Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This week's episode of Pimp My Bank

Before:

Not completely terrible, but my Tab 1 has gotten pretty out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GU9JBtWE0
A quick demonstration of Revolution. I want it in game... now!

Holy poo poo, it even prioritizes low cooldown abilities. (Or does it just prioritize them in whatever order you have them set on the bar? Either one works and is good design by Jagex)

That's loving awesome, and superior to Momentum in literally every way.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

subhelios posted:

But then I won't be able to do things I actually want to at the same time though. :ohdear:

Yeah you can, you just use Revolution! It looks like it's straight up Momentum except better, even without using the Thresholds and Abilities.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Here is bank #5, our cleanse being Magres!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj7vvzu5fU

Magres, like Billy, had a lot of stuff that's valuable and also went to great lengths to do drop tricks so I left a lot of stuff intact... again a sucker for farming/herb tabs, though everything else, I wouldn't have minded wiping out. :)

:swoon:

<3

What are drop tricks? Is that where I get multiple copies of an item and leave one in the bank as a placeholder? Cause if that's what that is, gently caress yeah for drop tricks.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey guys vote on the thread, we need to reclaim our throne of being the only Gold thread on the front page of MMO HMO :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Son, you've got a condition.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Throw that stuff on your main account! Don't feel obligated to kick into the goon bank, it's more a way to give newbies some supplemental income than anything, and afaik the fund is doing fine - we don't actually need to bribe people to do Citadel work, because it's fantastic XP in and of itself, and then throws gobs of bonus XP at you to boot. Any time we run out of money, cit pay ends and we still have no problems getting things done every week because the XP is so good.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Kind of interesting to me that they would even be so aggressive in combating the bots anyway. People who bot are still paying membership fees. Was there any real reason beyond "cheating is bad" for going after botting?

I remember them saying that bots are mostly paid for with stolen credit card numbers. You buy gold from a shady website, they jack your info, they use it to pay for more bots on your tab, etc etc. It winds up costing them money because they both have to refund the the money for those accounts and they have to pay people to deal with refunding that and blah blah blah.

Even if they're down to 70k subs, that's what, something like five million bucks a month? 60 mil a year in revenue (just from Runescape) is nothing to sneeze at :shrug:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Soulhunter posted:

As someone who spends a lot of time on both the RS3 and 2007 servers, the major complaints tend to revolve around the new interface and (unpolled, generally unwanted) combat overhaul. Prepare for :words:.

Major issues with the new interface:
Unintuitive, lots of options hidden under sub-sections or unrelated tabs. Tabs within tabs within tabs. Cosmetic store tabs hidden in weird places (pets are next to your stats tab, split completely from the other Solomon's store tabs), lots of unlabeled buttons that you have to experiment with to figure out. The notes tab is hidden behind several other menus, the list goes on. Many options are put in obscure places, basically.

Combat issues:
RuneScape has never been a game that requires a lot of player input for combat, or anything else in the game. It's largely a grindfest where you click and wait for things to happen (ex: Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, Divination and so on). The new combat system introduced a combat bar similar to that of WoW, and requires lots of active input to deliver maximum DPS. Most players seemed okay with this, because Jagex promised a Momentum skill that would provide the more AFK combat style players were accustomed to. As it turns out, Momentum wastes tons of ammo and is completely useless for most combat situations. If you're aiming for efficiency, prepare to mash the 1-9 keys thousands of times over. Furthermore, there's little diversity in the skills you place on the hotbar for any given situation. Ranged and magic setups basically have one set of hotbar choices each.

The weapon/armour stats were totally overhauled with the changes to the combat system as well, creating strictly defined hybrid, "all", melee, ranged, and magic armour types. The "hybrid" type of armour effects your overall block rating differently from the "all" type, for no apparent reason. Otherwise, the system is fairly clear: Mage>Melee>Range>Mage. Additionally, armour/weapons were split into tiers, and combat stats were made fairly irrelevant outside of flat requirements for equipping items (i.e. your max hit would increase in an obvious way if you raised your strength level in the past, now its almost entirely tied to the weapon you use).

All of the weapon/armor stat overhauls ended up making lower-level armour and weapons useless to those who were at a higher level, where previously some lower-tiered weapons could be useful to a high-level player (Dragon dagger specials for pvp/enhanced excalibur for PvM, etc.). Now, its almost required to have weapons of T80+ to efficiently do anything, especially bossing, where one could get by with lower-tiered weapons pre-EoC.

Overall, I enjoy both the classic servers and the live game, but I think the EoC update was a huge mistake for Jagex. The overall players online has dropped sharply, falling almost immediately upon the release of the interface and combat overhaul from 120,000 players online at peak times down to ~70,000 at best (With that 70,000 including players on the 2007 servers in the total, of which there are typically 10-20k online). Many, many players on the RuneScape forums have expressed a desire for Jagex to scrap the EoC changes entirely in favor of the old system, but the damage has been done already through lost memberships.

Updates not involving the Squeal of Fortune or Solomon's store have really become lacking in quantity and quality (How many quests have we gotten in the past year?), and really failed to involve the players in shaping the game. Compare this to the last year of updates on the 2007 RuneScape servers, where a skeleton crew of developers has stabilized (and grown!) their user base by taking ideas for future content from the community and running monthly polls on what updates the players would like to see.

I truly believe that if Jagex advertised the 2007 servers on the front page of their site alongside the RS3 servers, and implemented F2P servers for the older game, you would see an equal amount of users on each game. It's incredible to me that a seven year old version of RuneScape accounts for 30-40% of online users at any given time as it is, while charging the same monthly fee for membership, and speaks to the quality of the development team and community.

tl;dr: Confusing interfaces, button-mashy combat that doesn't fit the generally AFK nature of the game, and a lack of quests and content not consisting of "Buy More Spins!" or "Click this for an hour to gain 50k bonus xp in a skill of your choice" events.

Essentially, this is why the new button-mashing combat doesn't really fit RuneScape. Combat bars are for games you actively play. RuneScape is the window you have open while you watch Netflix/study.

So I have some beefs with this. Your complaint of Momentum using too much ammo is, frankly, a bunch of crap. Momentum uses the same amount of ammo as pre-EOC combat did, and EOC lowered ammo costs dramatically (particularly for Magic, which has gone from having Surge spells cost 1.5k+ a cast to anywhere from free to ~150 a cast, without any corresponding cut in XP rates). I have happily used Momentum for ages because I'm lazy and would rather watch Netflix than mash buttons.

EOC and the corresponding flailing button inputs for maximum efficiency are the combat version of poo poo like power chopping trees on Ape Atoll or training Thieving on those desert dudes you can rob twice if you're really fast. It's high APM stuff that comes with a corresponding reward. I don't partake because I enjoy not having carpal tunnel, but the fact that there is an option, that you can choose to skip on, that lets you get more poo poo done faster at a cost of increased effort does not harm you in any way. They're adding Revolution in the next combat update, which will use basics for you (it mashes them in order of your bar from left to right, always prioritizing skills to the left that are off cooldown - so if you put your 3s cd filler spam on 1, it will hammer that every other move because that's how long it takes to cool) and gets you all the benefits of buttonspam without any of the wrist pain - you just need to pop thresholds and ultimates if you want, but those don't really do much to impact your ammo use, and you can just hit them whenever you have to click to hit a new enemy.

Also, I think you're rose tinted goggling the old updates - this game's updates have always been 90% poo poo. Regarding the drop in subs, a huge chunk of that is the current lack of bots. I don't have a source (and if anyone has one off hand I would appreciate it greatly) but word around the Goon water cooler is that the massive bot bans killed off closed to 40% of the accounts in the game, which would be most of that drop from 120k to 70k.

The UI changes I will give you, because the game's UI is definitely buggy and unintuitive in how it's organized. I like that I can customize poo poo now, but their option tabs are completely abysmal, and they need to compress all of the ability tabs into one goddamned tab, I have too many ability window hotkeys and it drives me nuts. Also, let me open my loving windows during combat. Or at least toggle the ability to, the fact that aggressive mobs knock me out of whatever I'm doing because OH NO THIS LEVEL 140 PISSANT IS NIBBLING AT MY ANKLE drives me crazy. Yes game, I can see that he's poking me. I can also see that my auto-retaliate Momentum fighting is demolishing him in four seconds flat.

The big thing in all this that I have a problem with are your EOC complaints. Old updates vs new is all opinion, but how the gently caress do you hate EOC? Ammo costs were loving out of control pre-EOC, and Momentum is similar damage to pre-EOC combat. Those changes alone completely justify the existence of Momentum - Magic went from by far the most heinous combat style to train to actually being the cheapest, without making the other two more expensive (they actually both also became cheaper to train). Who cares if some sperglord can demolish his ability to enjoy his fine motor skills in exchange for faster XP, just throw on Momentum, watch Netflix, and enjoy good hand health.

Also, I happily use level 75 gear on a character with maxed melee and magic stats (and 98 ranged). I still hit like an absolute truck and shred most enemies in two or three swings :shrug: I guess I'll just hit like a freight train if I upgrade gear.

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 27, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Soulhunter posted:

I don't hate EoC, I still play both versions of the game. I definitely prefer the old combat system to the new one though just because of its AFK-ability.

Revolution looks great right now on the combat beta, and I hope it brings some players back to the game. Even if we make the huge assumption the ALL of the dropped memberships were bots, a good portion of botters maintained main accounts as well, still contributing to the community in some fashion.

Oh, okay. You sounded kinda like a pubbie for a second :haw: My bad!

I don't think ALL of the dropped subs were bots, but I assume at least a fair chunk of them are - in most bottable places I saw, I remember seeing more bots than players. I'm trying to find hard numbers somewhere and I can't though :( A lot of it depends on the timing - if the whole drop is in huge chunks over a month or two, I think that'd be mostly bots, but if it's a slow, more organic bleedoff, then I'm definitely wrong.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

nescience posted:

"You last logged in 282 days ago"

Oh dear god here we go again

There is no escape :getin:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

LemonyTang posted:

Stolen Hearts for example is hands down the best quest they ever made.

Stolen Hearts involves a segment that is basically what Agility and Thieving should have been.

(both of which they can still salvage by having the next quest in Morytania open up Meiyerditch as a giant parkour and thieving minigame with goodfantastic XP for both of those awful skills)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I want to echo the recommendation from the last thread for Relaxed Dungeoneering, since I've been hearing a bunch of rumblings of various Goons being unhappy that we frequently can't get floors together.

You have to jump through some very minor hoops to join (you have to post once on the forums, their app form takes like 30 words or less to fill out, then run floors with someone ranked, of whom there are many, then just run floors with people and ask them to tell the ranks you're a decent person - the hoops are 90% running floors, which you want to do anyway), they're pretty decent as far as pubbies go (I have yet to see any of them mention lotion, or in general be creeps at all), and it makes getting floors together very easy. I can usually pop my head in, ask for a floor, and be rolling in under ten minutes with a full group.

The biggest annoyance I have had with them is that they get miffed if you swear in the FC. Other than that, they do floors quickly but don't freak the gently caress out if you can't do an 8 minute large (~20 has been my experience thus far, which is fine by me) and honestly, they make dungeoneering fun. They divvy things up into roles, so you will always have a person who voluntarily (no one gets pressganged into skilling as far as I have ever seen) dedicates themselves to making your floor awesome - I have yet to have a floor where we didn't wind up with combat+skillboost potions and/or high level summoning pouches waiting for us in base, as well as lots of food. Also, there will be someone who keeps track of the floor and helps give the group direction, so you can just zone out and punch mans. It's great.

Edit: Would any of our pro farmers mind doing a writeup of "grab this stuff then click these buttons for a good farm rotation?" I'd appreciate it immensely, I need to get my farming up and I hate it because I can never remember where the patches are or how to get there effectively.

Magres fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 28, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Some dumb idiot posted:

Which sounds like a complete utter clusterfuck that seems a completely pointless waste of time now they're returning Special attacks to weapons and introducing Revolution/Momentum+

But anything to bring us back to the old days of high skill PvP.

:airquote:

Hahahhahahahah

Holy poo poo I love the called shot

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You want to throw out the spirit gems? You MONSTER.

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 1, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also apparently they're from before spirit gems were real items or something and aren't even actually usable :shrug:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Themata, I just learned, from your farming guide, that you can note items with the tool leprechaun.

RIP :smithicide:

Edit: I hope you don't mind if I suggest tweaks to your farming run: You can use the Ardougne Cape to portal to the Monastery right next to the Bush Patch there. It'll let you add another Bush patch to your rotation for like thirty seconds of work :buddy:

Ardougne Cloak even has a warp to the main Ardougne patch, but only once per day until you've done the elite tasks iirc. The bush patch warp is infinite though!

Thanks again for writing up that guide, you have resparked my interest in farming

Magres fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 2, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy gently caress why does my game only ever crash when I'm doing Warbands? God drat.

E: In other news, I have had a complete 180 in my opinion of warbands. Do them. Just log in like two hours before a wave, join the reddit warband fc, then go do other poo poo until it's warbands time. Then show up, wear royal dhide chest/legs, helm of neitiznot, and bring a dwarven hand cannon and like 200 ammo and you're risking like 100k of gear to make literal millions of gold worth of XP. In two days I've gotten four Herblore tents that totaled to ~320k XP, which is anywhere from like four to six million gold of XP. Start to finish, one warbands trip is like half an hour - doing warbands is effectively making me anywhere from eight to twelve million gold an hour. Even if I don't get Herblore, there's also Construction and Farming (I have 90 Smithing already, don't care about Smithing anymore) which means I am literally guaranteed to get a tent I want.

Magres fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 2, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Magres posted:

Holy gently caress why does my game only ever crash when I'm doing Warbands? God drat.

E: In other news, I have had a complete 180 in my opinion of warbands. Do them. Just log in like two hours before a wave, join the reddit warband fc, then go do other poo poo until it's warbands time. Then show up, wear royal dhide chest/legs, helm of neitiznot, and bring a dwarven hand cannon and like 200 ammo and you're risking like 100k of gear to make literal millions of gold worth of XP. In two days I've gotten four Herblore tents that totaled to ~320k XP, which is anywhere from like four to six million gold of XP. Start to finish, one warbands trip is like half an hour - doing warbands is effectively making me anywhere from eight to twelve million gold an hour. Even if I don't get Herblore, there's also Construction and Farming (I have 90 Smithing already, don't care about Smithing anymore) which means I am literally guaranteed to get a tent I want.

Someone in clan chat (Billy I think) told me they tried warbands because of this post and got their warbands crashed really badly. Keep doing warbands - the ruse channel actually changed capes and some tactics specifically in response to having gotten crashed last night, so I don't think it happens a lot.

In other news, jesus gently caress this game gets crashy during Warbands. I literally never crash outside of Warbands and crash constantly during them, at least once a night, during them.

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 3, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Watch out, he might PM you in a huff because you made jokes about him :v:

Re: Charm Imp - single best item in the game, and it makes me hurt so much that I can't just have a general customizable autoloot. Picking poo poo up off the ground is the worst loot system.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Does anyone know if the upcoming 2x XP weekend will actually double prayer gain? I.e. will it double the gilded altar XP or double the base bone XP and slap the normal gilded altar bonus on top of that, giving you 4.5x of the listed value instead of the 7x it goddamn should?

E: Goon intel is that it won't get doubled, according to a jmod.

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 4, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wait, so if you have bonus XP on a skill you get 4x instead?

loving sweet, I have 150k Bonus Prayer XP I've been sitting on, and 500k XP to go for 95 prayer, so I can do this with like 600 d bones instead of the 1800 I planned on originally (I also got close to 300k prayer XP from lamps from finishing the Ardougne and Karamja Elite task sets)

E: Actually I need to run maths, but I think it comes out either way. I think other Goons can benefit from this so I'm going to math here.

Gilded Altar is 3.5x XP, with bonus experience that's 7x XP. However, of that 7x, 2.5x is from the gilded altar (because it gives a +250% bonus, or a 3.5x multiplied), so what will get doubled is going to be the remaining 4.5x, giving us a +450% multiplier on our poo poo so...

Okay, if you have BXP this weekend, you'll get 11.5x as much as the listed value of the bone for just burying it (for D Bones this is 828 XP per bone), so you'll get an effective ~3.3x (it's 3.285714 with the fully decimal repeating infinitely, if you want to be precise) prayer experience multiplier, as opposed to the 4x you'd get from Bonus XP plus double XP weekend. Either way I'm pretty happy! My call is if you have bonus XP in prayer, burn it! But if you don't, don't bother and wait until the post-weekend price crash to buy the d bones you need.

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 4, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I wasn't doubling the XP from the gilded altar. I was doubling everything except the XP from the gilded altar. Unless bonus XP that procs off the gilded altar doesn't trigger the double XP (which would be literally the dumbest thing ever) then my math is fine.

So with BXP, when you gilded altar a bone, you get 7x the value of burying because 2*3.5=7

If you take that 7 and double it, then subtract 2.5 (because the gilded altar is +2.5 and we're not doubling that) then you get 11.5, which is the number I arrived at.

Or are they going full :jagex: and not doubling bonus xp that is proccing off of the altar XP?

E: Ooooh I was applying multipliers in the wrong order. It's (Base + 100% (for double XP weekend) + 250% (for Gilded Altar)) * 2 for BXP = 9x the listed value, which drops to 4.5x once BXP runs out. Man, leave it to Jagex to loving nickle and dime us on nice events. I'm going to do my 600 D Bones anyway because I have them and it'll put me at 200k away from 95 Prayer, but seriously gently caress them for gimping Gilded Altars during this poo poo. They're not a form of bonus XP or whatever, they're a loving baseline requirement for making Prayer anything less than COMPLETELY insufferable. Whatevs, I'll just do slayer until I get the 5 effigies I need to make up that 200k XP, or get 92 FM this weekend, finish the Varrock Elite Tasks, and be down to 50k to 95 prayer :shrug:

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 4, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Naw that's just the T8 citadel - the infitadel.

Has anyone ever had any content with this warbands group: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/c=Srq8o42RixU/sl=0/forums.ws?45,46,80,65279821,goto,1

They seem very serious business, but if they can manage to be serious business without being utter sperglords (who am I kidding of course they're sperglords, the real question is are they such unbearable sperglords that I can't deal with them for half an hour a day for loot) then I'd be interested in running their shenanigans and getting ranked. Just curious if anyone has tried - if not, I will be the Jane Puball and go live among the chimpubzees for a time and make a trip report of my adventures into the pubbie jungle. Who knows, maybe they're not completely terrible.

E: Super barebones Farming run checklist - bushes, allotments, herbs, and mushrooms only - this is meant to go alongside Themata's and be something to use when you're not doing your daily extended run that includes trees and shops

Requirements for this that I can think of:
Lumb/Draynor Medium tasks, Ardougne Hard (Elite is bettter) tasks, Falador Hard tasks, whatever quests give you the Ectophial and Magic Secateurs, and My Arm's Big Adventure done (gives you a no-disease herb patch)
Enough stats to cast Trollheim Teleport
Morytania Medium (Hard?) tasks will keep your mushrooms from ever dying
Ability to cast Trollheim Teleport
Ability to use Fairy Rings without dramen/lunar staff (grab one of them from your bank in step 1 if you're a scrub and need the thing)

1) Go to bank, grab 24 allotment seeds, 5 herb seeds, 4 bush seeds, one morcella mushroom seed, ardougne cloak 3+, explorer's ring 3+, Falador Shield 3+, Magic Secateurs, Ectophial, two Law Runes, and two Fire Runes
2) Warp to Trollheim, we're doing that herb patch first to free up the inv slots from the runes. Skip to step 4 if you haven't done the quest (I don't blame you it's a dumb quest line)
3) Go West, Pay Troll Toll, Enter Boy's Hole aka Troll Stronghold. Go South, then West through the door, then North to the ladder. Climb up, enjoy disease free herb patch. Supercompost recommended still, it increases herb output and is easy as gently caress to make (use pineapples, they're dirt cheap). Plant your most expensive herb seeds here (Lantadyme)
4) Lodestone to Canifis, run Southwest to Mushroom patch. Harvest mushrooms, replant. Step into fairy ring.
5) Warp to CIP, it's your kingdom.
6) Run East, chop a bit of wood to keep your approval topped out, run East some more to the Bush Patch on the eastern island. Harvest, clear, replant.
7) Lodestone to Port Sarim, run West to Rimmington bush patch. Harvest, clear, replant.
8) Lodestone to Varrock, run West and South a little to the bush patch. Harvest, clear, replant.
9) Pop the Kandarin Monastery teleport on your Ardougne Cape. If you don't have the cape, just skip this step because the bush patch sucks to get to without it and isn't worth the time and effort. Go to step 11
10) Step outside to your bush patch. Harvest, clear, replant.
11) Cabbageport! BRASSICA PRIME PROTECTS AND GUIDES THE IMPERIUM OF CABBAGEKIND! CABBAGE MARINES! FARM THE ALLOTMENT PATCH! FOR THE EMPEROR! (I love WH40K fluff even if I don't play it)
12) Lodestone to Ardougne or pop your cape teleport to get there faster if you're not a scrub. Do your thing. Patch is northeast of Lodestone if you don't already know
13) Ectophial, go west to patch. Do what you do. Swear profusely because your Lantadymes are dead because Morytania is a shithole :mad:
14) Lodestone to Catherby, go South to the bank, grab 15 pineapples. Drop noted stuff off to make room for fruit+buckets.
15) Go to patch, empty compost bin and refill it with pineapples, shut bin to start compost. Harvest and replant patches.
16, optional) Go to bank, drop your poo poo off, grab a fruit tree, go east, harvest clear replant.

In general, if at any point you realize you're low on supercompost, just lodestone to Lunar Isle, drop off all your noted crap to make room, and grab pineapples before your next allotment patch, Morytania excepting because, again, Morytania is a shithole and doesn't have a bin. The other three have compost buckets. I always make supercompost at Catherby because it's the most convenient, and one batch is enough to cover one run.

Regarding flower patches - do the Falador Hard tasks, plant White Lillies in your flower patches, and never look back. Snape Grass is the only flower worth any decent XP and is expensive as hell because of it, you're better off with White Lillies protecting your allotments. Also it makes supercompost numbers line up neatly if you've done My Arm's Big Adventure - one run, one bin.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 4, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

They're pro at warbands but holy loving hell they're taking the :spergin: and turning it into an autism awareness day. Like endless rules, stupid rear end randomized item requirements and all sorts of cloaks and daggers to avoid a handful of pkers.

Every non-casual warband clan will make you miserable.

Yeah, figures. I'm vaguely hoping they're less serious on the inside but not expecting much. I've seen groups that look super spergy from outside then chill the gently caress out once you get in.

In other news, holy poo poo Ruse just got chain-crashed. SO MUCH FUN. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

I threw away like six sets of gear brawling and I don't even care, each set costs me like 50k and I've made at least like 5 mill in the past few days in money saved by getting fuckloads of Herb XP.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 4, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man, I can't wait for 87 farm. Though what I really want are Fly Traps, cause gently caress thieving twice (and yet, I want/need 91 thieving for the Desert tasks, even though I know I will never finish that Dominion Tower task)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3259#comic

:negative:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Woo, love when this piece of poo poo game breaks during warbands, locks up, and wipes out all of my warbands herblore loot for the day. Jagex is such a worthless company.

It was going to get me 83 herblore so I can boost to make super antifires, too. God damnit.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In a similar vein to the compressed farming rotation I wrote based off of Themata's lovely guide, here's a compressed list of her Super SaiyaJOAT video!

Gear - Melee weapon, magic weapon, ranged weapon, melee XP set to split. Crap on your belt, a windup toy mouse. Obviously, your JOAT aura.

Start at Burthorpe Bank

ORDER OF STUFFS:

1) Cut two logs - wc (1/20)
2) Run south, slash a cow to death, loot beef, hide, bones - str, att, def, con (5/20)
3) Magic a cow to death - magic (6/20)
4) Ranged a cow to death - ranged (7/20)
5) Bury bones - prayer (8/20)
6) Burn logs, cook beef - fm, cooking (10/20)
7) Fletch log into bow - Fletch (11/20)
8) Step north of cows, tan hide into soft leather, make something - crafting (12/20)
9) Run west to cave entrance, mine copper+tin - mining (13/20)
10) Step outside, smelt bronze bar at furnace - smithing (14/20)
11) Run south to Flax field, pick flax - farming (15/20)
12) Run east to pond, catch a crayfish - fishing (16/20)
13) Run northeast to herblore shop, take the poo poo for an attack potion and make it - herblore (17/20)
14) Run south to veggie stalls, steal - thieving (18/20)
15) Run south to obelisk, take spirit wolf ingredients from shop, make pouch - summoning (19/20)
16) Pop your toy mouse out and grab him - agility (20/20!)
17) Head north to Xuan to claim your reward (he's just east of the agility course)

Can easily run 1-6 for regular JOAT as well in about 30 seconds flat, or 1-11 for Master JOAT.

In other news, I'm 250 LP short of being able to buy both Master and Supreme JOAT. Godamnit!

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 12, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dwarf posted:

Skip agility coursing by winding up and catching a toy mouse.

Changed

Pina Coladas posted:

You can cut out some stuff like making the full potion and buying needle and thread.

Just take a grimy herb from your bank or the herblore dude and clean it.

And tan your hide into soft leather and make a helmet. You don't need needle and thread for that.

Something else I do is setup a bird snare and then do my farming and fishing, then come back to it.

Changed leather step. I do the full potion because Herblore sucks and any scrap of herblore XP I can get for free is nice.

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 12, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Omg new kiln :swoon:

I forgot it got updated so high tier kilns don't suck anymore. This is p great

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608781&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post425688720

It's pretty dull, mostly just a few morons try to and fail at being funny.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy hell Grenwalls are great Hunter XP, and the Oog'log pool makes them so much easier/better to hunt.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah it's easy to bang out like 50k XP a day doing Giant Chin for half an hour (15 minutes x 2), then like 150k-200k in an hour or so scooping up 200 Grenwalls. You'll blow close to a million on Raw Pawya Meat if you catch them half the time (which is about what I get) and pull in a few million worth of Grenwall Spikes.

Seriously Big Chin plus Grenwalls owns and makes you piles of money and fast Hunter XP. I loving hate Hunter as much as the next person and I don't mind it, cause there's basically no competition and you can do a full load of meat in like ten minutes and get 20k XP. Banking regularly breaks up the monotony of Hunter a lot, too.

Even if you can't burn all your tickets, you can just save them up for a slow day and mow through them when you have time.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 15, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So Heist is terrible? Good to know

Who am I kidding, I can grief pubbies at it. Officially the best activity.

Also that druidess person is the biggest sperglord. Literally "I can't talk like a normal human being so I use a verbose manner of speaking and pretend it makes me look smart."

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So Heist can be hijacked? Now the only question is which book to type out while people are waiting.

Take a page from Joementum's book and make it Atlas Shrugged :unsmigghh:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nm

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man gently caress the sliding puzzle in Monkey Madness. I figured Hol Ander was just having trouble with it because those things don't mentally click for a lot of people and that I'd lend a hand.

Nope, it gave me three unsolvable ones in a row. What makes me confident they were unsolvable? 19, 20, and 24 weren't in the right order to be solved. Literally mathematically impossible to solve.

:jagex:

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 19, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I mean, I did Monkey Madness yeeeeaaaars ago, but I recall "Do Top 3 rows one at a time, bottom left corner, then bottom right" to do the trick.

I actually don't mean 'OMG THIS PUZZLE IS TOO HARD IT'S IMPOSSIBLE,' I mean 'a mathematically unsolvable puzzle.'

Given a standard 5x5 slider puzzle where

code:
|01|02|03|04|05|
|06|07|08|09|10|
|11|12|13|14|15|
|16|17|18|19|20|
|21|22|23|24|..|
is the correct configuration given that |..| is the empty square, then

code:
|01|02|03|04|05|
|06|07|08|09|10|
|11|12|13|14|15|
|16|17|18|19|24|
|21|22|23|20|..|
is not possible to solve. The 20 and the 24 are switched and there is no way to fix them. I'm actually a pretty big sperglord for slider puzzles and am very good at them, and know some of the mathematics behind solving them.

Some dumb idiot posted:

Or if you feel really :effort: you can pay Glough 200k to solve the puzzle for you in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

Babygoons, do this. Slider puzzles are frustrating and tedious for people who don't get them, and it's going to be a million times worse when you have a 50/50 chance of getting an unsolvable puzzle and don't know sliders well enough to be able to just chew through the puzzle quickly and see if it's actually solvable. If you're broke, ask in clan chat - of the high level Goons I'm one of the more poor ones because I'm a scrub and hate grinding cash, and 200k is still essentially nothing to me. We can pay for you to be able to skip some of the shittiness that is Monkey Madness.

Magres fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This one. We have some people who play OSRS, henceforth called Osiris because OSiRiS and because Osiris is the god of the dead and people who play OSRS are clearly craving their own demise and simply idling away the days with Osiris until the sweet embrace of death comes for them.

• Locked thread