Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

HUMAN FISH posted:

I know everyone hates Colton, but he had a pretty good interview over at Survivor Oz. Dropped some behind the scenes stuff about blood vs water.
Are there cliff notes anywhere? I just don't like listening to interviews, but I do enjoy interesting tidbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Fabio did a great FTC too. He brought on the tears and sealed things up.

Also one that I've always remembered as a great job of swaying votes/feelings during FTC was when JT acted so hurt that Stephen would have not taken him to the end (which was so obvious).

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Ugh. That's disappointing.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Man, what little hope I had for Jeff is gone. :smith:

He's probably doing what has to be done to make sure the show stays on the air though.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

IcePhoenix posted:

I really hope Spencer manages to stay in the game for a long time so he can keep being a snarky rear end in a top hat in his confesionals and his reactions to people.
Hard to see Brains winning any challenges. The only real possibility is for Beauty to fail in a big way, which is entirely possible.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Toaster Ding posted:

I just realized that given Probst past behavior, J'Tia is probably a lock for returning player
Ugh, you're just trying to ruin the moment.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Those physical challenges are usually the best because people get angry and worked up about stuff.

Cliff ruined it. :mad:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Also you'll probably want to skip this thread mostly (after you get some recommendations), just because about once a week there is a slapfight over the most/least deserving winners.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Shakugan posted:

Just make sure to avoid reading the OP, especially the section that recommends what seasons to watch. It's full of tons of spoilers as to what happens in the seasons it's recommending as well as future seasons you aren't even reading about. When I started watching Survivor (about 23 seasons had aired at that point) I made the mistake of reading that list and had so many cool moments spoiled. It really should be removed from the OP, I think (the idea of a season recommendation list is a good one, but a list that has comments that amount to "watch this season so you can see person x win" and "this person sucks this season but SPOILER; they return in a future season and DO REALLY WELL hint hint" shouldn't be used to encourage people to watch the show).
Dang, I hadn't realized how bad it is. The recommendations are really great, but there should probably be a lot more spoiler warnings/tags. There way too many spoilers in the OP portion where you're actually telling people what season they should watch (and then mentioning how good someone's FTC behavior was).

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
If Lindsay were such a poor lil sweetheart, she wouldn't have made fun of Trish's physical attributes ever during the game.

I don't care that she did, but if you're okay mocking and insulting someone, then you need to be able to take it as well. Lindsay deserved everything she got, and I'm glad she disgraced herself by quitting.

And I don't even like Trish at all.

I think it's fine to say you don't like someone's grating laugh, attitude, demeanor, purple underwear, etc. But start mocking their mouth, teeth, or any other physical attributes and you're not really a nice person at all. :byewhore:

And it didn't start after Cliff got voted out. Lindsay was mocking Trish since the beginning of the game.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Except that I think Kass is delusional and actually thinks she is making a great move, because wow, "nobody was expecting me to poo poo things up so bad for myself."

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I would have not been as composed, I think, as Spencer. I mean Kass absolutely thinks she is a power player and talks about her gut like she's some sort of Survivor mastermind.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Unmerciful posted:

Yeah this thread got really dumb really fast.

Aras said on RHAP yesterday that anytime someone says they are "going for a walk" it is code for going for an interview and "going for a walk to coconut grove" is taking a deuce. This was in relation to Spencer telling Woo that he was just going for a walk, which I thought was a really weak excuse at the time but now makes sense. Apparently this is relatively new terminology because Rob wasn't aware of it. Thought that was pretty interesting and will definitely be listening for people saying that in the future.
"going for a jog to coconut grove" means you have diarrhea

"going for a run to coco-" means you have dysentery.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I have a hard time ranking Leif that low. I don't recall liking him that much, but it seemed like he actually tried.

Same with Dreamz who I completely dislike. I don't recall him being a bad competitor. He screwed over the guys who were going to take control. But he's mostly unpopular, I think, because he screwed over the goons' favorite player. But he made the smart decision for his gameplay. If it had been Boston Rob doing it, I think people would have been more understanding.

Can't believe I'm "defending" Leif and Dreamz.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Oh yeah, this racist piece of poo poo is definitely one of the worst players.

What about Colton? Does he get points for helping the show ratings? He was an awful, selfish human being.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Half-Kassed.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Actually DumbKass is probably best.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Bjay9 posted:

I'm still firmly planted in the final 3 being the remaining 3 brains. I don't know how. But it's going to happen.
I would not be upset about this, but only because of Tasha.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

Hopefully that stupid Tyler Perry idol never gets found. It'd be a drat shame seeing this season ruined by an overpowered gimmick idol at the last minute.
I'm absolutely dreading it.

Unless Tasha finds it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Kalas posted:

No no, the big twist is that it's actually hidden in Ponderosa and a jury member gets to play it during a Tribal Council.
The ultimate bitter jury member's revenge.

(I fully expect to see this some time before Survivor finally gets canceled, where they're scraping the barrel when they can't come up with anything interesting for that season's twist)
Tonight's guest jury member is Tyler Perry!

On next week's episode, don't miss Adam Sandler's hilarious hosting of the immunity challenge!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I could see Tony falling apart in FTC if he got called out.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Murmur Twin posted:

I really like Kass this season, just like I really liked Ciera last season. I feel like I don't fit into the goon hivemind well :(
Kass is way more petty than Ciera ever was.

Why do you really like Kass?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I'm not sure if Kass is flirting with Russell or what here...

I don't really like Kass, but this was great.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Morgan looks great.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

violetdragon posted:

When did they show the rest of the votes? On the episode, I only remember them showing votes until Tony got 5 plus the one for Woo so that's 6 votes. Did I zone out and miss them showing the other two?
They would have shown the Woo votes for added suspense.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Favorites vs Least Favorites

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

Yeah Kass would be a total waste of a returning slot that should go to someone like Tasha. She's an early boot with zero upside that never gets into a position to stir the pot. Heck, I'd take Morgan, Trish or J'Tia over Kass returning.
She'd probably help the ratings, so there would be an upside for the producers.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Lone Goat posted:

Who is that other woman?

Abi-Maria

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Fast Luck posted:

Kass was self-aware enough in her boot interview with Rob to say that she knows people don't like her, and that she was going to mention that in her jury speech, like, say that's why she had to make some of the moves she made and stuff. I actually liked her game more after listening to that. Spencer correctly acknowledged that Kass was better at puzzles than he was. Tony's interview was the most fun.
This interview with Rob would have been after the Survivor finale aired or before? If it was after the show aired, I think it's easy to be self-aware once you saw the footage, and how people react.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'll never hate Boston Rob because of All-stars. Also he was fun on The Amazing Race. It was the 7th season, and yet he came up with unique strategies that previous contestants had never tried.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Aerox posted:

Having only seen a few episodes of Amazing Race here and there, what kinds of "strategies" can you even have on that show? Don't you just go from place to place doing challenges and try to be fast?
That's one of the things that made his strategies even more creative. There isn't much that can usually be done.

But people will attempt to take other teams' taxis (although there might be a rule about it now), trick drivers into leaving, convince strangers to help them and not another team, or try to get people (drivers/travel agents/etc) to not share information with another team.

One of the things Boston Rob & Amber was take a penalty at a difficult challenge. So they weren't able to complete it, so they have an automatic penalty of several hours, pretty steep. So instead of rushing off to get to the mat as quick as possible, they stayed at the challenge, and worked hard to convince another team to take the penalty (their penalty time would be starting after Rob & Amber's). It worked.

And then there was the time where a few teams were combining funds to pay a driver for some reason. So Boston Rob combined the funds, and paid the driver, with the money from the other teams and none of his own.

He was a lot of fun to watch.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

He faked having an earlier flight to the two weakest teams left to psych them out. This got them to hustle and find a real earlier flight to put Rob and Amber at the back of the pack :allears:
This is always hilarious when it happens.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

kitten posted:

Nope. What else is there to talk about in the off season?

Also, re Boston Rob on amazing race: he paid the bus driver to just open the doors on the front of the bus.
Yeah, it was more the fact that he paid with other teams' money.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
What was this reaction for? I can't remember.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

GaussianCopula posted:

They could use the arena for 1vs1 (tribes decide on their "champion") and the winner decides whether he takes a reward for the tribe or individual immunity for his loved one.
Brutal. I love the concept.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Pilot for Holding Hantz which is getting shopped around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_KEwTPKyC4

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

I listen to most of them, although I do tend to skip the ones with guests I'm uninterested in or non-Survivor/Big Brother people. They're perfect for when I'm out for long walks/commuting to and from work/occasionally when I have shifts I can listen to podcasts.
I won't even ask where you listen to interviews with Rachel.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I was expecting Holding Hantz to be something more like Buckwild (Appalachian Jersey Shore), but it really looks like they're going for the redneck Duck Dynasty demographic.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
It was uncomfortable. But Dawn wanted to make a big deal about how tough she was and how she would have continued the game without her teeth, which is obviously BS. Brenda called her on it, even though it made her look bad. I might have done the same (and would have really regretted it, as much as Brenda probably did afterwards).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Such sad news.

• Locked thread