Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Oh brave new thread with such people in it. Don't really have any new edits or comics for you, just wishing you a happy new thread. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Darthemed posted:

All these posts, and not one of you has posted the strip that defined the comic strip megathread series.

:fireman:

I have no idea what this comic is.
Did the husband make it out ok? :ohdear:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Saint Michael didn't so much as get his eyebrows singed. :smugbert:

Oh, thats good then. Nobody likes having their eyebrows singed.
Guessing Michael was something of an "always right" type of a guy then?

edit: Of course, this ends up on the next page.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 1, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

LtStorm posted:

The simplest explanation is that Dana Simpson really needs an editor.

The less simple speculative explanation is that comic as a whole came out of Dana while she was undergoing gender reassignment and likely really stressed and trying to find herself. The comic as a whole dealt with a lot of issues about identity and gender, and was already really weird as it did this through an intelligent dog that had been spayed. Things went really awry when the comic went into the dog's origins and built up a basic dog and boy story that suddenly got a lot of inappropriate turns jammed into it that lead to the infamous pedo-bestiality sequence.

The big issue with Raine Dog, is that all the animals are pretty much sentient, and at times humanoid in some instances. It's similar to the Goofy, Pluto thing. However, Pluto in this case is just a dog - and does dog things. Goofy, is a dog, and does people things (usually pretty badly). In Raine Dog, animals are for all intent and purposes - people (we see them at the MLK like rally, the cows seem to have some idea of whats going on, among other things.). But they're treated like animals, it gets to Holbrook leagues of unfortunate implications.

I'm sure there's a few stories that do something like what she might have been going for, but the fact that she had to make the titular dog a somewhat love-interest to a child is pretty hosed up. If she was going for that it would be fine, but then she has to try to pass of Raine as a martyr of some kind. Like she was wronged. Which she might of been - if we could say she was actually human.

So yeah, I get the feeling she wasn't all their when she was writing up that one, and she seems to have gotten her act together as her Unicorn comic doesn't seem to be setting off any alarms.

In conclusion, here's an edit of Calvin kissing Hobbes that I did last year:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

loving yes. Never stop frog people. Never stop.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Good lord - they're gender fluid. :ohdear:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

don Jaime posted:

Out of respect for Gary Larson's personal wishes, I will never again post this on the Internet.

Does Larson just really hate Leo or something?

Der Shovel posted:

Or in general. She honestly seems a bit nuts at times and insanely high strung the rest of the time. Chill out, Nina. You'll be happier.

I honestly can't tell if she's being 100% serious, or its a joke.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Oh, that reminds me, I missed posting The Little King on Sunday and I'm backlogged on Quincy.

Are you sure? I could have sworn I've seen this posted before. Maybe I'm just crazy.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

The horror! :ohdear:
I love how they seem to be avoiding bring up the attack on the old ladies house by are just bringing up why humans are the bad guys instead.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Green Intern posted:

It has paws. Tommie, I think you just brought in a stray dog.

The poor colorist must be so confused. :saddowns:
Unless he's the same guy as the artist, in which case he's gotta be doing this stuff on purpose.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Pooch Cafe is one of the reasons I keep coming to this thread, while a lot of the time its kinda bland, but when it has its moments, it really has its moments.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

By searching do you mean trying to eat old peoples pets and killing/kidnapping sentiment beings for science? That doesn't seem very peaceful!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

pienipple posted:

Go gently caress yourself, Mike :argh:

He can't. That would make him gay and Mike Lester is definitely not gay.
He's an rear end.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/8/2003

Don't you need a car for that?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Drakyn posted:

This is basically the Worst Thing, and the runner-up is the earnest, cheery way it's always said. Because each and every time you hear this, it's from someone who imagines they're being sincerely original and funny. And there's always a microscopic hint of honesty behind the joking, because the tiny barely-there hope is that one day when you say this the cashier'll agree with you and you will get a free Stuff because you were just that good-natured and humorous. You rear end in a top hat.

That's actually scary acurate. Though I don't think they're that bad. Sure, its kind of annoying since it usually comes up at least once a week, or that your really not in the mood for jokes and are trying to figure why it isn't scanning, but there are honestly worse people than that.

I'm looking at you Mr. Have me ring up 40 things only to decide your not getting them.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

There's a lot of comics out there, and this thread's a great place to catch up on them. If you don't like 'em, scroll on by, or maybe try reading them, they may grow on you. How many of us were Moomin minded before this thread and how many more became converted after a few posts worth? I know I was in the latter category.

So, :justpost: and if you don't like 'em, just scroll.

At least it ain't thatababy or Marvin, or that monstrosity with the big nosed fetus.

You mean Oh baby?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

t:mad:

If other people started posting creepy floating fetus content, then yeah, I can see that as a justification for its own thread, but like you said, you're the only person so far.

:tipshat:

It was inevitable I'm afraid. Apologies if it made your insides wiggly.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

- But which ones the real Mark? :ohdear:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Julet Esqu posted:

It's glorious!!! :swoon:

It even has a goddamn mustache. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

Several months later

That boys been kidnapped by a dog!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Blhue posted:

We said that about Clown 9 too.
:effort:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

DoubleDonut posted:

Next, The Phantom is gonna tell us about this time he totally owned this guy in a movie theater and everybody else started clapping, and then they totally started riffing on the movie MST3k-style.

drat, the Phantom is cool. I'm definitely going to donate money to his hot-dog kick-starter now.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/20/2003

:ughh: Where did she come from? Was she hanging from a light fixture, or something?

Looks like somebody just earned a free trip to the emergency room! :toot:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Manuel Calavera posted:

That's not a fennec at all! :argh:

Sure it is. It's got the pudgy body and stout nose and everything.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Heathcliff

That has to be Marmaduke.

Heathcliff seems aware of Marmadukes dark powers since he hasn't punched him in the face yet.
They're probably sympathizing with each-other about being trapped in Newspaper limbo for hundreds of years.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Little My being banished to deep space for being a dick:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Tunicate posted:

They used to share a TV show.

Completely forgot about that one.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Fred Basset

There is, in the car, a dog.

Someone Red and Rover this one for me.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I was wondering why there was a mummy in that third comic.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Fred Basset

Posting this one unedited because I found myself getting weirdly irritated at their messing up the joke*. Jock should be taking the low road if he's going to be ahead of them!! This is really, really important because

* If they hadn't, I probably would've edited it to be wrong. I think that might be why I'm mad.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Say Nothing posted:

I'm surprised more people don't have Nemi avatars.

Anyway, er...

Garfield has erectile dysfunction.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kell's rear end is huge. There's a change for ya.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

RandomFerret posted:

Okay, I guess this proves that Poncho can't be a boston terrier, since those french bulldogs don't resemble allen keys in the slightest.

I used to think he was something of a miniature bull terrier which is why I made him one in those old edits, mostly because of the schnoz.
I only made him a Boston terrier in the last edit because I thought it was established he was one somewhere.
Frankly I have no idea what breed Hudson is since his mouth is always jumping all over the place.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

TofuDiva posted:

You two just about made me snort my Guinness :golfclap:

Wish I had the animation skills to make it so. (A Christmas or Holly Terrier, I mean.)

I don't know if this is exactly what you meant but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Tiggum posted:

The transparent one looks poo poo against a dark background. :effort:

• Locked thread