Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's because the gimmick will probably only last 2 episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Unmerciful posted:

In Probst's Q&A on EW.com he says they're not giving them more rice and given that it looks like it's about to start raining Samoa style they are pretty hosed. I think they only would intervene if people were keeling over. They probably only helped out after the Brandon Hantz thing because they knew it was their fault for putting him out there in the first place.

Well, considering how every other 3 tribe season of Survivor has gone down. It's almost guaranteed to only be a few days before they do a tribe swap.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

The real question is this: they're not beauties, they certainly don't have brawn, and they haven't shown any brains...so what are they, really?

Each tribe has about 3 people that would fit in that group and 3 people that look like they COULD fit in the group, but clearly don't actually have any of those attributes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like how they show the nut shots but Jeff isn't directly saying it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

What the gently caress is J'Tia doing?

Using her nuclear engineering skills to lose another challenge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LOL, what's the rooster for?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LOL, so a chicken can function without a brain?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SteveVizsla posted:

So I just turned on the tv and nobody knows where chickens come from. WTF?

Do they know chicks are baby chickens?

No, they don't understand how the eggs are made.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should just figure out how to keep J'Tia from doing anything in the challenges.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

In before Spencer gets voted out for doing everything.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kloaked00 posted:

Just wait. The girls will think that they have to send home the strongest player on their team

It's worked for them the last 2 tribals they have been too.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They did what they should have done the first time they went to tribal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

I completely forgot the idols. Who has them? LJ and Tony?

It feels kind of early for a merge. There's still 14 people, right? 6 Brawn + 5 Beauty + 3 Brain? So I'd guess two 7 person tribes with a random shakeup and then merge at 10.

They will probably do a shake up to 7vs7 but the full merge will probably be at 12. The last few seasons they have done a tribe swap with a full merge like 2 tribals later.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like how they start off with the brain tribe talking about how they are gonna redeem themselves then, "drop your buffs"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sleepingbuddha posted:

Episode 2? How did that happen?

This shuffle doesn't look random to me.

It never does actually.

Also I think you are confusing everyone by mixing up tribe swaps and the actual merge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How the gently caress is Cliff VS Alexis a fair fight?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You would think that challenge was made for the cop...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So why do they not throw a tarp over tribal council?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Propaganda Machine posted:

My real question is whether Tony's actually flipped, or if he just took advantage of an opportunity to get rid of Uncle Cliffy.

What's the difference in the eyes of his tribemates? There's no difference.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Trish set to be #3 goat!

Edit - oh poo poo, here's Jeff...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sleepingbuddha posted:

Lindsay is no better than Colton.

Lindsay is kind of worse really. She had a disagreement with one person on her tribe and she's like, gently caress it, "I quit"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alhara posted:

I'm disappointed Linsday left, because it puts Woo in a terrible place. But I'm left hoping Trish falls off a cliff into a pit of snakes.

I don't think she's Cliffs type though?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Unmerciful posted:

wait whaaaat

Surprise trans declaration!?

That's what I thought she said too, but it was so short I'm very confused.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TMMadman posted:

One thing that seems weird is why do a tribal raid when you are just going to do a merge immediately after it? The producers surely got lucky that it generated the drama that it did this episode, but it really doesn't seem like a great reward.

So when they merge, they can have all the nice stuff at one camp!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There's very little chance that Kass is going to get dragged along as the final 3. Trish is already the final 3 goat that won't get any votes, if Kass and Trish end up in the final 3, it's really going to destroy this otherwise good season!

Also, I hope that Jeff just reads the clue to the super idol outloud at the reward challenge or something so everyone know where it's at and chaos ensues.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mancalamania posted:

Cochran blindsiding Andrea and Brenda back-to-back, by far the two biggest threats to win the game at that point, is 10x the move than Spencer seems to have in him.

Granted, that was his biggest move and was at the end of his second season. Basically what I'm saying is Spencer only has about a season and a half left to shape up or ship out. :colbert:

Maybe we'll have to wait to see what Spencer does in his 2nd season as well then?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh poo poo, Morgan's getting confessionals and lots of attention already this episode. RIP Morgan :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I kind of want a pineapple margarita though, gonna have to buy the poo poo to make some at home :D.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

#ChaosWoo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Boxman posted:

Kass is real dumb.

I missed the note, it is a super idol like hypothesized? Remind me, who suggested it? I remember it was someone bizarre.

EDIT: Tyler Perry.

It's just the normal idol, the super idol is still out there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I doubt the Pagong is going to stop. The Strong 5 have been together since the beginning, I don't see any of them flipping until it's just them. The only person of the 5 that MIGHT flip would be Tony and maybe Woo. Otherwise they are riding it to 5.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Unmerciful posted:

Generally the consensus among former players seems to be that people who get invisible edits just aren't giving the producers much to work with in their confessionals. Granted, that could be a biased perspective but I think it makes sense - it's only to the show's' advantage to have as many well-rounded characters as possible.

It's a mixture of things that make it hard for the producers to make a followable story line from a player. It's also pretty likely that Jefra will get voted out without stirring up anything on her way out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

Final seems late this season. We have nine people left but we still have six episodes left, assuming Wikipedia is right about the finale being on May 21 and also assuming that we don't miss an episode in there somewhere. That'd leave us with four people going into the finale...final 2 this season?

Is there a possibility that the weird numbers has to do with the Tyler Perry idol? This is pure speculation but I think some people might want it spoilered so The fact that Jeff called it a "new idol" instead of the early over powered idol. Perhaps, nobody goes home if the Tyler Perry idol is played to save someone?

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 14, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IRQ posted:

Never underestimate a goat. She's super unreliable though, so maybe not a great goat.

I thought she was ok at the start of the season too, but then the crazy came out.

Trisha is a much more reliable goat though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wren610 posted:

Funny thing is if someone gets to the end with Tony and Kass its an instant million bucks prolly to hard to pull off though.

Not sure Tony has pissed off enough people to lose the end vote yet. He's going to get Sarah's vote and Morgan didn't exactly go out with a grudge against Tony.

He's playing a solid game that will probably get recognized in the end by the number of Survivor fans that will be on the jury!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The way this season has been going, they might get a solid 2 hour finale with 4 players left instead of the normal 5.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Spencer's regular idol is also good up until the final 5, whereas it's usually good up until the final 6.

It's always good to the final 5?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Aerox posted:

I understand that, but I don't understand how people can criticize One World while liking Redemption Island when the winner there does something very, very similar.

Because one of those had Colton and the other had Phillip.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CapnAndy posted:

The best scenario would be if -- knowing he has an idol -- everyone else successfully engineers a vote split against Tony, he plays the regular idol, and then haha oops, revotes also lock out the Stupid Idol from being played and he goes home with the Stupid Idol in his pocket.

gently caress that idol, basically.

This is one of the stupidest things I've read in a survivor thread. Why would they revote if he played the normal idol and how could he go home after playing an idol on himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

Every season needs Woo.

I fixed that for you. I hope Woo comes back a few times. He's really fun to watch on survivor.

• Locked thread