Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

bman in 2288 posted:

So basically, while Jenson was created to be a powerhouse off the bat, JC is meant to be modular, thus increasing his overall capabilities in time.

Basically, yeah. Jensen was sort of 'locked in' when he got augmented, as he was already at the top of his game physically speaking; JC is brand new, a blank slate, an empty piece of paper that is ready to be written on. Pure potential, essentially.

One thing to remember about Jensen is that he had plenty of real-world, practical experience as a police officer and SWAT team member prior to being sent through Sarif's Mean Bean Machine. JC had a year of training, tops, before being told "go free the statue of liberty from terrorists in STALKER larp gear." It very much shows the difference between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah I wasn't too sold on the DX OC Remix album either, seemed all to jumbled and noisy most of the time.

Unfortunately that's a lot of OCR's albums as of late. That, and a sort of...blandness, that's becoming common with the submitted remixes. But maybe that's just me.

Hammer Floyd posted:

I think we need a running total of how many people re-install or re-start Deus Ex thanks to this thread.

Joke's on you, I never uninstalled it :v:

Junior G-man posted:

I keep being amazed by this game; every time I play it I find some new equipment or snippet of dialogue that I've never heard before. Especially if you take the time to keep questioning NPCs after the 'useful' conversation is over etc.

The amount of hidden dialogue in this game is truly mind-boggling sometimes.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Placing furniture around in Deus Ex is one of my favorite past times.

:911:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Whoa, Michiel van den Bos liked your version? That's some serious props dude.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

In regards to Anna, it's actually possible to avoid killing her entirely by exploiting her AI. The game still considers her dead after this point, so it's really only worth doing if you're going for a 'pure' pacifist run.

I think you can also force her to run by doing enough damage to her, but I might be remembering wrong.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

FinalGamer posted:

The battle music is also really kickass in this. Something people might not know about this game's soundtrack, is that EVERY SINGLE AREA of the game has four different variations. A normal theme, a battle theme, a conversation/dialog theme, and a death theme. Literally every area in the game has this, even areas you might not think you can actually die in.

However, finding an absolute 100% full OST of the game--including all the dialogue music--is a right pain in the rear end.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

There actually is one more thing you can do with those stacked storage crates on the surface of Area 51, with the slanted one you can run up. Over on the other side of the crates is a dead body--a soldier, if I remember right--with an item or two on him. You have to pull some boxes over to get to him, and I don't remember if it's really worth it or not, but it's there nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Ugato posted:

It really cracked me up that there was a small pause for the only lyric of the 3 songs ("RULES OF NATURE").

That's just respect, man.

• Locked thread