Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poque posted:

Uhhh I already love this cast.

Pony: Lindsey
Poison: Tony

Brawn tribe best tribe

I was going to post this exact pony/poison pair. Get out of my head!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Too bad, you all had me ready for LJ & Trish to become a thing. I'm not sure what season it was that had multiple love affairs though..

Micronesia?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

God, what a treat. The first episode of HvV gave me the biggest fangasm ever. The second biggest came after the merge when Amanda, Rupert, and Candice failed spectacularly.

And Parvati reading JT's letter :allears:

I always wondered where JT got a pen to write that letter.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

What up AHM bro? :hfive:

What up AHM bro/sis? :hfive:

But yeah, after years of watching Survivor, the forums version was pretty much a perfect chance to put my money where my mouth was. I hope a few people from this thread sign up!

on topic: I think people are being too hard on Kass. It's only not smart in a season where the alliances are airtight and locked in (like Cochran in South Pacific). There's nothing wrong with being unpredictable as long as you manage to not look like a target yourself.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I really like Kass this season, just like I really liked Ciera last season. I feel like I don't fit into the goon hivemind well :(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juanito posted:

Kass is way more petty than Ciera ever was.

Why do you really like Kass?

I feel like she's shown a decent awareness of the game?

When she flipped on Sarah, Sarah had spent the whole time advertising that she wasn't sure which side she was on, so the move was made from a self-preservation angle. Yes, it's bad if she puts herself on the bottom of an alliance that sticks together, but (a) it means that Team Tony trusts her, and (b) Team Spencer needs her. Sure, a lot of it is hoping that other people overplay too much and make mistakes, and a lot of it is trusting in one's ability to speak well in FTC - but that is a kind of strategy I appreciate ;)

In the early game, voting out Garrett more or less ensured that she would live two more votes (as J'Tia and Spencer are on the block) to live until a swap or merge. That was good play. Denise from Phillipines showed that having your original tribe decimated in a 3-tribe season isn't bad as long as you survive.

She knew that even though Spencer would be mad after the Sarah vote, that he would get over it once he realized he needs her vote. That's good play.

Tony said in last night's episode that the reason they targetted Jeremiah is that Kass read Spencer for having an idol. That's good play.

I dunno, it's all just my opinion. I honestly like Spencer and Tony a lot too. I just feel like the hate for Kass goes too far.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adjunct Cheesecake posted:

She also could have very easily told Sarah what Sarah wanted to hear (Sarah made it quite obvious what she wanted from the competing alliances) and still been in an alliance where she wasn't at the bottom and been in a much better situation than she is currently, where the person in charge of the alliance didn't let her in on what was going on for two separate TCs.

Yeah, being in that majority alliance sure worked out well for LJ and Jefra!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

I'd forgotten about that whole thing. Just the way he created this whole narrative for this girl that wasn't even aware of him, much less of his feelings towards her was disturbing to watch. On a :airquote: deserted island of all places. Hell, that was a script it wrote itself.

Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qF7anaUhk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm usually good at stuff like this but can't think of any: have any lawyers ever made it to the end, and how did they do? I think that Kass can win if she has a good FTC.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mackay posted:

I would be so happy for this to happen. I love the character. I love that she has been shown to be funny, intelligent and insightful, but also short-sighted, vindictive, and impulsive. It's such a difference from the usual 1-dimensional edits many players receive, and it makes her one of the most interesting people I've seen on Survivor in a long time. Plus her interviews are hilarious.

You said it better than I could have! Kass is great and I hope they bring her back (along with Spencer and Tony) down the road.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

He'll never be back, because the crew and producers hated him. On the other hand, having him back would be the best thing. I think he's my favorite Survivor player of all time, with the possible exception of Gabe from Marquesas.

Those are two of my faves as well! :j::hf::v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

Ahahahahaha oh Francesca

They need to do Survivor: Redemption Island II and make Philip and Francesqua the leaders of their tribes.

No they don't.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CODChimera posted:

Seriously what was up with that though? She would've been better going with Tony and letting him betray Woo.

Maybe she's just given up caring completely about the Jury because she knows she won't beat anyone?

Tony at FTC if things go his way:
:smuggo: I was in control of the game the whole time! I decided who stayed and who went, give me the money.

Tony at FTC if Kass keeps trolling him:
:supaburn: WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO STUPID KASS YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING I DIDN'T BETRAY ANYONE *llama noises*

She's trying to knock him off his game for FTC. It's a good strategy. See also: Survivor Vanuatu ending.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm calling Spencer goes on an immunity run and takes Kass to the F2 where he steamrolls her.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

And rumour has Queen Rachel Reilly making her Survivor debut, though it's not clear if she'd be with Brendon or Elissa.

Ugggggh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

Lindsey's quit might be the most pathetic quit out of all the quits. I already thought she was being way more horrible than Trish.

counterpoint: BvW Colton

• Locked thread