Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I am so glad I decided to catch up with this season of Survivor. The last one I watched all the way through was Philippines, in part because I hated Redemption Island so much. Happy to see another season without it, just some good old fashioned Survivor.
People say they love to watch Survivor seasons with brilliant masterminds, and a bunch of clever plans executed well. gently caress THAT. ChaosKass is everything. ChaosKass is Survivor. Quite often a bunch of idiots creating a clusterfuck leads to a better season. This isn't Nicaragua, where the stupid is also toxic, abrasive, and boring, to the point that a stoner surfer dude with insane luck won and nobody said he didn't deserve it (BECAUSE gently caress CHASE).
We've got some great personalities here, and the fact that of them, only LJ and Tasha seem totally competent is immaterial. I have no idea why they continually cast boring nonentities like Jefra on the show, though. Although, maybe they saw that her last name was Bland, and decided it would be an AMAZING meta-joke. A pretty, boring blonde named Bland. how could that be unintentional.
gently caress it, ranking the cast members in terms of apparent gameplay ability/ability to deliver should they make it to FTC/current position
1. LJ. To be honest a lot of it's just that he's lucked into a good position, but finding the immunity idol was pretty pro, as was cementing his bro-dom with Tony. Also in general he's low drama, giving him a huge advantage over most of the others.
2. Tasha. Likely to be gone within three tribal councils, BUT, and this is a big but, she's evidently got a pretty good social game, and in retrospect her moving to get Garrett out wasn't as dumb as it seemed. Her attempt at conflict resolution between Sarah and CHAOSKASS didn't work, but it would have worked with a sane person. Probably the one that really made the judgment call to keep Jeremiah and boot Alexis.
3. Trisha. She won't win (I mean, so many of her type have made the merge and gone on to an illustrious career as a jury member), but she made a smart play knowing she could get Tony to flip on Cliff, scared Lindsey into quitting :black101: (okay, I know that's not what happened, but I like this version better), and most importantly triggered CHAOSKASS.
4. Tony. He isn't a good player...but, he isn't a bad one either. He's all over the map. I doubt he wins, but he will make an EXCELLENT bitter jury member, especially if LJ betrays him. He has potential to swing either way, but given that he has actual cunning, something most of the people lower on the list lack, I would bet he doesn't go down until final 6. He could go further, but he would need to get LJ before LJ gets him, and LJ has a charisma advantage, and a more stable temperament.
5. Spencer. I can't tell if Spencer's a good player, or just lucky. He's definitely been stuck with a bad hand, and played it better than some in a similar position, but he's no Malcolm. Tasha could build bridges, but I can't say the same of Spencer. The next episode is probably what decides if he sinks or rises (I doubt he's out, any sensible person could see Tasha's the threat).
6. Jeremiah. I might be underrating him, and I expect people will tell me I am, but although he seems reasonable and stable, he lacks cunning and is on the wrong side of the numbers. I guess he could repair his bridges with LJ and Jefra, but it does not seem likely. Mostly unlucky. If he reveals hidden depths, though, he could rise farther, but the edit really reeks of jury member to me.
7. Woo. Best potential to be an immunity beast. Surfer bros do have an advantage, and he's not even dumb, so he's definitely to be thought of as a potential challenge beast.
8. Morgan. I want her on the show as long as possible for obvious reasons, but her social game is crap. I don't dislike her (and it's got nothing to do with...those things), but it's clear several of the others hate her.
9. Jefra. :geno: An excellent nonentity to drag to FTC. I hope LJ realizes his best play is dragging Jefra and CHAOSKASS to the end. However, if the game gets turned around, she'll be out really quickly.
10. CHAOSKASS. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha. I want her to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Morgan: I think Alexis was the only person who really didn't like her, and that got dealt with in short order because she was much more savvy. Good on her.

Tony: he really turned my opinion around this past episode. I think he's just enthusiastic about the game, and would/will be a decent jury member. I kind of actually wouldn't mind seeing him win at this point.

Spencer: he's no Malcom, no. He's going to an actual university and getting an actual degree. Malcom is bro-ing it up in one of LA's beach cities. He's in a dangerous spot at the moment, but I haven't seen him make any mistakes yet. Honestly, it's kudos to his game that he aligned with the second boot and is still around.

That's a good point, that Morgan being ostracized seems to have been down to Alexis. There's no indication LJ and Jefra particularly dislike her, IIRC. Also Morgan could have held a grudge against Jeremiah for not flipping when she asked him, but the fact that he was even considering flipping makes him more valuable than the person utterly dedicated to ousting her and incapable of hiding that fact.
I think you missed the point when I said Spencer's no Malcolm. If you think going to a university and getting a degree has ANY relationship with Survivor skills, you're massively delusional. For example, ChaosKass is a college graduate successful lawyer, and WELP. Spencer lacks the physical and social presence of Malcolm, and doesn't seem to have made any effort to build relationships on the other side. Malcolm would have won Philippines if he'd gotten to FTC. Really, Spencer is more of a weak Stephen without a JT.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Question for people who have seen most/all seasons of Survivor:

If you were to put together a cast composed of returning players who have never returned before (ie, this would be their second game of Survivor), and winners were off limits, who would you cast?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

One of Probst's issues is that he clearly prefers male winners to female winners, hence why, IIRC, he considers Tocantins one of the best seasons (not that it isn't, of course). It seemed like he was sort of unhappy when Denise won Philippines; probably wanted Scoopin to win, lol (although Denise was definitely the most deserving of the final three that season, and had a fantastic FTC).
Also sometimes he steers tribal councils because he doesn't like a certain player and/or thinks the tribe would be stronger without them. Which is silly, because it's way more entertaining when a tribe ousts its best people first. Sometimes I think Probst forgets it's entertainment and takes it really seriously as a game. :lol:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I have an instinct to root for Spencer and Tasha, but Tony and Woo are awesome, too, so I'm torn. If LJ managed to get to the end dragging two goats (Jefra, probably Kass) he'd be deserving, but a boring winner. Jeremiah's alright, but boring, and he seems like a jury voter or a Mick (though of course edgic is not always super-reliable).
Current arbitrary power rankings
1. LJ. Stable, intelligent, in the alliance with the numbers, and hasn't actively been targeted to the same extent as Tony. Smart players would team up to get rid of him at this stage or soon after, but at this point he seems secure.
2. Tony. Nowhere near as stable as LJ, but possibly smarter, and would trounce him at FTC. In dominant alliance, but willing to make moves.
3. Spencer. Seems to be in the poo poo, but he's a smart guy and he has an HII.
4. Trish. I don't think she's winning, but she's in the dominant alliance and nobody's targeting her or talking her up as a threat.
5. Woo. Potential challenge beast, in dominant alliance, but probably right above Kass on the pecking order (which is not an alliance of equals, Jefra's inspiring speech notwithstanding).
6. Tasha. probably hosed, but she might still win immunity. Seems level-headed and likable, but that could work against her.
7. Jeremiah. screwed unless he magically shows challenge beast abilities or survives until the alliance of 6 eats itself alive while sort of forgetting about him/counting on him as a swing vote. They should have voted him out instead of Morgan.
8. Jefra. Sure, securely in dominant alliance, and not as dumb as many mactors Survivor has had, but not winning, and if there's any sort of shakeup, she'd be vulnerable to a blindside. Actually, though, the reason I place her at the bottom is that nobody's going to vote for her at FTC. :smugdog:
9. Kass. The perfect goat, but so much of a WILDCARD as to make it likely she'll get booted for a similar motive as the Morgan boot; the WE DON'T LIKE YOU, gently caress STRATEGY, GTFO motive.

all of the top 6 could win, I guess.
It'd be the best season of Survivor ever if Kass won, though. We all know this.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Bjay9 posted:

I honestly have a feeling that the next couple votes are gonna go something like Jefra for trying to retaliate towards Tony, Woo for being Tony's direct competition and then Trish for being fed up with Tony's poo poo. At this point, Spence, Tasha and Jeremiah are Tony's least concerns because he's treating his own(former??) alliance as the threat. It basically gives them the inside track for the final 3 but I just know that Kass is gonna wiggle in there some where because who couldn't resist taking her to the end.

I don't know why they wouldn't take out Trish first. But the alliances are going to be really weird and tenuous. If people could forgive and look at things sensibly, Tony's old alliance could come back together, because they can still be the final 5, and now they don't have to worry about LJ being at FTC with them. But I've seen before that with an alliance like that, a zombie mentality creeps in, and it becomes all about the SACRED ALLIANCE, even though that won't mean poo poo by the time it's just them or maybe a tribal council before that if the last social pariah wins immunity. And so when someone breaks that alliance, instead of recognizing their play, they get all lovely. A likely reaction from both Trish and Jefra, and given Kass's remarkably low self-awareness, she might be upset too.
At this point final 3 could easily be Spencer/Tasha/Jeremiah, as the other alliance eats itself alive for their amusement.
Reasonable plan: Trish first, Woo second, Jefra third, Tony fourth, Kass fifth. Because they need Tony's vote to oust Trish, although Woo's a wildcard here. Maybe he sticks with Tony, continuing to believe his lies, or maybe there's a deadlock at 8.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

So, I've heard rumors there's going to be a Final 2 rather than a Final 3 this season.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Tony is Survivor magic. If anyone from this season appears on the next Survivor: All Stars (which hopefully is not far away), Tony has to be their no. 1 pick from this season. Comedy option: have Sarah return as well in the same season. :allears:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

HvV Chat: JT just gave Russell his immunity idol. I can't believe what I'm seeing :stare:

My god, I really need to watch HvV, as soon as possible. Are there any seasons I should see to set it up first (I've seen most of Pearl Islands, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, most of All Stars, Micronesia, most of China, Gabon, the first 6 episodes of Palau, Tocantins, and Samoa)?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I am fearing and anticipating in equal measure the inevitable return of Abi Maria.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Ah, Nicaragua. Why did you have to be so bad? Oh. Yeah, I remember. The loving medallion of power. Splitting the tribes into old and young. Dismal weather conditions. Unpleasant, unlikable people. The other finalists being so loathsome that the stoner surfer idiot who got there by just never being seen as a big threat until he went on an immunity run felt like a very deserving winner.
Also, why hasn't Marty returned yet? He was the only really interesting character out of the whole cast.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

poo poo, I'm sorry I spoiled it. :smith:
anyway, tonight I went back and finished watching Pearl Islands. Great season, and although Fairplay was amazing, I'm glad he wasn't even in the final 2. Mostly because he's a misogynist dickweed. The grandmother lie was amazing, but the way he constantly harped on how dumb the women were in his confessionals made him look like a tremendous penis.
Sandra is great, and sometimes it's great when the big move maker isn't the winner. Plus, it totally fit the pirate theme, the amount of betrayals going back and forth, and shifting alliances, until all the combatants fell down except for 2 who had been largely ignored and underestimated.
Gonna watch an early season next time I get some free time (Saturday?). Marquesas, The Amazon, Guatemala, Panama, or Fiji?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

But they all suck at this game!

Hence why the ultimate winner's amazing. Of all of them, the MOST apparent dimwit wins. also, you gotta see precisely how it happens, it's great, especially how the jury votes go down.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

God, that's a stupid idol. Congratulations on putting a win button in, people. Although, on the other hand, Tony could get to the end while pissing a bunch of people off, and then lose to whoever's sitting next to him. Tony should obviously take Kass and Jefra to the end, but will he realize that?
I think Tasha's probably going next, unfortunately, but Spencer's prominence suggests he'll go at least a little further.
Congratulations on your win, Tony. :smith:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I wish they'd structure immunity idol hunts so that a clue would lead to ANOTHER clue, and the idol would be impossible to find without having, say, Clue #3, through being so devilishly hidden. Obtaining the HII clue would mean more then. Also it would be an AWESOME TREASURE HUNT, rather than a bunch of random digging around landmarks.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Tony is more personable. His strategy is more erratic, but unless the editors are really lying to us, he handled the post-LJ situation REALLY WELL, soothing everyone except Jefra. I wish that idol hadn't existed, but Tony deserves a huge amount of credit for getting to this point, and I think, idol or no, he'd be in until at least final 5. Next boots will probably be one of the brains and then Woo or Jefra.
Spy-shack is awesome, and the principle is very sound (overhearing other people's conversations to get an advantage). Hell, if anyone remembers Pearl Islands, one of Sandra's biggest moves was taking Tijuana out to eavesdrop on Fairplay and Burton, which turned her against them. Granted, that lead to Tijuana going home, but considering Sandra and Chrysta (spelling?) were on the chopping block, it bought them three more days. It's funny because Tony calls it the "spy shack" but it's a legitimate, intelligent strategy as long as he doesn't get caught.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I quit watching Redemption Island two or three episodes from the end because it was a foregone conclusion. That sort of situation is what I'm worried about for this season, if it just becomes too obvious that Tony's winning.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I'd love to play that, but I'm not social enough, and I don't have PMs, so I'd probably be out really early.
I've been thinking about Kass's move, and I think several things are clear now.
1. She was on the bottom of her original alliance as well, or at least on par with Morgan. It was clear Spencer and Tasha quite liked and bonded with Sarah and Jeremiah, and Kass's emotional remove probably didn't help.
2. She may have formed a closer alliance with Trish than with either of her brain tribemates. From the episodes subsequent to her switch, she seems to just be hanging out with Trish a lot. 3. At the time of the flip, she seemed like she'd be at the bottom of the alliance, but Tony wanted LJ out, Jefra's probably the first of the dominant alliance to go (no suballiances, Tony probably sees her as an unworthy coattail-rider), Tony views Woo as a threat. So, I kind of suspect a Tony/Trish/Woo/Kass final four, and that's at least one position higher than she might have been otherwise, plus if Woo doesn't win immunity there, he's out, and then she's Top 3.
Obviously, her move jeopardized the jury voting for her, but she's on an excellent track to be in the Final 3/2.

I'm trying to imagine a Tony/Trish/Kass FTC, and it's amazing.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I am relieved Jefra went largely because I was a little scared she'd luck into FTC, and then win on the back of a really bitter jury.
I know, unlikely scenario. BUT HER CONTINUED PRESENCE MADE IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE.
Good job, Tony.
Also, I really hope all five people team up to vote Tony out, and then Tony's single vote decides who goes home. Realistically, I'm willing to bet Tony's SuperIdol doesn't even come into play. Next week will be Spencer because of TASHA CHALLENGE BEAST. :allears:
At this point I'd like to see Tony make at least one more aggressive, jury-alienating play, then win anyway because he's up against Kass.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Woo is awesome, but no way he wins. Unless somehow they're going back to Final 2 and he's up against Kass. Would be terrible game-wise, but incredible television. Woo is not articulate enough to argue any of what people are saying he could argue. Can't even imagine him at final tribal council. Whereas, I can already sort of picture in my head the FTC performances of the other five.
Predicted boot order: one of the brains goes next, then the other one wins immunity the next week, and they have to vote out somebody in the core alliance. Tony picks Trish or Woo, the other four pick Tony, Tony gets what he wants.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Woo already referenced Cliffhanger, so clearly they need an armwrestling immunity challenge so he can namedrop Over the Top. :allears:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I love Sandra's mercenary attitude, and I can't wait until I have time to watch Heroes vs. Villains and observe her glorious victory over the Gigantic Red Hot Ball of Smug.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I love how on Survivor the contestants can have all these rational strategies and clever plans and sensible alliances, and then BOOM, some crazy person knocks through everything like a rampaging elephant. Kass is that elephant, and it's wonderful. She's a far better illogical agent of chaos than previous people that played that role, because the depths of her self-awareness plunge below Tocantins Coach lows. Even more fascinating, she does it in an entirely different way. She believes she's more intelligent and dispassionate than everyone else.
Plus the constant ironic statements and ridiculous hypocrisies. "It's too early to flip." "Nobody will vote for Tony." etc.
Magical loving television right here. I really hope she returns for an All-Star season.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

oh my god. This episode was literally the reason I watch Survivor. Tony is magical, Woo is magical, Spencer is magical, Kass is magical, best Final Four. :allears:
Also the funniest tribal council. Can't fathom why Tony would vote Trish, that's some 11th-Dimensional Chess going on there.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Richard Hatch on RHAP observed that her whole "cold, detached, logical" persona is entirely an act and she's been playing an intensely personal, bitter game ruled by her emotions making petty impulsive decisions.

This is why other people hate Kass, but why she's one of my favorite Survivor players ever. Mostly for comedy reasons. Every single hypocritical or unselfaware statement she makes is Comedy Gold.
I almost want her to win, because the circumstances that would be necessary for that to happen would have to be really, really funny. Tony would have to selfdestruct completely, and then Spencer would have to go ballistic. And even then I don't know how she beats Woo. So Kass's best scenario is Woo out first, because she can get under the skin of Tony and Spencer, but Woo is too chill. I mean, her tactic's not going to work, but it's a strategy. And that strategy is BURN CARTHAGE DOWN, SALT THE EARTH.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Capsaicin posted:

So, let's compile a list of things that you apparently HAVE to know how to do before going on Survivor.

As of right now, all I have is "Make a Fire", "Swim", and "Do Sliding Puzzles".

"Untying Knots Underwater"
"Throwing Balls"
"Balancing"
"Building Spy Shacks"

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Poque posted:

4.5 votes to each. they literally cut trish in half and everybody gets some of her bones

In happier news, let's get ready for a final tribal council by watching old awesome jury questions/answers/apology-demands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hbJAirWUc

I'm mad that they cut out Lisa's response to Penner because his statement was rude and unnecessary and she really put him in his place for it.

Man, I can understand why people thought Penner was being mean, but the way he went gently caress ALL Y'ALL to all three finalists was hilarious. And he still made the right choice. Skupin and Lisa both badly deserved to lose for letting Denise get to the finals with them. They had a golden opportunity to drag the goatiest of goats along, and they didn't take it because BLUH BLUH BLUH SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE HERE.

Speaking of, Abi Maria is a mandatory inclusion if Heroes v. Villains 2 happens. Of course, it needs to be all people who weren't in Heroes v. Villains 1. I would say no third or fourth time players, but I think that might be limiting. Here's a list of people I'd like to see back, from the seasons I've seen.

Matty (Gabon)- Hero
Erinn (Tocantins) - Hero
Marty (Nicaragua) - Hero
Taj (Tocantins) - Hero
Eliza (Vanuatu, FvF1) - Hero
RC (Philippines) - Hero?
Abi-Maria (Phillipines) - Villain
Malcolm (Phillipines) - Hero
Tony (Cagayan) - Villain
Kass (Cagayan) - Villain
Tasha (Cagayan) - Hero
DAVE BALL (Samoa) - Hero
Genre Bear (China) - Villain

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Matty: okay.

Erinn: Villain. Betrayed her tribe (even if they didn't like her. Wah.)

Marty: Villain. Just...that kinda guy.

Taj: I don't get all the love, honestly. She strikes me as a poor man's Cirie.

Eliza: Villain. Nobody likes her on the island, like, ever.

RC: NO GOD NO :stonk:

Abi-Maria: okay.

Malcolm: didn't impress me with his second go. I'd also be wary of him ushering in the next generation of Survivor royalty.

Tony: okay, good.

Kass: No. NO. She'd be a great first boot, but I wouldn't want to risk that not happening.

Tasha: yep.

DAVE BALL: YES.

Genre Bear: ehhhhhhhhhhh okay.

I'd add:

Heroes
---
Michelle(Fiji)
Peih-Gee(China)
Alexis(Micronesia)
Kenny(Gabon)
Grant(RI)
Sabrina(One World)
Carter(Philippines)

Villains
---
Alex(Fiji)
Natalie(Micronesia)
JEFF KENT(Philippines)
Reynold(Caramoan)

Carter?! Carter would be on the nonentity tribe, with Kelly Purple and CGI Brett.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I go back and forth. I think he's more clever than he lets on.

How about Frosti?

Ninja: Brett would make an excellent hero, actually. He played an amazing game and got edited out because Ressel.

Frosti would be great. drat, China was a good season full of great characters.
But Carter voted for Skupin. and he spelled his name as "skoopin". Carter wasn't pulling a Fabio, he was really just that dense.
Anyway, my thoughts about another Hv.V were kind of inspired by reading the Funny 115 v2. Essential reading for everyone that loves Survivor. Apparently I really need to watch Exile Island, this Shane guy sounds AMAZING. Why hasn't he been back?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Not if you believe the theory that Phillip was playing for second place all along. :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Spencer would get clowned in a season with better players, hence why he's a terrible choice to return for an all-stars season, but considering he's final four against overwhelming odds, the anti-Spencer hyperbole is strange.
He's definitely been staggeringly lucky to have his main opponent be the Master Spy Shack Builder.

quote:

How do you get so much right and so much wrong in one post?

Your comments on Marty, Taj, Eliza, Malcolm and specifically DAVE loving BALL were spot on. And then you nix RC, OK Abi Maria and cast Jeff Kent and Reynolds as villains? Really?

That being said, I hate the whole thing about focusing on recent seasons during a HvV or a BvW. And I'm a grandmaster at chess.

what's your reason for not wanting Abi-Maria back? That you hate her so much? Because that's EXACTLY why she must return. Can you think of a better choice for female villain?
And I would like to clarify I haven't seen many of the older seasons, so my casting was entirely based on the seasons I've seen.
Minus Redemption Island, where I can't think of anyone that would be a good returnee other than Andrea, who has already returned.

quote:

Is the general consensus of the thread that, had Kass not flipped, she Spencer and Tasha would have just cruised into the F3 with an obvious minority power alliance with no opposition?
Might be the general consensus, but would be wrong. Even if Kass had decided not to ice Sarah, she would've known she was on the bottom, and flipped at the next opportunity. In that hypothetical, she wouldn't have wrecked her relationship with Tasha, so after Tony's gone (and that would probably have been what happened at the next tribal council after Jefra got taken out), Kass convinces Tasha that Spencer's too dangerous to go much farther, so they team up with Trish, Woo, and LJ to get rid of him. Next week, LJ goes, then Jeremiah, then Trish, Woo, and Kass and Tasha go final 2, barring one of the others winning immunity (but Tasha probably would've crushed any immunity challenge).
Under that logic, ChaosKass was bad for Tasha, but ultimately good for Spencer. I mean, Spencer barely convinced Kass and Tasha to keep him over the Rice Burner, so it's not inconceivable they'd make a move against him as soon as convenient.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's not the flip that's bad, it's all the little things since. It's weird that Tony's being compared to Russell when Kass is in some ways playing a more Russell-like game. A game that will get her to the end while EVERYONE HATES HER, with a strategy involving causing chaos, and getting people mad at her.
People should be pointing to what Kass did this last episode as a legendarily bad move, not her big flip.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Alternately, Kass could never have won no matter what because she's got the empathy of a fruit bat.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

guys, RobHasaWebsite's doing a fan favorite of the season poll. Do the right thing. Vote Kass.
:getin:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I kind of hope Tony wins, only because he's the only winner fans would be remotely satisfied with. Anyone else wins, the Survivor fan community's going to be SO loving BITTER. as they tend to be anyway, lol.
Hah, you know what, I've got an idea for Survivor. Probably one that will never happen, but still a good idea. a Fans Only season. I'm sure the producers would be worried BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR EYE CANDY, but that's demonstrably bullshit, as LJ, Jefra, and Alexis, IIRC, stated they were fans.

I'm kind of tempted to do a whole jury scenario effortpost on Monday or Tuesday. Might be fun trying to guess what direction the voters would lean in. Although clearly the most interesting scenario, Tony v. Spencer, is the most unlikely.
People, especially on Survivorsucks, have been weirdly high on Woo, but I don't really see why. He's been more prominent, in my opinion, only because he's in the final four. His edit would have been more positive were he the winner.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

DaisyDanger posted:

I, for one, am voting J'Tia.

I'm a few episodes into HvV and it is already very entertaining. I have to admit, I think some of the people (mostly a few villains) were placed on the wrong tribes. I never considered Coach a villain, just a weirdo. I don't really think Sandra and Danielle (I actually forgot what season she was on and kind of shocked when I realized she came in second on her season) were villains either. Shane and Rocky would've been better than those two, but in a way, I'm not sure I could handle Shane or Rocky all over again.

I haven't seen Danielle's season, but I'd venture to guess Sandra's placement was due to her play style, the anybody but me mercenary tactic. Seems like the Heroes were supposed to be people who played with honor, and Sandra, although not an evil mastermind, went at the game from an amoral standpoint.

I hope that holds if they do another Hv.V. Although it might mean the Heroes get clowned again.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Probst AMA http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/25yojp/jeff_probst_here_host_of_survivor_ama/
key points:
*never expected anyone to find the Tyler Perry ido
*probably not going to any new locations any time soon
*doesn't like current Survivors tweeting, but it's a CBS decision
*called Richard Hatch the most overrated strategist

For all the poo poo people give Probst, he's pretty cool. :3:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

J'Tia ruins the whole of the tribe's rice supply and she doesn't get voted out, what the hell? :psyduck:

Voting Garrett out was not a terrible move, really. Like, it would have been emotionally satisfying to ice J'Tia right then, but Kass and Tasha saw a strong alliance between Spencer and Garrett, needed to break it, and knew of the two that Garrett was the one least likely to help them in challenges, or maintain loyalty. Garrett and J'Tia were pretty much equally horrible, but Kass and Tasha made the calculation that, should they make the merge, J'Tia would be a more reliable vote. They still wouldn't have made that move if Garrett hadn't been so loving stupid the whole day after the immunity challenge. And also if he'd bothered to try allying with either Tasha or Kass, which he seems not to have done at all.
Both Garrett and J'Tia richly deserve to be on a "worst survivor players ever" list.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Welp. I didn't count on Woo being so stupid. Amazing. I think Tony definitely deserves credit for his pitch to Woo to keep him. Although, it was a really, really awkward tribal council, and almost everyone save Morgan was PISSED. I am honestly surprised after the invective launched against Tony by Sarah, Jeremiah, and Trish, that they voted for him anyway. But Woo's pitch was pretty lousy.
Anyway, great season, decent winner (best would have been Tasha, but that wasn't gonna happen, siiiiigh).
Looking forward to the next season. I'm going to at least watch the first Blood vs. Water first, though. gently caress, I'm considering watching all the seasons considered "good" that I haven't seen, or haven't seen in a very long time.
So, Borneo, Australia, Marquesas, The Amazon, maybe Guatemala, Panama, Heroes vs. Villains, Caramoan, Blood vs. Water.
I've heard mixed things about Africa, One World, and South Pacific. Are they worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Mercaptopropyl posted:

This would immediately go down as my favorite alliance in survivor history.

hahaha, yes. I think I hateliked Abi-Maria and Kass for pretty much the same reasons. Both successfully terrible players, abrasive, wildly unselfaware, convinced of their skill at playing the game, smug about making a "big move".
Having them together on a tribe in an All-star season would be like poetry. Even if one of them were to be the first boot, they'd bring the drama. Realistically, of the two, Abi'd be out first. Kass has one important skill: she's straight up great at puzzles. So in the early phase, the tribe might be persuaded to look past grudges to oust the least useful members.

• Locked thread