Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shelf Adventure posted:

Get a bigger cage and put the cage in a cage.

Too expensive.

Just get a padlock and lock the cage door, then throw away the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
They tried to involve you with the bed-making GBS threads fiasco and failed. Now they had to involve you with the cage. They sound like they definitely have "involve the flatmates against their will" as part of the kink.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

I really hope it only stays here at tantrums and sulks. If your room-mate has also encouraged more violent behaviour in her that comes out down the line that could be quite disastrous for you.

Be so sad to find out that you had to have her put down.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

redreader posted:

They tried to involve you with the bed-making GBS threads fiasco and failed. Now they had to involve you with the cage. They sound like they definitely have "involve the flatmates against their will" as part of the kink.

If this is the case the OP should lounge around the house in full bondage gear, but ignore them and their kink stuff. If asked, claim it has nothing to do with BDSM, it's just more comfortable than sweatpants.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012
How d-dare you not let my sex slave poo poo the bed in your apartment!

I'm gonna put her in a cage in the living room and watch Downfall with her in protest!

Take THAT!

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

The BLT posted:

Holy poo poo goons are loving uptight and love extrapolating bullshit from the tiniest detail. While she's restrained an eyelash COULD fall in to her mouth where she inhales it and it slowly works it's way in to her bloodstream then her heart and SHE loving DIES AND YOURE LIABLE.

The OP would be liable if he'd let the sex games commence in the apartment with his knowledge, and something happened to Jen. Quite a few people have pointed out how something that sounds as mundane as lying in a bed for several hours in one position can cause serious problems. At the very least, Jen and/or her family could sue the OP, even if he wasn't charged with any crimes, or was charged but found innocent. If Jen claims the experience left her with an injury or condition that impeded her ability to support herself, for example, she'd probably have grounds to take the OP and James to court. Whether she'd actually win or not is another story. Still, why risk being sued as well as arrested, just so your stupid roommate can get his rocks off?

I briefly dated a guy really into BDSM, to the point of actually taking lessons on bondage and domination, and he was pretty up-front about it. He wanted to introduce elements of it to me, so we had quite a few talks about everything, always before it was even relevant to the relationship. One thing he told me was that every Dom should be tied up at least once--just tied up, no sex stuff necessary--before dominating someone else, so they can understand how vulnerable someone is when they're restrained. A responsible Dom is aware of how much trust their sub has placed in them, and will make sure that trust isn't betrayed by loving off for a few hours while the sub is tied up and locked away.

If you're going to introduce extracurricular activities to your sex life, you have to be mindful of pretty much everything that could go wrong. It may come across as paranoid or hysterical to you, but it's just plain responsible. Sure, it's unlikely that the house would catch fire while Jen is restrained and locked up, but it's not impossible. It's very unlikely that she'd choke to death on her own saliva, but it's not impossible. If your partner is willing to give up the freedom to so much as get off a bed and walk out of a room, you owe it to them to be responsible for their safety in every aspect.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

The BLT posted:

Holy poo poo goons are loving uptight and love extrapolating bullshit from the tiniest detail. While she's restrained an eyelash COULD fall in to her mouth where she inhales it and it slowly works it's way in to her bloodstream then her heart and SHE loving DIES AND YOURE LIABLE. The roommate is LITERALLY torturing another consenting adult and is a predator rapist monster pig to the core 100% of the time and his girlfriend has no agency whatsoever!

So you'd be totes OK with having someone just chained up in your house with no avenue for them to call for help or make anyone aware if they happened to be in distress, with details such as 'where will this person poo poo' and 'how will they eat' just being open-ended?

Yeah, sure, goons are totally the weird ones in this instance.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
New house rule, no one is allowed to have poop or urine in their room, even if they pay rent.
New house rule, no one is allowed to have music playing when they aren't home.
New house rule, no restraints or obstructions to movement in the apartment that would prevent evacuation in the event of a fire, flood, or gas leak.
New house rule, people who don't live in the apartment don't get to leave their stuff in the common area.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Knockknees posted:

New house rule, no one is allowed to have poop or urine in their room, even if they pay rent.
New house rule, no restraints or obstructions to movement in the apartment that would prevent evacuation in the event of a fire, flood, or gas leak.
New house rule, people who don't live in the apartment don't get to leave their stuff in the common area.

I feel like they could settle for 'New house rule: don't be loving weird to the people you live with.'

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Knockknees posted:

FYI, having people who don't live in the apartment sit in a cage in the living room and watch TV doesn't seem to be against these rules. For that matter, since he does live in the apartment is she considered his "stuff", given their relationship?

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

confused posted:

FYI, having people who don't live in the apartment sit in a cage in the living room and watch TV doesn't seem to be against these rules. For that matter, since he does live in the apartment is she considered his "stuff", given their relationship?

I think it only matters whose cage it is. If it is her cage, she shouldn't leave it in the common area. But honestly, is having her sulking in a cage in the living room that different from having her sulking on the couch in the living room? I just think it wouldn't be fair to legislate against that, if that's how they are hanging out.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knockknees posted:

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Knockknees posted:

make me

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
OP if this thread is also based off of a song then just tell us now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Knockknees posted:

I think it only matters whose cage it is. If it is her cage, she shouldn't leave it in the common area. But honestly, is having her sulking in a cage in the living room that different from having her sulking on the couch in the living room? I just think it wouldn't be fair to legislate against that, if that's how they are hanging out.

Yes, laying in a locked dog cage is the same as chillin on a couch. Like a human.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Zack_Gochuck posted:

For some reason I think the best part of this is that Jen has a license and he doesn't, so she really has way more power in the relationship.

Point out to them they are BDSM posers. In a real person/pup relationship the dog is not allowed to drive.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

Yes, laying in a locked dog cage is the same as chillin on a couch. Like a human.
Look man some people sit backwards in chairs and some people chill in dog cages. As long as it's not a fire hazard, who are we to judge?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Knockknees posted:

Look it's my gimp suit, and really is it, functionally, any different than a hoodie and jeans?

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Veskit posted:

OP how long ago did these two start dating I'm really really curious.
Less than a year, I'm not sure when they officially got together.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I like that James stayed for the protest caging. Like, sure these loving weirdos are having their attention whoring tantrum, but gently caress man he really wanted to see Downfall huh?
He didn't sit and watch it with them, but his room is next to the living room and he doesn't have a door and anyway he needs to pass through it to get to the bathroom.

Slo-Tek posted:

What are your interests in common, because I'm curious what hobby is worth shrugging this sort of thing off.
We don't hang out that much all three of us, but we all do/did geocaching together which was pretty fun.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the crisis has been averted. Last night I went to bed after coming home, and when I got up Jen had taken the cage and gone back to her place. It's one of those plastic crate type of things with a wire door. Also, earlier in the thread someone posted that Jen was fat, and I don't know where they got that from; she's not. She's got a lazy eye and sort of weird lips, which are things you can't just fix by eating better or working out.

The bondage weekend will not be happening, and we confronted Mike about putting Jens cage in the in the living room and told him not to do anything like that again. He apologized and promised he wouldn't. Apparently was Jens idea. It won't happen again, regardless.

Both James and I are pretty upset with Mike and there's an uncomfortable atmosphere at the moment, but keep in mind this has been one incident in a whole year. I also move out in about six months so this isn't gonna be a thing that much longer.
The situation is more or less resolved now, so there's not really much else to say or do other than move on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The situation isn't resolved until you kick Mike out for being a terrible roommate with a crazy loving girlfriend who lives in a cage.

Also pics of cage.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
I guess I'm alone here, but I can't help but feel the most hilarious part of all this is that Mike is deeply embarrassed by having a mild stutter, but isn't by leading his much younger, slightly-more-than-legal girlfriend around in public on a loving dog leash.

That right there should've clued you straight in, OP.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
BDSM is like 80% compensating for self-esteem issues with weird sex.

elnoseface
Jun 29, 2008
Wait, so why doesn't James have a door?

Infected Mushroom
Nov 4, 2009

elnoseface posted:

Wait, so why doesn't James have a door?

So he can't get locked in.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Yellow Jackson posted:

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the crisis has been averted. Last night I went to bed after coming home, and when I got up Jen had taken the cage and gone back to her place. It's one of those plastic crate type of things with a wire door.

So it's not even a classy all metal kind of setup for crate training? That's just sad & I feel worse for everyone involved now. This also ruins my suggestion of buying her a really big rabbit cage water bottle for the next movie night.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Yellow Jackson posted:

I also move out in about six months so this isn't gonna be a thing that much longer.

Trust me when I tell you that if things get weird/awful, this six months will feel like the longest, most insurmountable 'not that much longer' in your life.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What do you mean James doesn't have a door? How the gently caress does that work? Does that mean you have to watch this weird dog cage sex? I never understand how there's more to this story but there somehow always ends up being more to this story.

:psyduck:

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So it's not even a classy all metal kind of setup for crate training? That's just sad & I feel worse for everyone involved now. This also ruins my suggestion of buying her a really big rabbit cage water bottle for the next movie night.

I assumed it was this kind of crate. I take back everything I said now that I know it is a plastic piece of crap. A determined dog or human girlfriend could eventually chew their way out, or pop the pins.

Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012

Yellow Jackson posted:

...we confronted Mike about putting Jens cage in the in the living room and told him not to do anything like that again. He apologized and promised he wouldn't. Apparently was Jens idea.

Mike is the most rubbish dom ever. I'm sorry, but he needs to take lessons or read a book or something.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Yellow Jackson posted:

He didn't sit and watch it with them, but his room is next to the living room and he doesn't have a door and anyway he needs to pass through it to get to the bathroom.

Could you draw or take a picture of the layout of your house? It sounds pretty bizarre.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
So is it like this?

Because he can pick her up one like this on Aliexpress

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Infected Mushroom posted:

So he can't get locked in.

Nice!

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Veskit posted:

What do you mean James doesn't have a door? How the gently caress does that work? Does that mean you have to watch this weird dog cage sex? I never understand how there's more to this story but there somehow always ends up being more to this story.

:psyduck:

No, James's bedroom opens up into the living room. He had to take the door down because it opens inwards and his dresser is just a fraction of an inch too wide so it would prevent the door from opening more than a crack. He uses a bed sheet for the time being until he gets a new dresser and Mike does have his door so no one has to watch anything.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Except when doggy daycare is happening in the living room.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
My bad got the names confused. This somehow legitimizes this story more.

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
greatest E/N of all time, or merely one of the greatest?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

etherealshaq posted:

greatest E/N of all time, or merely one of the greatest?
Better than anything we got in 2013 as far as I can remember.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Seriously OP tell Mike he can't have his loving crazy girlfriend over anymore, hopefully that makes him move out and/or rant about BDSM oppression or whatever.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously OP tell Mike he can't have his loving crazy girlfriend over anymore, hopefully that makes him move out and/or rant about BDSM oppression or whatever.

gently caress that.

We have the potential for 6 months of awesome stories here. Every post from Yellow Jackson reveals another level of crazy, please tell us more.

Edit: Wording...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

No way should this be considered a great E/N when most people are calling it a fake.

• Locked thread