Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Holy poo poo you guys I'm watching Micronesia and the girls just got Erik to give up his immunity so they could boot him off. This is the most hilarious booting I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poque posted:

Best season.

I think I have 5 blindsides in a row :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HvV Chat: JT just gave Russell his immunity idol. I can't believe what I'm seeing :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

Isn't King Russel the best? :swoon:

No he took out my Boston Rob :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Honestly, I haven't found HvV that good. My three favourites all got voted out early (Sugar, Steph, Rob) and most of the season has been about Russell's alliance succeeding through other people being really loving stupid. I'm looking at you Tyson, JT and Candice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheChad posted:

Sugar + Steph are you favorite? :)

Sugar was totally awesome on Gabon with her special brand of play that you couldn't tell was strategic genius or total stupidity. As for Steph, she's a badass in challenges and I watched Guatemala while I was playing Awful Big Brother and I felt like our playstyles were very similar. I wouldn't necessarily put them in my top 3 ever but out of the HvV cast, yes I would.

e: Why is everyone on Nicaragua just digging their own graves at tribal council? :ughh: Naonka is fabulous though :allears:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 22, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BGrifter posted:

The problem isn't with Heroes vs Villains, it's that two thirds of your favourites suck at Survivor.

I'll give you Sugar but Steph got game :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
More Nicaragua thoughts: Brenda is the best :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Have you seen Caramoan yet?

Nope, I'm going in order

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Every season, or just the Highlights?

Every season :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Marty why did you give your idol to Sash? What the hell is wrong with you? I thought you were a good player :doh:

e: Wait, he didn't get voted out? What the hell? :stare:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 22, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

Steph's fake eyebrows always creeped me the gently caress out.

They're pretty much at right angles :gonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Naonka is the best trainwreck ever. I hope she gets another season at some point (don't tell me!)

It has just come to my attention that there's someone in this season called Purple Kelly who I haven't noticed at all. It's Brett from Samoa all over again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit, I thought Brenda won this season :(

And I love that even Purple Kelly's alliance have forgotten she exists.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BGrifter posted:

Nicaragua is pretty much the consensus worst

I wouldn't say it's worse than Thailand or Fiji. I don't even remember a single thing about Fiji.

And holy poo poo, Naonka refusing to give up a reward just after saying she's gonna quit is so awful.

e: Wait, Fiji was Earl's season right? Ok, Fiji was better.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 22, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheChad posted:

I think Candice is my most hated player.

I'm always gonna hate her just for the switch that screwed up Sandra's plan to vote out Russell. How did she even get into HvV anyway? I don't remember her doing anything of worth in Cook Islands

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spatula City posted:

The other finalists being so loathsome that the stoner surfer idiot who got there by just never being seen as a big threat until he went on an immunity run felt like a very deserving winner.

Wait, Fabio wins? :lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BGrifter posted:

Survivor Panama had Shane-freaking-Powers and some fun memorable moments I won't spoil.

I assume Shane has refused to come back, right? Cause I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't ever be invited to return. He was the best kind of crazy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh man, Probst is forcing the final 6 to actually play the game during Tribal Council. It's incredible how much all these people suck :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

It's incredible to watch

But they all suck at this game!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mancalamania posted:

I feel bad for the returnees that seem to consistently be considered to return and then cut at the last second. I know Natalie from Micronesia is in a similar situation-- I think she was actually flown out for Heroes vs. Villains as an alternate, and I remember her name being mentioned during Blood vs. Water casting.

Oh man I'd love to see Natalie back. Sure, she was kind of an awful person but she was the only newbie who was able to match the Favorites

e: How the hell are these people getting beaten on puzzles by Fabio? :psyduck:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 23, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd tell you why but it'll be better for you to see it yourself.

See this made me hope Fabio was going to pull of a Keyser Soze "I'm actually a Harvard graduate" and now I'm sad that's not what happened :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poque posted:

And Shannon's tribal starts on page 17. :allears:

I think that's really the only thing that made this season worthwhile :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH MY GOD RUSSELL'S BACK AGAIN :gonk:

gently caress everything.

(RI chat)

e: "I'm a former Special Agent! :supaburn:"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
RI Chat: I'm starting to get really annoyed how easily people are finding immunity idols.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Does anyone have links to all the old Survivor threads? I'd love to see all of them.

And Russell just got totally bitchslapped by his tribe, it was the best :byewhore:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

How do you feel about the whole redemption island thing?

It's kind of lame right now but if it starts getting used strategically (purposefully voting someone out so they can beat someone in a duel) then it could be interesting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So Philip on RI is legitimately nuts, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aw man, Matt getting booted the second he got back from Redemption Island is both really hilarious and also kinda sad. Poor guy :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just finished Redemption Island. I can see why it's lumped in with the bad seasons cause there's not much in the way of great strategy but as a huge Boston Rob fan it was a joy to see him completely school everyone for the whole season. Also there was crazy Philip and the hilarity of Matt being endlessly beaten with the poo poo stick at Redemption Island.

Felt really bad for Natalie at the FTC though. Yeah, she was super naive but that's no reason to have such a go at her :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Next you get to watch one of my favorite seasons. (although most people will disagree with me).

GODAMMIT ANOTHER loving HANTZ

:negative:

e: Oh god, and he's really loving creepy

Rarity fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 26, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is it me or is Coach actually kinda likeable this time round?

And you know, I thought Russell was bad but Brandon is so much worse. At least Russell owned the fact he was a dick.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

But at least you get Cochran that season. Someone should dig up that thread he made as a teen where he showed off all his disgusting nose surgery photos.

Oh poo poo is this the guy who's a goon? That makes so much sense.

Bigass Moth posted:

Rob was a great player but the fact it took him four tries to win takes a lot away from it

There are plenty of great players who have never won it at all, I think anyone getting the win deserves respect for it. Except Neleh. gently caress Neleh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm thinking Ozzy's alliance made a huge mistake for not voting out Cochran early. The one thing he's got to offer is that he's clearly gonna have a strong strategic game so it makes sense to take him out while keeping the tribe strong is the main deciding factor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Joose Caboose posted:

He comes and goes with being somewhat likeable. Also, I forget how far into the season - but I hope you like religion with a side of Survivor because if I remember right - that was one thing that became unbearable in the stretch you're currently in.

Yeah, I didn't really mind Matt going on about God so much cause he needed something to keep him sane and he never really made an effort to play the game but going straight from that to Brandon is a bit much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mancalamania posted:

:confused: Neleh lost that season, Vecepia won.

That's how awful the winner was, I don't even remember her!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BGrifter posted:

That's ok, nobody really remembers that season after Boston Rob got voted out. The purple rock was the only even remotely interesting moment after that.

I did really like Kathy's transformation from the annoying outcast to smartest player in the game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ozzy getting himself voted out to go to Redemption is exactly the kind of play I wanted to see. Can't wait to see how this plays out :munch:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BGrifter posted:

One of the dumbest moves in Survivor history is exactly the kind of play you wanted to see? It was unforgivably stupid.

I like it because it has such high risk and either it's a huge move or an incredible gently caress up so either way it will be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BGrifter posted:

Part of why it was so stupid was Ozzy took a huge risk for a laughably small payoff. Ozzy's gameplay is tone deaf on so many levels it's almost painful to watch.

Yeah, his attempt to sell his story was so bad and setting up your outcast to flip is so dumb. Cochran turning on them could be seen coming from a mile off.

• Locked thread