Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

Speaking as a professional critic she comes off as rude.

Especially since that comic is Nina's soapbox for criticizing loving everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I like that Evans can't come up with a better example of crazy teenage shenanigans than rolling down a drat hill.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

As a self-styled literatus extraordinaire I definitely believe the story of a sixteen-year-old boy loving a thirteen-year-old girl, and thereby causing six deaths, is one of history's great romances

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

I would have thought this particular episode of Nina's Adventures would have been uncontroversial but honestly I'm not that surprised. I've met far too many liberals who seem to think being a condescending arrogant rear end in a top hat is perfectly acceptable as long as you have Right Opinions.

I think that strip works especially well in the context of every single other Nina's Adventures strip.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Office Hours

Literally my reaction every time my boss asks if we can "have a chat."

Does "Office Hours" also mean "Battered Women" in Finnish or something?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Everything good in this world is doomed to die all too soon and all too painfully! Cancer cancer cancer! *draws depression as a silly cat who causes minor inconvenience to people*

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mister Beeg posted:

Don Martin Dept. (Mad #62, April 1961)

What is this "KABOOM" bullshit? No *THRANKT* or *KA-BRUMPKA* or even a *FLOON* sound? I'm disappointed in you, Don Martin.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

A Zits joke? Surely professional stand-up comedian Steve Kelley can do better than that!

Ed is actually impressed with the news coming out of #BadSochi. It's a shining example of profitable efficiency!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Man, the talking heads in Zachary Nixon Johnson drone on about more far-out futuristic space stuff than any other talking heads ever! Maybe next time they'll talk about a space battle, or time travel! :pcgaming:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pakled posted:

If Foxy Grandpa has taught me anything, it's that people had a really loose definition of a prank 100 years ago.

That being said, I love it. :allears:

Gonna straight pwn some fuckers by stealing their blankets and laying them under a tree by the watering hole so I can fall asleep in the comfort of my best bro's loving embrace, poo poo's gonna be hella tight

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

What are these people's names again? Does anyone remember?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Woebin posted:

I don't see what you're trying to say here. What does the presence of a strap-on have to do with Ted being or not being trans?

I have no idea, but I just noticed that "strap-on" backwards is "no parts!" :ironicat:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Bus will save them for sure.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TyrsHTML posted:

Too much to ask for a murder / suicide at this point I guess. :sigh:

We just have to think positive!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oswald...CALLED CLAY CAMEL

Mandrake villains must all go in for Freeman on the Land scams.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

O'Mara you SOB. :ohdear:

The magic of O-Ma-La borrowing his friend's poisoned knife? Come on now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

:what:

This story arc guest-written by DarkxKitsune666, author of fanfiction.net's world famous Sailor Moon Is My Waifu saga

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Humanoid Female posted:

Wait, what? So why isn't SHE looking for a job too? He looks like he's supposed to be in his 20s, she's probably in her 40s. Why is this entire story arc focused on his job search instead of both of them?

This is about your generation's failings. Don't try and change the subject.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Humanoid Female posted:

I'm 42 and I can't imagine a world where I'd be sitting at home on my rear end all day without a job or income, acting like that's normal, and then bitching about how my kid needs to get a job because we don't have any money.

Tommy could go get a job down at the drive-in, malt shop, or automat lickety-split if he would just get a haircut.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pvt.Scott posted:

I think Jane's friend is about to lay some moves on her. Go for it Jane! :unsmith:

The comic will cut away to different people doing something completely unrelated, possibly decades removed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

She knows that no joy or good things will ever last, and that there is no escaping the inevitable.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They are seriously going to take eight weeks to go "LOL HE IS REAL POLICEMAN WHAT A JAPE," aren't they.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Hey kids, these low res pictres of money aren't actually redeemable for cash!

Neither are Bitcoins. Won't that confuse them?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh no! A sad face! The saddest face!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

I was honestly so enthralled with the current storyarc that I forgot all about a certain vocabulary issue, but it was like meeting an old friend again. It simply will never get old. :allears:

I still have no idea if all the innuendo is intentional or not.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening here. I see a huge pole, a tub of lard, and a boy with a hole in the seat of his pants, so I'm begging for a legitimate explanation.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Are we really supposed to like this rear end in a top hat?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tambaloneus posted:

Y'know pretty sure I can walk through a field without getting twigs n poo poo in my hair soooo I can only presume somewhere between the highway and the bus-stop there was some rolling around on the ground.

They stopped to roll down a hill, because that's just how WILD and SPONTANEOUS these crazy kids are! Twenty-eight skidoo!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Foxtrot does do pretty good nerd service. I can't get some of them though. What's the thing to the right of the rocketship (beneath mario and above the kraken/sea beast?) And what's the thing in the bottom left?

It's Batman in the Batcave, with some bats overhead and what looks like a coin-operated kiddie Batmobile ride.

:byodame: Why can't these useless GOD drat lazy kids take care of their GOD drat SELVES!?!?!?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Sphinxster posted:

Beenexklox is a spoonerism of kleenex box.

I knew it seemed familiar and I should have known it was something dumb!

It would have to be either that or "Land-Hotion," wouldn't it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RevKrule posted:

And my point is proven! That smarmy rear end in a top hat overheard them talking and now is going to go home and setup his snipebot to gently caress this bitch over. Why? Because he's sick of hearing her talk about how she keeps getting free comics because she knows someone in the military.

I hate you funkyverse but I can't stop reading you :(.

No, see, an evil person would have angry eyebrows all the time. That guy's wearing the ubiquitous haggard false smile that half-heartedly masks his complete emotional death and resignation to the unceasing tortures of life. That shows he's good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:ironicat:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Selachian posted:

Ha ha! Look at that wacky kid who doesn't understand that you work at a job! Kids these days, amirite?

It's not as if a liquor drinking piece of poo poo like him could ever hope to rise above the minimum-wage food service peon caste, anyway!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Just cut and paste someone else's work in there and pretend you're making something new.

That'd be like it was his full-time job or something!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Selachian posted:

So Lester thought the Skarsgard/sneeze guard joke was enough of a knee-slapper to repeat it twice. :bravo:

It's no Zebra Roomba Zumba, that's for sure. He's slipping.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Those assumptions are not nearly baseless enough.

As an Initiate of the Fifth Circle of the Hermetic Guardians of the Wadjet, Mr. Fenwick should easily have been able to transmute or transpose the handcuffs, since they were not fashioned from True Gold. He has also dismissed his homonculus, because bonded creations of blood magic are incapable of telling a lie.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

You have literally met aliens, Mandrake. What are you doing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Maybe if they repeat this joke some more it'll start being funny.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Inspector Danger really gets off on dead mafiosi, doesn't he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Number 4, like all comic strip artists, is an unhinged sociopath who seethes with universal bitterness and hate. He did the deed after overhearing Mr. Manzony say "But does it have to be about cancer all the time?" and then altered Number 1's painting to implicate him. The alteration was uncovered when crime scene investigators found a stick figure squirrel in the painting, mourning the "good old days" before Roe v. Wade.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 4, 2014

• Locked thread