Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think I want to use nothing but pistols for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Stop the mouse discussion, seriously. Everyone has different comfort levels that allow them to perform efficiently. This is the worst subjective argument on the planet.

a slime posted:

What the gently caress

I said this irl after seeing the vid then scrolled down and saw your post and wanted to brofist my monitor.

Also damnit none of my vids are linked in the first post. I'm bad though so I guess that makes sense.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Popehoist posted:

random song from the Official Goonpug Playlist

They call me the DJ.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wonder how using pistols only in ranked would work out. I'd probably get kicked pretty fast.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Nuke and Inferno are brutal maps T side mostly because a lot of players are afraid of dying and/or going first in a push to put a crack in the CT team's holds on areas. If you got a team with confidence and little fear of fighting people set up on those tight corridor peeks than you're gonna start winning rounds instead of being picked off one by one.

You're gonna have that in a lot of maps, really, but on chokepoint maps like Inferno and Nuke, the effect is exacerbated.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I got some solid deags that game.

I still can't find any info on it being buffed sometime while I was away.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Yeah I don't believe anyone. It's a good joke.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Necc0 posted:

I agree with Xen I think

Because I just got a deagle ace on an enemy buy round on mirage. All hail the deagle.

4:45 PM - ❄ coLe `: I am now 101% sure you're a filthy cheater.
4:45 PM - ❄ coLe `: Confirmed.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Silence! You all know that regardless of lies you have spread, you have all invariably ushered in a new era of terror. Come to Xen.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Next stop: Deag City.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Population: 0

Sigh. Mcvey, wrong as usual.

http://74.91.119.72/demos/2014-02-02-09_14_06_de_mirage_ce.dem

I got a deag ace in there. So that's two so far. Both on round 10 in both demos...Interesting.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 2, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

teagone posted:

Just one demo? Let me know when you can put together a Fat Lou Awp 360 no scope-esque video consisting of only deagle aces.

I got another one. http://74.91.119.72/demos/2014-01-31-11_24_34_de_mirage_ce.dem

Round 10 on that one too. Interesting that they're both on mirage_ce. ;)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dylan-D posted:

Is there any valid strategy to employ with decoy grenades, specifically when they are used as intended (to decoy; not to fakeflash)?

The best way to throw people off who use the radar is to toss a decoy near a commonly played spot if you hold a site and there's a rush coming, it might either give them pause or cause them to line themselves up for better picks. Despite being only $50 I'd rather save the cash. Largely they aren't effective and you could use the grenade slot for another type.

If you do have a decoy though, just don't throw it at round start. That doesn't help anyone.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just in case anyone here is new, here's a public service announcement: I don't like anyone.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fat Lou posted:

Have you seen some of the players in Goonman? Some of them are bad and need to be taught. :viggo:

I believe the proper emoticon you were looking for is :black101:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dvsilverwing posted:

How does a molotov not? I usually buy both, and just drop one when the other runs out; the only way to counter a molotov is to drop a smoke on it, which would kind of be screwing your own team over when it comes down to it.

Smoke can also SLIGHTLY hinder you. You also can't see past the smoke, and while its true someone who runs right out of smoke has an inherent disadvantage because they're blind for a bit even if their model is fully visible, if there's a rush through smoke, you are gonna see a bunch of people just pop right out. A molotov inhibits them even more if you have a good angle because if they push through it, they take damage, and they can't stop moving to shoot back at you, so they are very exposed visibly AND taking damage the more time they are in the fire.

Different strategies call for different grenade usage, but molotovs can pay off quite heavily. In no way am I saying smoke should be underestimated, no one wants to push through into the open being completely blind.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think it'd be cool to just downrank to silver forever.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That double knife defense I had on mirage_ce last night was boss. Just saying. Also the 40 bomb on season wasn't even enough to carry for a win. So sad.

Zwiftef posted:

A neat side effect of this is that a smoke that lands on top of a fire is actually a little higher up than a normal smoke. My brother uses this when he holds apartments on Inferno to be able to see their feet while they're stuck in smoke.

Is that right? Hmm...

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Great patch, but I don't expect the fire rate changes to stay. Accuracy yes, but the fire rate makes it insane. For 200 more than the M4A4, the AUG fires faster, does more damage per bullet, and is more accurate in bursts.

I'm sure the crashing will be addressed.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jellidelic posted:

Getting used to shortnading is tricky. I still haven't figured out when it's useful on the fly, probably gonna have to run around on a listen server and try out some throws.

A good instance that comes to mind is if you're hugging near a corner like inferno's apts and you can do a toss to surprise flash anyone trying to snipe in from grave/library. Similar for Mirage's apts.

It's pretty situational, but if it comes up, I would much prefer the toss to a fuckin' baseball pitch.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I do wanna play with the new patch but I know if just speccing was any indication I will start crashing profusely in a match. Guess I'll wait a bit. I'm really curious to see how the radar skittles will work in the long run.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Descriptive image on (from left to right) grenade throw with fire, throw with fire+altfire, throw with altfire.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need that foil luck is skill one for my deag.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Now to consider how far into oblivion they'll throw the sig and aug after yet another over-buff.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah I was on ak-colt trying to deag from t to ct spawn and it wasn't working at all, really. Was hoping for reincarnated CS:S Deagle but nope :(

The only time it was laser accurate is when it came out on release. It still kicked like a mule but very viable on ranges up to dust2 pit to plat. Now you still roll the dice a little bit with standing accuracy but you're not caught in a huge accuracy cooldown if your first shot misses and you get in trouble. It's a lot tighter with crouch-firing, by the way. THEN you can snipe some heads.

I think the gun makes a lot of sense for being 800 now. I don't believe it should be the laser death cannon it was in Source. (Although I selfishly wish it was)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Apogee15 posted:

I never want to see the css deagle again.

You sure you don't want to see more of this? I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWfEoFSlFU

If you're more of a 1.6 guy though, I got somethin for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSuBWzqudKo

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 7, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

NickPancakes posted:

Brilliant. Early GO deagle was fun too.

Release stats Deagle was perfect.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fat Lou posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Whoever wants to represent team deagle, I will take you on in a one v one match with my Tec-9. First person to 10 kills. D2, Nuke, then Cache. Best of three. Winner gets a LUCK IS SKILL sticker.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Do I hear a challenge to my name? The winds of battle howl once again. Come before me, heathen! :black101:

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 7, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Where is the Champion of the Tec? My hype fades...

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So many tec-9 supporters. Sad.

Fat Lou posted:

We shall do it Sunday. I just got off work and need to wake up in 6 hours to go to work. :suicide:

We should hash out rules for this exhibition match.

Would we need buy zones? Also armor? What type of map, a DM/aim map? So many questions! We should leave it up to an arbiter. Minineo?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That clip was unreal.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I still prefer the AK over the Krieg.

The AUG is just silly though.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If you're newer to the games, a dynamic crosshair can help give you some indication your accuracy is going into orbit. A lot of people prefer to have a static crosshair though, I assume because having it jump around can be annoying.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
AUG AUG AUG

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 10, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fat Lou posted:

It will be for a FOIL LUCK OR SKILL sticker.

Oh poo poo.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hahah 7:50, drat who was that on mumble? I don't remember hearing that while playing.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If they're not carrying an AUG, they are prob carrying a P90.

What a joke.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I like how easy it is to check how new an account is in mm. Set your profile to private all you want. Haha, what a farce.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%

And a new skin. Interesting! Not that anyone is really going to notice 2.5% but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The new gun doesn't even seem that good. I based this opinion off a one round bot game.

• Locked thread