Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Richard, Tom, Yul, Earl, Parvati, and Cochran all undisputably deserved their wins too :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I love how the Brains tribe is just overthinking itself into complete and utter disaster.

Just... why are you idiots making moves for day 21 when it is day 3? Find the person who is making you lose challenges, vote them off, start winning challenges. It is literally that simple.

They're gonna get loving Ulonged.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Ned makes it to the merge, then goes right up to Cersei and tells her he'll be blindsiding her tonight with the help of Littlefinger. Then he goes to Littlefinger and says that he won't be taking Littlefinger to the final three with him, but vote his way anyway.

Ned is deeply surprised to be voted out that night.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Tony is pretty much a lock to self destruct at some point but drat it'll be fun watching him get there.
Tony is the crowning example of something plaguing nearly everybody on this season, including the Brains idiots -- they're all so stupid-smart, overthinking and overplaying everything. While I was watching the last episode I actually started wishing for a bunch of mactors who didn't know the show, just because at least they wouldn't be pulling idiotic meta poo poo like lying to everyone for no good reason, voting for Day 39 on Day 2, engineering vote splits at the first Tribal Council, and so on, and so forth.

I mean, for fucksakes. Vote out the weak people so that you win challenges, it's that simple right now, stop overcomplicating this poo poo so early.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm still rooting for Spencer because Spencer is awesome, but holy poo poo, the brass balls it took to not play that idol. Holy poo poo. Go LJ!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not an engineer so I could be wrong and I'd have to rewatch to be sure but I think Brains 2.0 winning came down to them sticking their two strongest in the front eventually.
Oh, definitely. When Spencer started yelling to Jeff about switching positions, you can tell he's just figured the challenge out and knows where everyone needs to be.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'm still amused that the Brains tribe is still together especially since they picked their buffs last. I'd almost accuse the producers of rigging it, but why would they?
They picked first and it doesn't matter anyway, it was random chance. 3 people pulling the same color in a row is unlikely, but not staggeringly so.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It got buried in the awesome second half of the episode, but not enforcing gender parity on that reward challenge was some dumb bullshit. It just wasn't fair that the orange tribe had to put a girl on the pole all three rounds, nor was it at all surprising when they couldn't handle dudes with at least 50 pounds on them trying to muscle them around.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

BGrifter posted:

There were likely a lot more rounds than what they showed. The show has a long history of challenges that go on a bunch of rounds but they edit it down to the same result with less rounds.
Two of the three rounds they showed was still 2 girls and 1 guy against 2 guys and 1 girl though, which isn't very fair at all even if there were other rounds when that wasn't the case.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Poque posted:

That wasn't the case in any round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcb6j2OU8yw

Round 1 was Tasha/Morgan/Sarah vs Lindsey/Trish/Jefra (3 girls v 3 girls)
Round 2 was Alexis/Spencer/Jeremiah vs Cliff/LJ/Trish (2 guys, 1 girl)
Round 3 was Sarah/Spencer/Jeremiah vs Cliff/Lindsey/Tony (2 guys, 1 girl)
Okay, you're right and I misremembered.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

In the absolute worst case scenario -- Orange Tribe loses four straight immunity challenges and goes into the merge with just the Brains left -- the Brains simply pull in Woo and Lindsey, who are both discontented and would be happy to knife Tony in the back, and they've got a 5-4 advantage in the numbers.

A strong alliance of three is never in a weak position in this game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Alternatively Orange loses this very next challenge and while Brains try and decide who to turn the tribe against or who to get on their side Sarah convinces the Beauties not to give up their power and to vote out Spencer. Will it happen? I have no idea. Sarah and the Beauties have been pretty questionable players so far. But it absolutely CAN happen and would be the smartest play for Sarah and the Beauties.
I think you're discounting how much the Beauties hate each other. Morgan in particular has no reason to go along with the people who cut her out and were making no secret about how she was the next boot.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The Brains getting walloped and sent to Tribal again and again is what's made them so paradoxically strong right now; there are no divisions left for anyone to take advantage of. They backstabbed, schemed, and shattered their own tribe again and again. Now all that's left is the last three people from a tribe so broken that even alliances stopped mattering and it just became "who are we willing to down together with". There's no minority on the outs, there's no grudges. There's just three people who have been through the poo poo together and have suddenly been handed a whole lot of power. That's strong stuff for where they're at right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I can't believe that after Spencer demonstrated the proper strategy for the reward challenge in the very first round (throw your thing as high as you can and go hug the other guy), nobody used it after that, including Spencer again. Whafuck?

Preview talk: No way they're actually merging next episode, right? That's gotta be a fakeout, 11 is incredibly early.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 27, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tony is just all kinds of hilariously insane, and that was an amazing Tribal. Just, holy poo poo.

And Kass, you stupid stupid bitch.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I guess I can hold out hope that Spencer's made enough of an impression to come back for an All-Stars, so that's something. Poor bastard keeps getting hamstrung by idiots, I feel for him.

Lone Goat posted:

What's this a reference to?

blue squares posted:

I don't get it
It is intolerable that you don't know this :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG3H9E-B464
(Spoiler alert: A minor character's death from Season 3 of Game of Thrones is in this scene, don't click it if that's something you might care about later)

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 3, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Magnatux posted:

Of Game of Thrones. That video's title and description are massively unhelpful. Not watching beyond S1 of Game of Thrones yet personally, so these names mean nothing and I want to forget before I watch S3 now.
Good point, I edited it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm sure there's a massive case of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here, plus Spencer didn't get to see the edit I did or anything, but... man. It still feels to me like Morgan was the obvious next target -- they all hated her, and going after a weak player is exactly the kind of stupid-smart decision both Tony and Kass love. I can't shake the feeling that Spencer should have known to play his idol on her.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

LeJackal posted:

He learned his lesson about Idols from the last Tribal, and why would he burn it for Morgan just to keep the 5-1-4 split for another week?
Because 5-1-4 is better than 6-3 :(

Also, that 5 no longer has Tony keeping them together through sheer insane force or will and might fracture.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 10, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I like Woo, but even I think this sets a weird precedent. I wonder where the line is.
I think the line is "don't 'hide' a clue by just placing it on top of your pants, folding your pants over it once, and then walking away".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure Morgan said it's the best salad she's ever had in her life. If you can't trust that testimonial then I don't know what you can believe in
I'm sure she meant it, too.

(The context was pretty obviously "holy poo poo I'm starving to death and they just gave me vegetables to eat THANK gently caress FOR THE VEGETABLES")

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If it wasn't for the Stupid Idol this would be just about a perfect season, but... the Stupid Idol.

Did Tony overreach? Will he get blindsided next week? No, because the Stupid Idol.
Can Tony make it to the final three? Yes, because the Stupid Idol.
Is there any way Tony's dominance can even be challenged? No, because the Stupid Idol.

gently caress that stupid thing so much, even if it never comes up it's killing tension just by existing.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 1, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Teek posted:

I'm not sure on what basis everyone believes Tony gets to Final 3 on the strength of his super idol alone. Isn't the last time the idols can be played the vote before final 4? He's done okay but not great in the individual immunities. To get Final 3 means he either has to win the final four comp, or he's taken as a goat to final 3. With how much he's pissing off his alliance, seems like he might get the goat benefit.
The ~*~*~*~*~special rules~*~*~*~*~ made no mention of any time limit on being played.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Watching Kass get goat-dragged to the Final 3, cut to shreds by the jury, and recieve no votes is going to be wonderful.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The best scenario would be if -- knowing he has an idol -- everyone else successfully engineers a vote split against Tony, he plays the regular idol, and then haha oops, revotes also lock out the Stupid Idol from being played and he goes home with the Stupid Idol in his pocket.

gently caress that idol, basically.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Wait, poo poo, you're right, that doesn't work at all.

There is no best case :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

A sufficiently bitter jury faced with Tony/Woo/Kass could throw it to Woo, but I tend to believe the Brains alliance when they said that they're all voting Tony if it comes to that.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I feel like the producers could make good money on a pay-per-view special where they just strand Brandon and Kass on a deserted island until they kill each other, starve to death, or both at the same time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

mr.capps posted:

Tony and Kass are classic contestants in that both would be great competitors if they didn't have one fatal flaw that makes them their own worst enemy. They both have a great tool set and are not afraid of making moves and playing the game but Kass has no self awareness and Tony overplays everything. Its just pure hubris and it is entertaining to watch.
Kass also has no social game, no challenge ability, no understanding of strategy, no leadership, no idea when to make big moves, and no jury sympathy.

She's lacking just a few more things than Tony is, is all I'm suggesting here. Also, I hate her so very much.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if this was planned or if they just called an audible after Lindsay quit because they didn't have any double eliminations planned.
Tyler Perry told them to do it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Assuming we do end up with a final 2, can anyone make an argument for Woo to win except for being not-Kass?
No, he's got zero chance against anyone but Kass. Spencer/Tony is the only F2 that wouldn't be a foregone conclusion, really (probably Spencer, but it'd be an interesting final tribal to see what happens).

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

So, let's compile a list of things that you apparently HAVE to know how to do before going on Survivor.

As of right now, all I have is "Make a Fire", "Swim", and "Do Sliding Puzzles".
That's a pretty comprehensive list really.

You could throw "braid leaves together to make roof that is at least mostly waterproof" and "basic hut construction techniques" if you want to be a god to your tribe, but it's not like their gratitude is gonna keep your rear end safe, so... eh.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Giodo! posted:

I think that it is silly to put spoilers around the speculation that you have there, as I think that scenario is almost impossible. Why in the world would Spencer or Tony win immunity at 3 and pick the other one to go to the final 2 with them? That's like the least likely final 2. If the final 3 includes both Spencer and Tony and one of them wins final immunity, they're taking Woo/Kass.
Tony mega-hates Kass and might also be stupid-honorable enough to want to take his best competitor to Final 2? Spencer definitely would axe Tony in a heartbeat, but Tony's less predictable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

TheChad posted:

So true.
I really don't think you can overrate the dude who literally invented the game that every single person on every season since has played.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hatch is sorta like Team Guido in Amazing Race -- defined the game and should never be discounted for doing so, but hopelessly outclassed when brought back to compete against a field full of people who had taken their revolutionary play as a starting point, competed against other people who were doing the same thing, and improved on it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

This spyshack is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. How does Tony expect nobody to notice?
All the smart people are on another tribe.

In another season.

On a different island, far away from this one.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Doesn't it go in boot order? Wasn't Trish right before Spencer, and didn't Sarah go first, etc.?
Yup.

I was playing Guess The Votes during Final Tribal and I had it 6-3 Tony, revised down to 5-4 when they showed Tash voting Woo. 8-1 surprised the gently caress out of me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Blood vs Water 2 will have Redemption Island again. muhhhhhhh.
RI works with BvW, there's the added wrinkles of voting out a loved one specifically to try and bait a strong player from the other tribe into taking their place, having to avoid angering the people you vote off too badly because they can and will information-share with their loved one on the other tribe, how as the merge approaches players with loved ones still on RI become disproportionate threats, because if you leave them around they're about to get a guaranteed solid ally, all that fun stuff.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I hate to admit it, but RI is considerably less awful with the BvW twist. I just hope they end it earlier in the game this time. If it were a pre-merge only twist I'd actually be pretty ok with it.
Yeah, it should only last until the merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

mancalamania posted:

The real headscracther is that none of these weird reasons match his behavior for the first 37 days of the game, where he came across as naive but willing to backstab if need be, and at various points agreed to vote out (and some cases actually did vote out) his close allies Cliff, LJ, Jefra, and Trish.
Because Tony told him to.

• Locked thread