Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My favorite part of that episode was how Goku realized that 17 was absorbing energy. He says this. And then he does keeps firing, just to be completely certain that this is what he's doing. And then he acts like it's a complete surprise.

Basically, I don't want to alarm anyone but I....think GT might have been poorly written!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I hope the Freeza movie is a comedy like Battle of the Gods.

Heck, if it has comedy on the same level and action that doesn't suck then it'd be just perfect.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Good, good. I don't give a poo poo about the plot but Toriyama's a funny guy so I'm looking forward to some laffs.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

tbp posted:

its consistent that none of the girls fight, because they either dont want to, or are weak

None of them are Saiyans so heck, they have the right idea.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Not with any of the female characters you already know. You will probably see Lady Whis in a fight or something of a new female character, but you will not see like Chi-Chi, Videl, or 18 do a cool fight thing.

Yah and a new character that's strong enough to fight in the big leagues (or in other words, introducing a new Saiyan character) would probably be called a mary sue. There's no winning, in this game.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The same reason anyone would buy any movie that gets aired on tv years after its theatrical run, I reckon.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I checked out that latest Super ep to see the fuss and dang, not only does it look like rear end but the pacing is complete garbage, which is an even worse crime.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Amorphous Blob posted:

Hyper big bang baseball attack!!!!

I you give a woman 30 years to voice a man I'm sure she's figured out a way to make it work. I like the soundbites in gakkan.

Time isn't always a good thing, with voicework.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It very rarely is good. I can't think of many actors who can keep the same voice for decades. Even long-times like Peter Cullen sound a fair bit different.

Since we're talking anime voice actors, the example that always comes to my mind is Zenigata's old voice actor. He had throat cancer and he sounded horrible the last few times he voiced him. It was clearly putting a strain on him because in his last role was a tv special in which they wrote out his character for most of the runtime, so I was glad when he finally retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

if your sole argument is "at least I use the shift key" then you are already admitting defeat

• Locked thread