Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
This thread is absolutely magical. :allears: It's one of the few LPs that literally made me laugh out loud.

I used to always end up babysitting a bunch of kids on family reunions and similar "bunch of parents show up with their kids" occasions, and, more often than not, their parents would ask me to find them a computer game to play*. My experience about the "boy game"/"girl game" divide? Complete and utter bullshit. I've seen a 7 year old boy furiously demand that he should be the one to play some Totally Spies flash game after a girl's mother insisted that I find a 'girl game' for her daughter to play. When I set up a game of Dark Crusade for a pair of 12-year old boys who liked RTS games, a little girl whom I intended to give whatever toys I could find showed up to watch, and started jumping up and down and protesting whenever they'd try to pick a faction that wasn't the Necrons. Which would be these guys:

Another girl really loved playing a bridge builder game. She even managed to solve several levels, even though I was absolutely certain that she was too young to figure it out. (Another kid was playing it, and she wanted to try.)

Also, a funny thing I noticed while watching kids play Spore: A few of the kids liked the regular gameplay, but all of them loved the creature, vehicle, and building creators. They'd spend sooo much time making weird creatures, giving them funny outfits, making them bizarre houses, coloring them like a Henri Matisse painting in a disco, and laughing all along. And those segments of the game, particularly the creature creator, are basically a doll game in disguise.

Hell, now that I think about it, when I played Fable, San Andreas, and The Sims, I spent waaay too much time thinking about how the characters should look in any given situation and trying out outfits and haircuts and tattoos and poo poo until I found something that fit.

Slightly less related, the older the kids are, the more likely they are to play with toys they're 'expected' to be playing with. The youngest kids usually played with whatever I could find, as long as they didn't think I (or whoever's place we were at) had some secret toy stash I wasn't letting them play with. (Or if they really, really wanted to eat a chair. I wish I were joking. :sigh:)

*More tricky than it sounds since 7 kids are going to have 15 different ideas about which game should be played, and they all want to be the one playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Those teeth are going to haunt me in my sleep.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Devious Vacuum posted:

Well, I already have platinum, so if I attach the file here, then what happens?

EDIT: OHO I SEE

DOUBLE EDIT: If I need a mod's permission I apologize for making A Thing about this, carry on.

Just adding the image link worked fine a year ago when I got the Troll Slaiyers tag. Although I'm not sure if you can use an attachment, I think it has to be in someone's profile at first. Either that, or Ozma asking the QCS regulars about the usefulness of gangtangs resulted in a rather poorly timed change.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

haplesscardsharp posted:

Newgrounds is by far the worst place for dress up games. I had to stop looking after I discovered dress up hentai game(s). :barf: Why I didn't think they existed, I'll never know. The internet is not for children, and they should never be allowed to explore it. :smith:

Edit: It's not one game, it's a whole loving section.

On the bright side, the worst of the poo poo on Newgrounds results in the funniest episodes of Retsufrash. (Warning: Not a girl game. Not a dressup game either. Safe for work only due to censorship.)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Looks like Jamie's mouth got TheD.

edit: I am so sorry.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

nu_vagus posted:

Someone on Twitter suggested making a remix of that song, but how could you possibly make it sound any better?

You really can't, but I tried my best.

Did you use DV's voice in the remix at about 0:24?

edit: I'm dumb. :downs: Yes. That's what I get for skipping to the beat right away.

my dad fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 20, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

azren posted:

Probably a stupid question, but what's "PUA" stand for?

Pickup artist.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh my God, that rock-chewing :stonk:

Shame this LP has to end, but it's been an amazing ride, DVac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Goldmine.

Also, that last video is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. Congrats.

But also: Goldmine.

• Locked thread