Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyjibo
Apr 1, 2003

fade5 posted:

Huh, even though the art is lovely, this artist is at least somewhat familiar with how Chess is played (and how the board is set up), and is using that to make a point.

Explanation for non-Chess players: this is a really bad opening by Obama, his King is exposed to attack with no way to escape, and neither his Bishop or Queen can move. Also, if whoever-the-hell-that-is plays right, then it's a possible Fool's mate in 2 turns.

Of course, this cartoon relies on the reader being slightly familiar with how Chess works.:v:
Or it depends on the cartoonist googling "worst chess opening" and going with the top Wikipedia hit or something similar. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyjibo
Apr 1, 2003
GOP
GOT

NOT
HIN

Where does this guy stash his boosterism-flavored Kool-Aid, anyway? And can I get some? I want to be this unwaveringly happy about everything.

Kwyjibo
Apr 1, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'll take any chance to repost this.

I just wanted to reaffirm the sheer amazing nature of this comic. I can put nine stamps on a 13 ounce box of whatever, scribble an address 2500 miles away on it, drop it into a collection box that's maybe 200 feet away from me, and it'll magically arrive at that address in three business days. The gently caress more could I possibly ask for?

• Locked thread