Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That guy seems like the nicest, cheeriest wizard. I like him a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yo this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone still have an image of that joke character sheet that included a check-box for if you had checked your privilege that day? It had a load of other stuff but I forget the rest.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RIGHTEOUS, thanks so much~

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I stumbled upon what looks like an anime adaption of Wizardry 1. It's pretty dang 90's anime, but it's kind of cool to see an animated interpretation of some dungeon crawlers going after a gross old wizard in his disgusting basement.

Granted, I suppose it's technically keying off of a computer game, but seeing as how that game was basically one of the early attempts to get DnD into game format, this still seems like the right place to post it.

(the zombies in it are pretty cool)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

"Elsen", an unfortunate salaryman from the rpgmaker game "Off" who has suffered an ill fate.

Everyone's pal, Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Psykmoe posted:

Anyone got some medusas/gorgons (snake hair folks) wearing normal modern day clothes, civilian or vaguely military? Specific style is less important than just obviously being in a modern day context instead of some Greek ruin.

I never watched that PErcy Jackson movie but I guess this medusa lady is from that?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That's a cool picture of Ozma from Tactics Ogre.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DrSunshine posted:

:confused:
How does he walk? Does he roll along the ground like a wheel?

I expect as a demon lord, he is entirely capable of flight as well.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I got a request, anyone got good pictures of like, a super pretty man-wizard? If there's sort of a hint that the prettiness is due to glam-illusions and such, all the better.

As an example of the sort of thing I'm looking for, something like Howl from Howl's Moving Castle (seen below), but maybe some non-anime versions of that kind of a character, if there's any of that in circulation.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

These are so fantastic that instead of just having 1 beautiful man-wizard mucking things up in the campaign, instead it's going to be an entire cabal of really, really, ridiculously good looking wizards who are up to no good. Thanks Hot Modrons thread!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ghostpilot posted:

Carmen Sandiego may be on the other side of the law, but she has the look down!

Hey man, she was Acme's ace detective before she got bored of playing nice with Johnny Law.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cribbed from the DnD pictures thread:

Vsevolod Ivanov. Fascistic, Slavic paganism. Like a Russian Hyborian Age:

http://weirdrussia.com/2014/06/08/fantastic-art-of-vsevolod-ivanov/

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hey someone reminded me this existed, so I thought I'd remind the rest of youse too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FZnD21iO0

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a kitten posted:

Ah! It's Strongheart the Paladin, from the D&D toy line released around the same time as the cartoon, he even had a guest appearance.

And a character sheet:

Thanks google. Thoogle.

Looks like that muscly breastplate is mostly for show, if that STR 13 is any indication.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MMAgCh posted:

I'm not even sure why, but it doesn't sit right with me that they all have six limbs.

Centaurs and centaur-type things make no sense. They have two torsos. Do they have 2 sets of lungs? 2 hearts? 2 ribcages separated by one of 2 digestive tracts? The alternatives are just as alarming to contemplate.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know what Huey Lewis and the News has to say about squares.

On that note I suppose if the concept of "hip" has an integral, that it is what it is to be a modron

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

They're also cool as hell

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You could also change the hue pretty easily with GIMP or if you got it, Photoshop

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

as a quick example:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

S.J. posted:

I need an Orc whose good with technology. But not something from Warhammer.

What level of tech? I'm guessing not shadowrun level

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pseudosavior posted:

It's touching the thumb, making an "ok" gesture.

Have an octopirate.

It could be a Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup charactee

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm uncertain if I am looking at some kinda drow tending to the orc, or if it's one of those cases of serious sexual dimorphism that orcs are sometimes illustrated as possessing.

if it's the former I think it's nifty. if it's the latter, lmao jeez

edit oh wait I see it's by a woman so probably the former then

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Changeling posted:

I wish there was a version of the guy on the left with a darker skin tone because it would match really well to a character I'm about to start playing soon.

I dunno if you're still looking but it was easy to modify his skin tone with GIMP and the hue options (though it created some edge artifacting), what do you think of this?

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Feb 10, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kung Food posted:

This, except ramp up the male gaze and give it a matching female/gay gaze. Chain mail thongs for everyone

oglaf in that ODnD manual style would be wild

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Anyone got some chill elves that look scholarly or academic?

"Elf scholar" got some hits

what I am looking for is a tired, unassuming goblin female, preferably middle aged or older. everything I seem to find is either too visibly malicious, too young, or male

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 12, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bottom left one looks the most world-weary, and I can hue the image green. Thanks!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SkyeAuroline posted:

Topic-relevant but not directly an art request - how do you guys actually organize and use your art collections? Even sorted by genre and with some subdivision in each one (fantasy stuff has characters by species, scenes by type, etc), my collection's grown far beyond my ability to really use it for anything.

When it comes to roll20 tiles, I have a pretty systematic naming system. Gender-race-class/profession-physical descriptors, and when I need to find something, I can type "goblinthief" in the search window and typically get examples to choose from.

Might not be so practical for a really big archive, but I have hundreds of tiles and the system works well so far. I'm rarely struggling to get a tile down in a timely fashion

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

trapstar posted:

Got my human fighter commissioned.

A rose is a bold choice for weapon but I question its dps potential

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I got a request for the thread, does anyone have some non-white commoners? in European or non-European styled garb is fine, as long as they look like unremarkable commoners.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A Scottish fold

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

jeeves posted:

Gimme some options for an every-man cleric in a low fantasy setting. I'm going to playing a dope that happened upon a relic that suddenly gives him powers.

Unfortunately almost everything I am finding for cleric art is like... crusaders or paladins or something. Maybe I should just invest in looking for a dopey low level wizard art or something.

What kind of god?

There's a lot of different styles that different priests and clerics have. Some are more flamboyant than others

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 10, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

whoda thunkit posted:

Wonder what he keeps in the fanny pack?

Protein supplements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Party Boat posted:

Would Bloodborne concept art be a good place to start? Yharnam doesn't quite have the rain angle but it's dark gothic fantasy all over

Did someone put their laundry out to dry in the rain?