Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Prons posted:

Does any video exist of Stalker Patti being made over on Muarry?
I remember seeing clips of it on Foundry, so it's gotta be around somewhere.

I remember a funny moment years later when Louis CK was in studio, Maury was on TV the studio and it was the Stalker Patti episode, and Louie notices it and goes "Is...is that Stalker Patti on Maury?" and they just completely brush it off. "Huh? Oh, yeah, that is her. Anyway, we have this audio..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

And these days, VidOandA (and others) is putting up video segments the day they talk about them. I purposely didn't listen to the Serch stuff the other day because I wanted to wait for the video, and it was up in a matter of hours.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Oh boy, Dr. Ian Smith in today. Hopefully he becomes a weekly guest again.

Tevryr posted:

Anyone else tell just how stoned Opie was from like 20-30 minutes in?

calmed down after talking about popcorn peanuts and spine tingle noises
On Tuesday or Wednesday's show? I heard him talking on Tuesday about how he's still "thinking about" weed again, so the same thing he's been saying since 2002.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Yeah, that annoyed the poo poo out of me. It's absolutely inexcusable. As you pointed out with the waveform image, you don't even have to listen to it to know something is wrong. It doesn't help that the sweepers are antiquated shlocky 90's radio-sounding poo poo.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

That's our Anthony! *audience laughs/cheers* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqM2yiIVWLU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Gonzo McFee posted:

Didn't he end up admitting that he made it up?
I don't recall him saying he made it up. Maybe he just said that to make nice when they made up, but that's a pretty drat specific detail about someone to just make up on the fly for spite purposes.

Also, Louis CK was very good yesterday, definitely worth listening to.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Did they even say what the "supershow" would entail? Because if it's just having Lady Di, Sandy Kane and Denny in studio, that's not exactly instant radio gold.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Cacafuego posted:

So, Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead. I gotta imagine they'll talk about that as I believe he's responsible for quite a few sound clips and they all (at least I know Jimmy and Ant do)love his characters.
This was never discussed on the show, and I only heard about it through a chance listening of a Nick DiPaolo podcast, but Jimmy actually had Thanksgiving with Hoffman this past year. Apparently Louie CK had a big get-together at his place for Thanksgiving, and invited the likes of Bob Kelly, Jimmy, DiPaolo, and also Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Nick didn't say much about it, except that Hoffman was absolutely obsessed with this cornbread that he brought to bake, and was constantly tending to it in the oven.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

"Very mysterious."

All the 90 Day Fiance stuff has been cracking me up. The video versions on youtube are great as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmPFdjR3RBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnYStF4StY

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Birthday Cake posted:

So is this 90 day fiance thing a paid endorsement? The boys were saying they get the episodes in advance.

Either way I'm ashamedly captivated by it, that Pao is a 10/10
They usually get advanced screeners and such for guests. I think they stumbled onto the show, and Roland knows the publicist (of course, it's a TLC show), so he got them the advance episodes once they agreed to have the couple on as guests.

I'm strangely captivated by the show too. It's funny because even though there's a lot creative license with the editing and stuff, the people all appear to be real. That small-town Brazilian girl obviously isn't as naive as they portray, since she's been tweeting since 2011.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 11, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Speaking of the diet, when Dr. Ian Smith was in he was ragging on E-Rock for his "water enhancers" by saying stuff like "Aw man, don't touch that stuff! It'll give you ball cancer! Who knows what artificial stuff is in that??" so then I looked at his website and his "shred" branded food items, and his lovely snack bars are loaded with all sorts of additives, and the same artificial sweeteners that he said caused cancer. Out of all the people involved with the weight loss thing, E-Rock is the only one even close to being likable.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

livingfruitvirus posted:

O&A guests today: Vos, Bawby, Bonnie, Bill Burr, Keith Robinson, Dane Cook, Dave Attel, Big Jay Oakerson
Did Patrice die again or something?

EDIT: Oh yeah, the benefit.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

During today's opening hour of free speech/language policing chat:

Caller: Guys, you talk about this constantly, drop it.
Opie: No we don't.
Caller: I love you guys, I listen all the time, you guys never shut up about stuff like this, especially the word "human being."
Opie: You don't get it. We don't talk about this all the time.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I haven't listened to Ron and Fez in forever, but decided to check out Friday's show, since I like Big Jay Oakerson a lot. Laughed my rear end off several times and I'm not even halfway through. Fez is even talking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykNM0v-NX1A

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

It's funny that all along, Jimmy has been saying "Scott stinks and all, but the true hack is Todd." How true it is.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

UncleMonkey posted:

It reminded me of how Dave used to butcher phrases, like when he said that something was "just the tip of the ice bird."
Didn't he once say because his wife used credit cards a lot, she was a "card shark"? And Ron just says "That's not what a card shark is."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Is Shelby the same person as Sheepy from around 2007ish? They both sound whiny and nerdy.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

UncleMonkey posted:

I also love how Ant has been trashing family guy for jokes that basically repeat over and over until it's so annoying it's supposed to be funny. That's all Opie does now and it's awful. That irony can't be lost on them, can it?
Opie is notoriously tone-deaf to things like that, and there have been many times where he subliminally gets influenced by it. The biggest example is one time a few years ago, they did a pretty lengthy break on how awful the phrase "brings the funny" is. It was mostly Ant and Jim going off on it, but it was more than a passing mention. The very next day (perhaps even the same day) Opie says "After the break we've got Patrice O'Neal coming in...man, Patrice just brings the funny. Patrice really brings the funny." And then after the break Opie sheepishly had to admit that he said "brings the funny" and he was incredibly embarrassed. It's happened several times where Ant/Jim trash something, and then Opie does the exact thing shortly thereafter, and gets all embarrassed and says "Ok I don't get uncomfortable on the show ever, but I am now."

Also I love Opie acting like Ant is a genius for noticing the Family Guy thing, when South Park did an episode on it in 2006.

Stotty posted:

This doesn't seem as bad to me as the idea of getting a refund on the memento from Patrice's benefit concert.
What about selling instagram pictures?

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 11, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Breuer and the Pizza Guy made TMZ:

quote:

"Half Baked" star Jim Breuer's ex-neighbor is now facing felony stalking charges -- after allegedly mailing a box of condoms to the actor's Jersey house ... in a perverted joke involving Jim's underage daughters.

Sources close to Jim tell TMZ, the actor's been having problems with Giuseppe Ionfrida for a couple years ... but it got particularly twisted back in December.

We're told Ionfrida allegedly left extremely creepy comments on a YouTube video about Jim, such as ... "How's your three pretty daughters doing ;)" Days later, Jim claims Ionfrida shipped him a box of condoms.

We're told Jim called police in early January, and Ionfrida was arrested on felony stalking charges.

We spoke to Ionfrida who told us he denies leaving the YouTube comments about Jim and his daughters. He did say he doesn't like his kids hanging around Jim -- which is an issue since their kids are friends.

Ionfrida has a hearing Wednesday on the stalking charges... and is prohibited from contacting Jim and his family as a condition of bail.
http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/12/half-baked-jim-breuer-neighbor-condoms-stalking-giuseppe-ionfrida-joe/

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

eightysixed posted:

The pizza guy? As in the Dominos commercial video? I thought that whole thing was a work, pushing him into the pull and all? :confused:
No, his creepy neighbor that's been harassing him/the town for years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcnKBAChyEg

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Great Opie moment on yesterday's show. I forget the exact audio they were listening to, and this happened:

Opie: Pause!!
Jim: *funny line*
Opie: Dammit!! Dammit Jimmy that's what I was going to say! I said "pause"!!
Jim: You have to just fire it out.
Opie: *grumbles*

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Amphion posted:

Wackbag and youtube commenters are enraged at O&A&J for not attacking her and the xojane blogger after all the feminist/white male privilege talk.
I don't see how any regular listener of the show would expect them to attack her, they rarely attack anyone face to face, let alone a not-unattractive girl.

Sounds like I should probably avoid that interview altogether, I can't imagine there being anything redeeming about it.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

She looks even worse in the pictures from the other day posted in this thread.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I find it disgustingly hilarious how Lady Di actually thinks that Colin is into her.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Lovechop posted:

Classic.

The one Patrice quote I always have rewind like ten times over is his "THIS loving GUY IS SMART AS SHIIIIITTTTTTTTT. YOU MOTHER FUCKER." to Michio Kaku
"Go on Jeopardy, nigga."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I'm surprised Ant took the Fox News stance on legalizing weed (not yesterday with Dan Soder, but a few weeks ago). I think it was before the tax stats came out, but he was really condescending and said "Yeah, I don't know about legalizing weed. We don't need a stoned populous." About 10 seconds later he came to his senses a bit and said "Well, I guess if you weren't smoking before you probably won't now, and if you smoke now you'd do it anyway..." Still pretty interesting how he instantly went with the Fox mentality though. Now his reasoning for not legalizing weed is "If you put dispensaries in areas with inner-city crime, a thug will assault you for your weed outside." I guess we should probably get rid of ATMs in cities too, Ant.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Amphion posted:

I was surprised O&A&J didn't know that people didn't like the word tranny anymore, but then I realized I only know that from reading these forums for so long.

I've been listening to stuff from 07-09 and it was jarring at how much they used fag and human being since they never say it anymore. I wonder if they were told not to.
Jim still throws around human being pretty casually, although it's usually at himself. After hearing the break today, I'm guessing they're gonna stick with the same mentality for tranny as they do for human being, which is "It's not offensive to me and I can't empathize with those that find it offensive, so I'll keep using it."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

The last time I heard David audio is when I was listening to E-rock eating Sam's dad's "greatest treats of all time." E-rock was gagging down the buttermilk and nearly vomiting every time he sipped it, so they had David try it. He thought it tasted great.

EDIT: On today's show, Ant's Jim Florentine impression was so spot-on I actually thought Jim was in studio.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 1, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Sintax posted:

The fat covers up the child rapist look a little bit.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

CrashCat posted:

I guess it's splitting hairs, but a dad who spends all the money on booze is also pretty 'food insecure' to me. Sorry for the bad categorization, I suppose.
Ant broke into his apartment neighbor's house as an adult to steal Triscuits and Hydrox cookies.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Gonzo McFee posted:

Man, remember up to 2007 when Anthony would argue tooth and nail that he wasn't a racist and that people who accused him of such where PC crybabies?

Say what you will about Obama, but he's certainly made the racists far more open to admitting their racism.
The early XM days are funny because Ant very rarely talked about race, and when he did, he tip-toed around things and was never really offensive. Jimmy, however, called anyone from the middle east a "savage" who "funds terrorism", constantly made fun of Asians for having expressionless faces, and would casually throw out n-bombs (I recall him saying some piece of listener audio "sucks friend of the family dick"). Jim has definitely come around on a lot of that stuff.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Wasn't Otto really sick from some kind of an infection or something last year? I wonder if it was related to that.
Yeah, he had bacterial meningitis. He was in studio after that though, so he seemed to recover. Jim said that Otto took a nap and just didn't wake up.

Today they talked about Otto's "demons" and drug use, with Bob Levy calling in saying that Otto "finally got control of his life." So who knows what his drug use was like in recent years, but they definitely used to mention him stories about Rich Vos copping crack and such.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Yeah, I also had to bail out during that conversation. I don't even consider myself to be PC, but you can only hear "human being doesn't mean gay! you say it when your friend doesn't wanna go out!" so many times. I couldn't care less if a bunch of 50-year-olds say "human being" or "gay", but their absolute stubbornness and utter refusal to see it any other way than their own is just mind-boggling. I also got really sick of frat-boy "haze the new guy" Opie. He'll never do that against confident guys like Burr or Dan Soder, but someone like Bert is perfect for Opie to pick on. I wonder how Opie would react if it were Joe Rogan saying he doesn't say "human being" anymore (which he doesn't).

therealjon_ posted:

Monday's Ron and Fez show with Jay sitting in was about as good as it gets.
Amazing show. I was absolutely dying during the topic of Jay's horrible late 80's fashion.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 23, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I don't think I even have the energy to listen to O&A today. I mean I know what Ant and Jim's stance is, but just the way the present it makes it so repellent. They get so incredibly worked up that it's unpleasant to listen to. Hopefully Fez is still gone and Big Jay or Dan Soder will be on R&F again.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Even though they're basically just kids (getting bombarded by vile O&A fans), I'm still amused by them complaining about being picked on and bullied while in the same breath saying that "all white cis males should be dead."

ozza posted:

Also, didn't see much mention here of Jimmy's Vice show. What are everyone's thoughts about it? I foresee a hell of a lot of blinking, bug eyeing and (in CQ's words) doing an imitation of an intellectual.
I don't know how Jim got it into his head that he's a good interviewer, but he's not. I can't really see it going well. Jim thinks that reading someone's wiki/imdb page in front of them (and then getting corrected for asking about erroneous information) is a sign of a good interview.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

TL posted:

I was scanning FM radio this morning on my way to work and came in on the Todd Show in the middle of a phone scam. He dumped that "dibbydibbydibby" song. This upsets me greatly.
I love how even that lovely song is stolen. It's from a early 90's cranberry juice commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbcrqpi5OCc

Todd's never done an original thing in his life.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Wow, today Jim gave a sincere "I'm sorry for bitching about fake names online, I'l stop." It was in regard to the video game guy getting fired for saying Sterling's privacy was invaded.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Wait, which video game guy? Somebody got fired for saying that Sterling's privacy was invaded? Which...y'know, it kind of WAS?
http://twitter.com/TurtleRock/status/461985205323317248

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

shyduck posted:

The Louie segment felt off, as in it was less hangout and more interview. It also seems like they don't know how to talk to him anymore.
Yeah, that's been the vibe for a while now. I think the only time it wasn't in recent memory is when Louie popped in unannounced at the end of the show. Other than that appearance, it's them interviewing him and fawning over how famous he is, while he makes noises like "hm. meh. blrgh."

And his show is definitely not as brilliant as people make it out to be. A lot of episodes are really funny, some are great while not being funny, but a lot of them are just not good at all. Which is fine, it's not like a TV show has to be amazing every single episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

ChristianDB posted:

Harping back to the Louie debate, that episode where he's opening up for Jerry, if you have ever done comedy, it's both gut wrenching and loving hilarious what is going on. I keep having to pause it because I can't take how close to home it hits. Even everything before it, the lead up has been my experience that lead to the inevitable conclusion
I'm so glad that episode had the twist toward the end, because I was beginning to wonder what the gently caress was going on and if Louie just decided to write himself having sex with hot models.

Also, this interaction between Jim and Louie on Monday was really funny to me:

Jim: I was looking at this picture from Lucky Louie of me, you, and Rick Shapiro. Boy, was I fat disgusting pig.
Louie: You were never a fat person.
Jim: Oh, I was. I was loving so fat.
Louie: You have mental problems.

• Locked thread