive joint, next to a weed cobra enjoying her dinner.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

how do i stop my guys tracking mud through the base and causing a sanity destroying level of filth?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

Please keep me updated about the adventures of weedmouse.

he's been having a tough time, he walked through a spike trap and it went off and chopped off his tail, but things have just turned around for marky the weedmouse!

remission!

misguided rage posted:

Pave everything and have someone cleaning full time.

i was hoping there was another answer cause i have this nice base with an outdoor area:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I guess i'll just live with my horrible dirty base. It used to be clean but Marky the Weedmouse had a mental breakdown after he was diagnosed with lung cancer and regressed to a more animalistic state so he doesn't clean on his own any more. I'm thinking of promoting him to full cobra status once I have the technology in place to do it. I will miss him as a weed mouse but he seems pretty unhappy and I'm worried he will regress totally and become a full mouse.

i came up with a pretty clever solution to an insect invasion in my prison. it was 4 hives in a very small space and I only have very basic guns and barely any skilled soldiers, so there was no chance of me clearing that place normally. I had an incendiary launcher that was dropped in my base by a previous raid, so I opened up the door to the prison and had my best cobra fire grenade after grenade into the entryway. once enough fires got going I had them close the door and the temp inside the jail skyrocketed. the bugs all started freaking the gently caress out and trying to burrow into random walls, but pretty soon they passed out from heatstroke.

I kind of wanted to claim the royal jelly and insect chitin for myself, but it was just death to go in there. the corpses started auto-combusting from the heat in the air and made it even hotter. I was hoping a steel door would protect my one actual prisoner, but I guess it wasn't insulating enough and he cooked too:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

my doctor finally got good enough at medicine to remove the lung cancer from Marky the Weedmouse. he has safely returned to his lifestyle of toking.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i called in some imperial troopers to help me with a bug infestation i let get way out of control (10+ hives) and one of them was the literal king of the universe and he got blown up when one of my turrets got damaged and now the empire hates me

dead-rear end bitch-rear end stellarch

this was after about half the bugs had been hauled off to be processed into goo

finishing off the final nest. this nest chamber was originally a tunnel the same width as the thin tunnels next to it, the bugs expanded it out massively.

edit: Marky the Weedmouse was permanently crippled in the first wave of bug attacks (a bug bit his brain), so I have had to turn him back into a human to save him from a life of lying on a pillow and having seizures. as a reward for loyal service he will be turned into a thrumbomorph at the first opportunity.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

marky has joined the cobras in smoking doobs and listening to harp music

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Nalesh posted:

Jesus gently caress randy chill, day 1 hour 17, 2 people out of 4 got the flu

i started a game with someone with artery blockage (minor) and he had a heart attack and died the second he left the escape pod, then the other two people got the plague a day or so later

marky has mutated fully into a thrumboman, which for some reason has a big mouse nose? i like it cause it gives him his old identity back kinda. he is living his best life watching the megascreen TV in the throne room:

the game was actually kind to him for once (after he got lung cancer, then asthma, then bit in the brain by a bug) and his mutations developed into paragon mutations. they're all called like Thrumbo Horn (Majestic) and such.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the king of space got buried in the spider cave mass grave and i can't imagine the empire is very happy about that. i exhumed him to steal his crown

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

one of my android colonists made an excellent gun with art on it. his name's Quinn 2 (we already had a colonist named quinn when he showed up) and the art is called Black Quinn 2

meanwhile Marky the Weedmouse is engraving van art style stuff on the special bed i had made for a visiting noble:

i managed to recruit a T5 android who fell from space but he's a real dickhead. all he wants to do is mine, and he keeps flying into murderous rages and killing other colonists. I had to blow a resurrection serum thingy on my scientist, and luckily for the other murder attempts marky has been there to arrest the robot and take him to gay baby jail. I'm wondering if I can use the skymind network thing to overwrite the rear end in a top hat robot's mind with the mind of kindly Quinn 2, or if that will either not work or make Quinn 2 turn into an rear end in a top hat too.

the T5 android did try to kill marky himself once, but marky dumpstered the chump

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ok that's good. Quinn doesn't have the best stats, but he's a tier 1 android and the T5 has tried to murder him on like 4 out of 6 murder attempts so far.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the rimatomics radiation suits give seperate bonuses to toxic resistance and radiation resistance, so i'm guessing radiation is a seperate thing to toxic resistance.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it is good or bad to use a brain control chip to turn an abrasive misogynist raider into a meat suit for one of my kind robots so he can sleep in the same bed as his human wife?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i really like the gun emplacements that vanilla expanded security adds. i don't like the traps so much cause i kept having my own homies set them off

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

nessin posted:

For anyone using Pawnmorpher, a word of advice, just straight up injecting the slurry (or getting mutations from the environment like mining the special ore or the ship chunk event) leads to hosed up but whacky results. Like snake bottoms, fox middles, bird arms, and deer top kind of modifications.

Question though for those that use it regularly, when is a good point to stabilize? Usually I'm aiming for a slight improvement in something, like say manipulation, and end it before too much changes unless I'm just throwing away a pawn and taking it to the point where I get the no longer considered human message, but I'm wondering if anyone has find a good rule of thumb to follow to maximize benefits here.

i wait till it says they're in danger of fully transforming then hit them with the stabilizer. if they start getting negative aspects you can give them an x-aspect pill to wipe it and give them another shot at paragon or something good.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is there a mod to make grow zones look nicer? like lil tilled fields or something?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

one thing with pawnmorpher is it conflicts slightly with android tiers. if you don't ahve android tiers installed your colonists whove turned into animals will appear on the colonist bar at the top and you can assign them work stuff in the work menu. if you have android tiers they won't, but they will still do work and you can still draft and order them about like a regular colonist. it's a minor incompatibility, not like a crash bug or anything, but its a little harder to keep track of colonists you've fully morphed.

another feature of the mutation chambers is there's a tagging rifle you can make, its a dart gun that does 1 damage but adds whatever you shoot to the list of animals you can convert people into using the mutation chambers. you can even add stuff from genetic rim or alpha animals to that list, so you can have a heinous half mechanoid half thrumbo living artillery piece that you can draft and order around directly.

or you can turn prisoners into those slimes full of limbs from alpha animals and farm them for organ transplants

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does anyone have some top tips for how to wound raiders rather than kill them? i want more recruits but my snipers keep doming suckers.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i've been messing around with the coloured floor tiles from the rimefeller mod to try and jazz up my base. this is a base of androids in the alpha biomes mechanoid intrusion biome, so there's no real bedrooms or food production for them cause they just charge up. i need to take a more updated screenshot cause i've added a fair amount to it.

the colour coding so far is:

red - core stuff/crafting
green - growing
yellow - jail
black - oil industry
blue - hospital / organ growing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i started a game with the avp mod, but also dub's hygiene, and i have to say the predators lose a lot of their mystique when you have to reroute their turds constantly

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i like the hygiene mod a lot, it feels like a natural part of the game. on one hand it adds more needs to fulfill, but it also lets you get positive moods and some resources for doing it right. and the manure fertilizer makes the fields look all nice and ploughed.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does anyone know how to mod poo poo? the rimsenal ferals mod adds some really cool ogre/supermutant guys, but they're considered animals and you can't even tame them, they're like mechanoids or something, and i'd like to make them a playable race or something

i was hoping to use pawnmorpher to turn colonists into them but that didn't work out either, crushing my dreams of re-enacting the supermutants from fallout 1

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 3, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

nessin posted:

Counterpoint to some recommendations here, dub's Hygiene mostly feels like a tax on your early game with the exception of the HVAC components. It is interesting to add bathrooms to your base design but still feels annoying early and just takes up space later on. Rimefeller just feels cheaty once you get enough pawns that you can safely have someone operate the resource console as needed. Atomics is fine though, it fits great in the just getting stronger endgame position.

Also I've really scaled back on the vanilla expansion stuff. I enjoy the furniture addons and the laser weapons, but everything else is just too much. The new apparel doesn't really fill any holes except for the work gear and is annoying to deal with crafting and using properly, especially without other mods. The weapons don't really fill a hole so much as provide an alternative. And the animals, except for maybe the artic animals, are bland by design and just take up spawn slots that could be used for the fun stuff if you're using other animal mods. I know the whole point is to add stuff that tries to fit into the world, but even on an individual level they largely add too much and for the poor reason of just because the modder can.

the hygiene stuff early on can be satisfied with a well, a water tub, and a latrine that all cost like 25 wood each so its not a major deal. then you get a lot of benefits later on from setting up a good system, like lower amounts of infections and positive moods from nice showers and hot tubs, and fertilizer from the turds. you also get a sweet washing machine to wash the death juice out of tainted clothing, and killer HVAC setups.

i agree with the vanilla apparel. it's annoying that it adds new clothing slots like boots and gloves and scarves. i end up with my pawns equipping some ragged-rear end gloves off the floor and getting unhappy about it and it just sucks. i appreciate the variety in looks but i wish there was an option to not have those extra slots.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i didnt know you could do that.

also, how long is luciferium meant to take to heal brain injuries?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

The Luciferium event to remove permanent injuries fires about once or twice a season. It takes several doses, usually.

cool, thank you. i was worried i had gotten a colonist addicted to luciferum for nothing. she got shot in the brain and has permanent 50% consciousness, which blows

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Gloves and boots are critical because they keep colonists from losing so many drat fingers/toes. They should honestly be in vanilla.

i did not know that the colonists hands and feet were unprotected otherwise, that is dumb. i guess i have turned around on boots and gloves now.

i do wish rimworld had the more insane damage system from dwarf fortress, although i imagine it would result in a lot more dead colonists. i also miss the z-axis and insane temperature simulation, you could do a lot of insane stuff with more robust temperature simulation and the modern technology in rimworld.

i remember running into a hydra in dwarf fortress adventurer mode, and throwing a rock at it. it lodged in one of the hydras heads, and instead of growing a new one like in mythology, it collapsed from pain and slowly bled to death. I also messed up a value in one of my forays into modding, and noticed that every time one of my dwarves passed through sunlight their limbs would start exploding off them and they'd die. it turned out i'd edited the boiling point of dwarf bone by mistake, and it was just barely higher than dwarf body temperature, so every time they got a little warmer in the sunlight they would explode.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

my thing i worked on a lot in dwarf fortress modding was making goblins playable. it was very easy to do, but added different challenges to the game. goblins didn't need booze like dwarves did, but were solely carnivorous, which was rough given the big emphasis on farming in dwarf fortress.

the game was like robustly made enough that when the king of your goblin kingdom came to visit your fort, it was actually a demon (every goblin kingdom is ruled by a demon for some reason). it was a friendly demon, but still a demon, so it would be like if a royal came to visit in rimworld and it was just a tame thrumbo and broke half the nobility systems.

anyway, in rimworld news, you've heard of aliens vs predator, and maybe even terminator vs predator, but how about...

A SHITLOAD OF DUCKS VS PREDATOR

the ducks were smart enough to realise that they could not stand against the mighty predator in combat, but that he also couldn't kill them fast enough if they all just tried to rush past him, so they did make it into the fort. not for long, though

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It's genuinely impressive how many times I've had people get their eyes taken out by a 50 cal and barely flinch.

Like I can only assume their eyes are made of like, space age ERA or something and explode out of their heads when the bullet gets close and just vaporize it.

E: also unrelated but how in the fuckin poo poo am I supposed to kill a psychic ship with like ten pikemen and lancers around it? Anything that gets close gets loving annihilated.

i always just assume in situations like that their eye got barely grazed by the 50 cal and turned into slime, rather than it being a direct hit to the eye

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is this a good situation to have in your nuclear reactor room?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the accusations that my colony has been mulching the bodies of raiders into genetic slime to create abominations are totally unfounded

please ignore the chickenspider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Danaru posted:

I'm mainly focused on the fact that each bathroom has a direct air vent to someone else's bedroom :itwaspoo:

yeah i designed that bedroom layout before i installed the hygiene mod and was not smart enough to rearrange things to make there not be poo vents