Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
More mouse poo poo:

First you'll want your Windows mouse sensitivity ticker at 6/11 on the slider in Pointer Options. Anything else either adds or removes pixels making the mouse less accurate.

Uncheck "Enhance pointer precision" as this is Window's mouse acceleration which is terrible.

In mouse drivers turn off accel again and a lot of people (PROS!!!!) like their mice at the lowest dpi, which is usually 450 or 400.

Even after doing this, Windows 7 and 8 still have acceleration, so I recommend getting mousefix. If you have mousefix installed you'll want your in game raw input to be turned OFF.

After doing this try to keep the in game sensitivity at ~2-3. Personally I use 2.8 @ 450DPI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
It's pretty easy to remember where the demos are: http://74.91.119.72/demos/

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
A lot of the CS's metagame is based off of calls and working together as a team. CAL used to do fade to black but that's about as far as no deadtalk will get.

Edit: Keep in mind that enemies didn't show up on radar when spotted in 1.6.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Fat Lou posted:

I want my CS:S famas back. That burst was loving legit as hell and was great at getting headshots on snipers.

I loved the 1.6 famas. Burst oneclicks all day.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
I got this aug right?

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Coleman posted:

The day on the server when someone realized that "Enhance Pointer Precision" in Windows was mouse acceleration, and you immediately heard 6 different people say, "OH MY GOD I HAD IT ON THE WHOLE TIME!" will go down as one of my top 5 days on the Goon server to date.

So this is why you're all so terrible. :getin:

Also, great config right there face; very groundbreaking. But I prefer a rate of 80085 as the goonman server forces at least 80k. I second the DA being the only good Razer product.

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 21, 2014

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

sleepness posted:

Is picking up your mouse when you feel that you're out of room generally a bad habit? My mousepad is HUGE, but for some reason, I like having my mouse in the center of it so I don't use nearly the full range of motion I have. Even when I try to actually use the full mousepad space, it feels awkward. Should I keep trying to not lift off?

Just keep doing what you're doing. Keeping the mouse on the mousepad at all times feels, as you said, very awkward. As long as you have room to make at least a 90 degree turn on either side.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
I believe the sideways keyboards are for comfort as you don't really get much space benefit until the keyboard is rotated well past 45 degrees.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

BrandNew posted:

This is all well and good but weed instead of doing any of that in this scenario started the next round by TKing him instantly.

I was telling him to "STOP WALKING" while also saying "UPPER" multiple times. He was behind the Terrorist while his teammates were 2v1ing him, after having known exactly where he is. Not to mention the bomb was already planted so he didn't have much time to waste. This could have been a 3v1 that would have been easily won. TKing him and having him watch a round would have been more beneficial than me explaining counter strike mechanics in the 15 second freezetime.

Edit: Also, I mentioned this in game to someone last night; I don't hate anyone if I yell at you it's just how I learned how to play CS (by getting yelled at). It's just very difficult to explain everything that should have been done when there is only 1:45 in a round and you've got to think about the current round as opposed to dwelling on the previous one.

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 26, 2014

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Because it's totally ace.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
get on your knees and tk yourself

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

PRADA SLUT posted:

I like tot because every time he peeks against me he gets stattrak glocked in the face.

This is not true. :colbert:

Actually maybe it is... (who are you in game?)

Edit:

Smol posted:

Don't know if I've been playing with cheaters or not, but it is weird to me that the top fragger in every matchmaking game I've been in so far seems to have just 1-2 games on their steam account with less than 30 hours of playtime in CSGO. And usually they get like 40 kills as well.

This is probably cheating but without a demo you have to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's just people smurfing. Matchmaking automatically takes demos that you can download and view afterward in case you want to check those players out.

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 26, 2014

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Just takin' a nap.

Note the amount of bullets left in the mag :smuggo:

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 3, 2014

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Galil and Famas are good force buy guns (Full armor and a weaker rifle). They're also good when you win the pistol round as the new meta for the opposing team is to get armor and p250s. It's easier to kill armored opponents with the galil/famas than the SMGs.

In general, on a full buy round the ak/m4 are bought more often as they are much stronger than the cheaper rifles. The ak is a one hit headshot even with a helmet, unless you're really long range like deep in pit to A plat in dust2.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
DMG to Eagle seems to take forever. But it only takes two or three consecutive wins to get Eagle Master.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Yes yes standard deviations and other stats stuff.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Coleman posted:

...this post literally makes me want to hit things. Just because all the strategies for dust2 are well known and popular does not mean it's not a strategic map. The map is just as strategic as every other map (if not moreso, there's a reason it's so popular you know?), it's just that it's played so much that all the strategies for it are well known.

Yet no one knows how to play it :negative:

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
What the gently caress is going on here?! You guys are actually arguing the viability of poo poo tier weapons with what is quite obviously a noob...

Edit: I'm awaiting Daeno's video on the current thread situation.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Grips best knife NA.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
So this just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVixYS30CE

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Beach Bum posted:

Mini whiffed you hard. Good shooting though!

Nah man you seen the way I bobbed n weaved it.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Necc0 posted:

I'm telling myself that the 360 was intentional

Of course it was. That's how I bobbed n weaved it.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Video or it didn't happen.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Speaking of which here's an ace I just got in goonman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPdj9zLxgM

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
The video is not tampered with. 450 dpi, 2.8 sens in game, 6/11 windows, MarkC mousefix. DEATHADDER.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
I'd rather have it enable Nancy Sinatra.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Are you sure it's the 3.5G? Mine only lets me do 450, 900, 1800, 3600. I installed the old drivers (not the Synapse 2 or whatever), changed the DPI, then uninstalled it.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

One of these needs to be made for dust2

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

AugmentedVision posted:

Word, any idea what the numbers on that slider mean as far as multiplier?

Set the driver sensitivity all the way up and turn your DPI down.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

For those that have somehow forgotten.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Coleman posted:

I have a "favorites" playlist I use that is pretty varied. From CCR (which is playing right now, go figure)

Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes...

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

s0m3 guy posted:

Hey guys I play with a wireless mouse on 400dpi!

Your insinuation of 400dpi being inferior makes me more angry than the wireless.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
An AWP ace I got in a goonman earlier today. More proof of my wallhacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4im8atBa_U

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Nitr0 posted:

i've basically only solo queued since launch and stay at LEM so just play better.

This is very true and the only thing that needs to be said about this topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
He means pubs.

• Locked thread