Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

Between Wee Pals, The Amazing Spider-Man, One Big Happy, and Pickles, this thread is a goldmine of comics by and/or about mad old people.

Everett True doesn't count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

And he's not exactly gonna desperately want to print those where the robot gets his rear end beat by Spider-Man, however improbably.

Spiderman Against Freedom of Press, Avengers

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Frighteningly, Computoon is actually being topical.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I imagine it's not particularly different from what you'd get these days. The high art of drawing dicks on things goes back to at least Roman times, if not earlier.

The preserved graffiti from Pompeii is pretty funny.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

One of the criminals is Jesus, apparently.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sweetguts posted:

Why is the tree sentient. Why can it talk. Why does it communicate through a speaker. Why does it have a gender. Why. Why. Wh- Oh gently caress it.

I think it accidentally was hit by an intelligence-increasing beam weapon when some superintelligent extradimensional human-hating birds werre trying to reverse a genetic plague or some poo poo, but I can't recall every dumb thing that happens.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Long story short, depends on how badly alcoholic you were, but the long-term screwing up of your brain chemistry can leave you really sensitive to even tiny amounts.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

- I was evicted
- But now I have a new apartment in my binoculars

"I'm looking at a new apartment" or "I have a new apartment in mind", pretty much.

"I've got a new apartment in my sights" probably works better.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

So Foxy Grandpa tricked The Boys into thinking he was in the kitchen so he could surprise them by actually being in the kitchen?

He tricked the boys into thinking they were getting a snack, but actually the snack was for the dog?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

JJJ made a donation to tony's favorite charity apparently.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

What.. what is that sound that dude made? Biff. Did he fart? I mean, if he did, it was apparently pretty loud. Is that some sort of an old-timey throat clearing noise? Sneeze? Is that some other dude's name? Interesting.

I think that's the sound of Everett's meaty fist hitting skull.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pakled posted:

Everett True
April 1 , 1918

Wow, that's an unexpected opinion from Ole Ev'

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

Totally by coincidence, the next Foxy Grandpa is almost topical.

Why is Grandpa always peeking through windows? I bet he's a huge perv.

Dopefish lives!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

scarycave posted:

drat, the Phantom is cool. I'm definitely going to donate money to his hot-dog kick-starter now.

I'm holding out for his chipotle burrito experiment.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Smets posted:

If neither party has the other's number, how did this phone call happen in the first place?

Speeddial.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

scarycave posted:

Heathcliff seems aware of Marmadukes dark powers since he hasn't punched him in the face yet.
They're probably sympathizing with each-other about being trapped in Newspaper limbo for hundreds of years.

They used to share a TV show.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think that Lucky Cow is a repeat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grilox posted:

Does anyone have the original Red and Rover strips that spawned the idea of "Red and Rovering" something? I want to show someone just how terrible that week or so of strips was.

Was that the what's superman up to week?
http://www.gocomics.com/redandrover/2012/03/05#.UwuDGBBQS_x

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Pluggers

Uh, what?

Pluggers have mange.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Can't help but think of today's qwantz.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Nobody forced Swee'pea to take up a life of ghost piracy. Let the scum hang.

I'm guessing he hangs, but weighs so little that it doesn't do anything.

So they just let him go.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

So, what am I missing by not having a HDTV?

The experience of having a HDTV.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

How can a comic look so copy-pasted without being copy-pasted?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

That didn't go beyond just being a joke, did it? I was really looking for the usual moralizing that Holbook does.

Like, I want to see if it's okay to hunt a species to extinction in his universe.

Only if they're delicious.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TofuDiva posted:

Hmm. Not offensively gooey and no candy canes.

That does reconcile my memories of the strip as being occasionally good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hey, did anyone else see that Watterson actually did an interview?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/03/21/talking-about-cartoons-future.html

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They show the suspect and victim's right hands. In the demo, it's the suspect's left hand and victim's right.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Much like Out Our Way, Chief Dharma focuses on the lighter side of entrenched racism.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I was able to pick the second guy as well because of the booze but I can't figure out how that makes him the killer rather than the odd man out :confused:

I assumed that his liver disease was a cover for him poisoning both their drinks.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Once again, Gilchrist proves The Onion unironic.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Darthemed posted:

I've actually depleted the scans I've been using, so until next week, it's time for

Ripley's Believe It Or Not

What a frog~

Who was doing that ripley's edit strip, anyway?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kammat posted:

Might be awful at paying attention to Modesty, but when poo poo hits the fan he definitely keeps his head.

If this were Dick Tracy I'd know it was code for 'he gets his head cut off by a razorbladed fan, and it lands in the sewer'.

But this is Modesty Blaise.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Ahaha what in the gently caress? :psyboom: Why is his mustache visible through the helmet?

sharpies.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TarDolphinorShark posted:

Coming out of lurk mode to say YES PLEASE! Chief Dharma is the main comic I look forward to, after Spiderman anyway.

Yeah, it manages to be funny in translation and that's pretty cool in my book.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

It's especially hilarious because Miyazaki is critical as hell of anime and manga today, among other things. Whether you agree with him about those things or think he's a crotchety old bastard, he's definitely not the ideal face of the anti-criticism crowd.

Didn't he also pick Teddy Roosevelt? Who was a bit of an art critic himself

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Because it distracts him from his lovely life, you dick.

He's the one guy with a testable alibi.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

That was eight shots, not seven. Inspector danger is the true culprit, having arranged the fake assassination attempt with his deputy ahead of time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unfortunately, inspector Danger's lack of a warrant resulted in the evidence being thrown out of court. A youtube video circulating his numerous slurs against little people was released anonymously, resulting in a full internal investigation and eventual dismissal.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Man I was going real fast on the highway. Hit almost 200.
Must've been a parade or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So wait, the 'encouragement aka guilt trip' line in mary worth wasn't an edit?

• Locked thread