Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
MOTYC:

Goto v. Shibata (Wrestle Kingdom 8- 01/04/2014)
Devitt v. Ibushi (Wrestle Kingdom 8- 01/04/2014)
Nakamura v. Tanahashi (Wrestle Kingdom 8- 01/04/2014)
Naito v. Okada (Wrestle Kingdom 8- 01/04/2014)

HM:

Bucks v. Hooligans v. Suzuki-Gun v. Time Splitters (Wrestle Kingdom 8- 01/04/2014)
KES v. Bullet Club (Wrestle Kingdom 8- 01/04/2014)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Yeah I considered not giving KES v. Bullet Club HM but it had some cool parts and a really awesome looking choke slam.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
It was unbelievably bad. Stupid, boring, makes your champ look weak, any number of reasons could be given for why this was awful. Fourthed.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

John Cena posted:

MOTYC: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA - NJPW The New Beginning Osaka 2/11/14

I won't give it MOTYC since I don't think it was as good as the WK8 4 Way, but I'll give it HM which is what I also gave that match. Fun spotfest, neato near falls, kinda meh finish.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
thirded, fun stuff, I loving love Ibushi consistently

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Fourthed.

Incredibly exciting match. loving incredible. I had been talking to a friend earlier about how I really loving love Naito's in-ring ability and wish he had more of a character, well he definitely loving showed a character today and while it was sad to see him lose the belt it was also extremely exciting to see a real loving warrior like Ishii finally get gold. Hopefully he has a great run ahead of him, since he's been in some of the greatest matches of the last couple years and deserves the belt. Every single near-fall in that match felt like it could be the one.

And yeah, that's MOTY material already, candidacy be damned.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Yeah, it's tough to evaluate Okada/Goto right now, in the aftermath of an instant classic gem like Naito/Ishii. It's PROBABLY a low-tier MotYC match, because I think it's on a level above "nifty tag team juniors match" but it's definitely not as good as Goto/Shibata or even Okada/Naito in my opinion.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

I know basically nothing about the participants in this match, but I'll give it an HM, not a MotYC. It was pretty drat entertaining, including some excellent lariats, a couple interesting tag finisher type spots/near falls, and a pretty hilarious body slam spot. Pretty solid 3 3/4 star-ish match.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Flameingblack posted:

If you want to watch a really good Women's pro wrestling match from this year, watch Io Shirai vs Natsuki*Taiyo and nominate it for HM. Because it was much, much better and smoother than Paige vs Emma.

Which reminds me, I forgot to nominate it myself.

HM: Io Shirai vs Natsuki*Taiyo

I'll give this an HM. Wish the video quality was better. Pretty hot crowd, excellent fighting spirit, beautiful moonsaults, a shining wizard, and my favorite move from WCW vs. nWo World Tour for a finisher.

Don't have the network yet so my Arrival noms will be late. Deal with it.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Fourthed.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
MotYC: Ibushi v Okada, Anniversary Show

I haven't seen the rest of the show yet, but this match was loving incredible. From the cute little chain wrestling spots at the start of the match to the Ibushisault to the outside I was already excited because it was a fast-paced Okada opening. Then the first Rainmaker reversal happened, and I was loving dumbfounded by how great the lariats looked out of Ibushi. Then everything else was just amazing from that point on. The German was absolutely disgusting.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
My War of the Worlds Noms:

HM:
Nakamura v. Steen
Kushida v. Lethal

MotYC:
reDRagon v. Young Bucks
Okada v. Elgin v. Styles

I liked Liger v. Cole a lot but I think it's like a 3 3/4 star match, and Bennett v. Tanahashi had way too much Maria-related stuff to be up there for me. Still a very fun card overall.

I thought the crowd was actually pretty tame, honestly, they should've been exploding for that triple threat.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Nthing

Ishii v. Ibushi NJPW 5/25 Back to the Yokohama Arena as MOTYC

and

Makabe/Tanahashi v. Shibata/Goto from the same card as an HM

and

Okada v. Styles from the same card as an HM

I will also say that if you scan this thread for recommendations, the opening 8 man tag and the Fale/Naito matches were both very very fun and worth watching even if they don't quite approach HM levels.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
To be fair the tag division WAS pretty good for a few weeks last year when it was being given a good amount of focus.

I'll say HM for all three of the NXT matches people gave a poo poo about, and I'd consider all 3 on the verge of being MotYC candidates. The insanely hot NXT crowd makes the event into a really fun one for the last hour plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I'll Nth Harada-Kotoge, haven't gotten to the other one yet but the match got really loving good around the time they did all the apron stuff and the last five minutes was very fun. I really like Kotoge's offense and loved the way Harada celebrated his early "victory".

• Locked thread