Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Progress so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Noctis Horrendae posted:

What the gently caress are RuneCoins? Those weren't a thing six years ago.

What they renamed the purchasable currency for their old non-Runescape games site, and is what you use to buy things in the stupid cosmetic bullshit store.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I think it's up for free accounts or something. It's never come up for me playing as a member.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Poonerman posted:

There's more people with 200m XP in agility than people who have 100-199m in it. Think about it.

Once you get past 100m xp in it you're already certifiably insane and aren't going to stop.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I hate receiving "lucky" weapons.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
If you don't agree that pure 200m coins and huge xp items are way more useful than the "lucky" items, we can't be friends. :colbert:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I thought they didn't care because they got more money from allowing it to happen :(

Are you not aware that most botters were on free accounts or what.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I know, but I thought they didn't care/were bad at stopping it.

Yeah they figured out how to be good at stopping it. :shrug:

And they really didn't have an incentive to disable the anti-bot stuff only on the members servers or something, because that would be way too complicated.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

allta posted:

BTS video up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsnP8Z3JUDM

Can any British goons explain what the heck "British bulldog" is?

British bulldog is pretty much the same as a bald eagle for us americans

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I just want to know whether i can still bind high alch to a key in dungeoneering, thats literally all i use keybinds for.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I hate reworked quests when they end up being listed as new ones and I have to redo the thing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Themata posted:

I linked it earlier in the thread but here it is again:

Granted he didn't actually put this in game... or maybe he did and we just don't know it yet.

Jagex has actual lawyers to watch out for crap like that, since it'd get them sued to hell and back by Hasbro.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Just because you have the Transformers license, doesn't mean they get to use every Hasbro property ever.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Old RS has now become weird and new and confusing. :colbert:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Themata posted:

Make up your mind Jagex, geez.

The whole point of the Combat Beta is to try dumb bullshit like this with real players but without loving up the main game.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
07scape is great if you fuckin' love not being able to get around fast.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Old School Runescape more like wacky alternate universe Runescape at this point.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
OSRS will probably never have a GE and thus forever be inferior

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fruit Chewy posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tips. As far as levelling poo poo up, my plan was to quest my attack to 40 and then use a rune scimitar in defensive mode to level def/hp while grinding slayer. Once I got my defense and HP to satisfactory levels, I was going to curse spam my magic up to an appropriate level.

Is that a reasonably efficient way to level combat stats or am I doing something stupid here?

There are no efficent ways to do anything in 07scape.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fruit Chewy posted:

This makes me sad and you're a big butt if you dismiss osrs without trying it for a bit at least.

I did for several months, and the new updates just make it more and more stupid.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Average Bear posted:

OSRS's skeleton crew manages to pull off amazing quality updates at a pace that RealJagex can't even compare to. How long has 2014scape been promising TT revamps

It's easy when you can let everything look like utter and complete poo poo squeezed into a tiny rear end window, and get all your ideas from improvements previously made.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
07scape is quickly becoming Bad Future 08scape, lol.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I still find it hillarious that they actually put an autotyper in the game so they could do it "Socially"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Poonerman posted:

Here's a list of Goonscape members willing to go to Runefest:

<end list>

me

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Don't forget that a lot of the major codebase changes they did around the time of EoC included breaking all the stuff the RSBuddy guy knew was easy for bots to use.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I tend to get fixated on a skill:

If we had these years ago i'd have a month where i got 12 mil xp in RC.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

strap on revenge posted:

How do you people do that poo poo. I've got like 35m exp total over 8 years

I've got 180 mil exp total over 13 years.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
how does ironman work with quests that require player trades?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ibblebibble posted:

Pizza you might wanna add this to Faces of Runescape:

I saw a dude with a ZAMORAK license plate several days ago, wasn't able to get my phone out in time before he was out of the intersection though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Magres posted:

Is there any way to keep local chat from popping up in yellow text over people's heads? You used to be able to, and I really don't feel like seeing pubs loving spamming white supremacist poo poo.

Report them, every time.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

neogeo0823 posted:

Hmm. Is there anything slightly more passive that's a decent money/effort ratio?

Player owned ports will get you enough every week or so to cover a bond for two weeks of membership, but only if you've already got a few level 90+ in the right skills and only after a few months of voyages.

you don't have to do anything besides click a few menus a few times a day to start and then by the later stages only once a day

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Dumped 250k of bonus xp i had stuck in 99s i never want to train again and got 50k direct herblore xp back. not a bad deal at all.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dr. Mix posted:

That would be great if all of their banked stuff either drops at their grave or straight into Falador's party house.

This. We need this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Saved up 500,000 or so bonus xp for hrblore, so i triple-xped almost all of the way to 90 herblore (and did the rest with the mere double xp).

• Locked thread