Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

Did this girl debut on RAW? Or is her NXT hype just spreading like wildfire?

I find this girl completely bewildering and hope she has a long, illustrious career.

She's been in the crowd on Raw with her hashtag sign the last couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

notaspy posted:

Thanks you guys for doing all these awesome gifs, a quick question about that Bryan chap. What's huis stick and why does it make him popular? Is he the new Rock or something?

Basically, he's the underdog everyman. He's a genuinely nice dude with a unique look, a lot of charisma and is arguably the best in-ring wrestler in the world or certainly was until very, very recently. On top of that, he's got a catchphrase/word that's easy to chant and he's rightly seen as unfairly overlooked or underrated by management.

In short, he's Mick Foley 2k14.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

That wasn't a booked segment, by the way. Steiner wasn't even under contract at the time!

Of course not, it's on Thunder for God's sake!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JPrime posted:

Is that Stunner unusually stiff or is Mero bumping wrong? :ohdear:

I think he's just selling well. This wasn't long into Austin using the move, so putting it over like death is a good idea.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I'll quite happily get to work.... in late 2014/early 2015 :smith:

New Sky deal doesn't start until Jan '15, I'd be shocked if it launches here before then. MLBAM provide services here, so the infrastructure's there, it's got to be legal holding them back.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, these things sometimes take a while to heal! DDP had hosed up ribs for what felt like 3 years! :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Pictured here: Hogan refusing to take a suplex bump for Virgil.

Well, a suplex bump on the floor, which I sorta get, but still, if you're not going to do the spot properly, DON'T DO IT. Especially not with Wrestling Superstar Mike Jones.

Wazzu posted:

Who are these wizards, able to summon Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair like they do?

Looks like Sean Mooney and some truck monkeys Vince terrfied into Star Trek cosplay.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, they're trying to get people to watch it online to stress-test the system before Mania, after what happened with the NXT show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
World's Most Giant Indie Geek?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Oh. That hasn't aired yet, that would have been a nice surprise :smith:

Guys... don't make Jerusalem sad. :arghfist::(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Patrick noooo :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
28 also has the sit-up, and Taker just going to town on both guys, showing that the broken old horse from the previous year wasn't there, The Dead Man was.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah it was just his foot that exploded, I mean he's been ready for months, but they wouldn't let him return. Hell they should have replaced RVD's return with Evan's, think of the pop for that.

gently caress it, put him with RVD as a tag team. Covers for Rob being a little older, gives the younger dude the rub. (Plus, wasn't Bourne one of the group that got busted for synthetic pot?)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

The last thing Bourne probably needs is being in constant contact with a guy who heavily preaches the benefits of marijuana.

At least it'd be the natural stuff!

"Dude, don't be puttin' that fake poo poo into your body! Gotta go organic, just like everybody's favourite wrestler, ROB. VAN. DAM!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Something about Dave doing the emphatic "Annnnnnd DOWN!" with the Pedigree makes me smile every time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Dear rest of the WWE Roster:

When in doubt, sell like Seth.

Best part is it's safe, but LOOKS like death. He takes a back bump, then arches over backwards.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

With Austin singing, of course.

"DAH-DAH DAH DAH-DAH DUN-DUN!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

How's he supposed to catch him with the lights out?!

...Why do they even still do the light thing for Sin Cara? It's not even the right colours anymore?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Can I ask and I expect I know the answer, but was the ref taking that bump an excuse for him not to see Bully putting that dude through the table (I'm guessing it's a Tables match)?

Yes, he was clearly supposed to get hit by the heel on the way up for the powerbomb. The finish was Dixie Carter in drag pushing Bubba off the stage and through a table.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Reminds of that Jim Herd idea of a hunchback tag team that couldn't be pinned.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

derriere demons posted:

Also hasn't Cena done more Make-A-Wish wishes then anyone else or something like that?

Yes, over 300, I believe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

Happy Mother's Day PSP, here's Paige's mum making sure no one else can be a mum.

Was that just one match, or is it a Saraya signature to kick opponents in the vag?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Ambrose is Alternate Universe Piper.

Isn't Piper his hero? Like, for real?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Lorne Malvo working on another alibi, eh?

"Well ya see, Deputy Solverson, I was just out at the wrestlin' matches in Minneapolis, gosh, I just love that Sheamus fella. So I couldn'ta killt those men!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Violently Car posted:

This is one of the coolest spots I've ever seen.

...Wait, did the Bucks MAKE the other dude Tombstone his partner?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No mo' slo-mo Bo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I like the way you sell, boy!"

(Sadly we didn't then get Roman caning the gently caress out of Evolution in a role reversal)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You're forgetting "ARGLE BARGLE PUNCH PUNCH BITE CHEW SPIT"

And "WHOOPS IM FALLING OUTTA THE RING OH NO IM NOTCLOTHESLINE!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

notaspy posted:

I know nothing of the characters but I always assumed it would be the little blonde dude who would turn first.

Has it been explained yet?

Nope, him turning was the cliffhanger, essentially. And Ambrose is the more natural bad guy of the trio, but WWE seem to be least high on him, considering Rollins has been getting a lot of mic time and constantly gets to be the one who gets offence on Triple H, and the booking of Reigns as a nigh-unstoppable warrior.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

A front bump gone horribly awry.

Is that what she's trying? I thought she was doing a flip bump? Like how you'd sell a snapmare or something.

And Trish looks so resigned.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Requesting .gif from Raw of Reigns walking behind Ambrose, grinning, during Dean's promo. (Right around Dean talking about rearranging Seth's face)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There was some random Big Show run-in a few years back, after Show had had one of his months long breaks, and you've just got this 7 foot giant barreling down the ramp at full tilt, and it was the most terrifying thing. Like, Paul Wight was going to murder whoever was at the end of this ramp, and there was literally no way to stop him.

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't watch TNA, but has Abyss always worn Mankinds old thrown away clothes?

Abyss is literally Chris Parks bringing his ManKane CAW to life.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 20, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

You are a gentleman and a scholar, Jerusalem.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jericho's expression after the blackout is great. Just the right amount of confusion and fear, without making himself look like a dork. (Well, any more than his '40 year old dad who thinks this year is totally when his band's gonna make it' self already is)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alteisen posted:

That's a really cool shot after Bray turns the lantern off, dude seems to be fairly popular.

I think that's going to save him in the long run. The light show makes his entrance and the guy seem big time in a way that very few others do.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

How is Shark Boy not in that match?

It's an indoor pool, duh. Sharks need saltwater.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Memento posted:

He's got a great stare. Is he any good on the mic? I'm hoping he gets a chance at a singles run sometime.

He's been pretty solid the few times they've let him speak.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd pay good money to see Adam Sandler take the 3-D.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shawn Michaels just superkicked a wild bobcat!:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Oh hey look at that, I suddenly lost all desire to see this film. :smith:

I'm sure it has something very profound to say about Hercules' lady friend's butt.