Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I love this guy. Where'd you get him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is the stuff of nightmares.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Signal posted:

Longtime follower of this thread, but I find myself needing something very specific: A half-gnoll (mostly human) with a staff, wearing fantasy "desert robes." Anyone have something like this?

My wife drew a "half-gnoll" creature many many years ago. I'll see if I can find it and post it. No desert robes, though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I always felt the Guilty Gear games and characters are manifestations of the bad rear end soundtrack rather than the soundtrack existing to complement the fighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9Cd4MKqHs&t=82s

Guilty Gear's I-No is an embodiment of the concept; she fights with a guitar, her projectiles (as I recall) are musical notes and her instant kill is summoning an entire concert with two giant speakers to bounce her opponent on the sound waves until they're dead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That's a good one if only because nerds couldn't abide seeing a reasonably proportioned woman in remotely sensible, non sexualized armor and immediately went to work:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I want to know more about Bluebirdbeard.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

gently caress. Yes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

This came up on my wife's tumblr:

I really dig the coats. Honestly, I'd probably wear jackets like that in real life. Is there a technical name for them? Because I see them in, like, Italian duelist-era films or maybe Holy Roman Empire period stuff (like Warhammer Fantasy), but can't think of more specifics.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 24, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I have kind of two part request:

One, I'm playing Wasteland 2, and I'm having a hard time finding art of black women appropriate to the setting to go with one of my characters, especially stuff that isn't super cheese-cakey. Anyone know of/have any?

Two, I have a character for a play-by-post that's going to be an aging duchess possessed by a bear-sark she's turned into a fur coat. Anyone have any art of fashionable but hard-edged old women that could fit the bill?

A random assortment from one of my folders as payment:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

rex monday posted:

Did someone say sexy myconid?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

goatface posted:

I have a feeling there was a period where Damion Hellstrom wore business suits, but I couldn't say when. He's normally shirtless to show off the big pentagram on his chest.

Like this?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Wittgen posted:

Have you tried searching for castlevania art?

I like these two

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Bloodborne might have someone for you. Lady Maria from the Old Hunters has a pretty nice tricorne.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

You're welcome. I did it all myself.

*signs his name to the thread

"This is mine."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is... is that Sun Wukong with a minigun?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Reene posted:

I made this

Good job!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

There's a pretty enormous gallery of art from a cancelled Sony Santa Monica project that might make good fodder for this thread. http://imgur.com/a/rMkmZ

Gunkata, meet Gunknee-to-the-face!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That remains the best wizard.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

"KILSON'S: YOU ALL MEET HERE"

I think this is a really good suggestion.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well, I don't think I have anything that's exactly what you want, but here's stuff from my collection that struck me as having a few of those elements together:

edit: Also good luck with your hexblade. I was going to try and play my paladin into cross-classing with that but the game disintegrated before I got the chance.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 14, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

This is the noblest looking tiefling I have.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

In no particular order, various levels of grunt, grizzled, infantry and ladies:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Young Freud posted:

I can't post examples right now, but have you tried Berserk? The manga, especially the earlier chapters, is loaded with lots of scared-up, pug-nosed dudes in various styles and conditions of of full plate mail right before getting bisected by the lead characters.

I mean, look at this dude...

This guy only exist for a single page before getting decapitated by Nosferatu Zodd. The whole series is loaded with guys like that.

Okay, I am going to put this guy's hat-met into the next thing I do somehow.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Most of these aren't as out there as what you posted, but this is the most like 'em that I got.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

my cat is norris posted:

Seeking African female warriors and mystics/priests who would fit the Conan: The Barbarian campaign setting. Archers would be a nice bonus. Thanks for the help -- I'm having some trouble finding stuff that's got the right feel!

Well, when I saw this it reminded me of Sword and Sorcery book covers and movie posters:
http://i.imgur.com/hxgMLCM.jpg

...but that's probably not what you're looking for, so maybe these are better:

I found a few more that I wasn't sure would or pretty sure wouldn't fit a Conan theme, but I'm including them for posterity:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

I found those too, it's surprisingly tough to find someone truly gnarly looking, even in settings like Warhammer. Thanks for the effort though!

I mentioned your request to my wife, and she was inspired to draw this up based on someone she knew from burn camp.

Otherwise, yeah, it's kind of hard to find what you're looking for without them still being "pretty." I like this guy:

Though this guy is at least a bit more deformed from his injuries

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 7, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

edit: The Crotch already included some of my favorites, but a few more I found today:

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 1, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

You might have some luck looking for some Dragon Age elf fan-art. Those elves have a lot less to be serene and placid about than most settings.

Seeing so many passive, stony faces on elves makes me wonder if it's a kind of unwritten rule that elves don't have facial expressions like humans. Or maybe they don't feel emotions like we do, so their faces don't read like anything real.

That said, here's the best I could find that made me think some combination of elf and unstable or gladiator:

It's amazing how much easier it is to find drow/dark elves/dunmer with actual expressions than any other kind of elf.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 2, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Could work so long as "grimdark" doesn't include "looks psychotic"

Could pass for a Tiefling, I guess. Maybe his tail was cut off.
same
A satyr isn't so different from a tiefling, right?

Hey, a bow!
ditto

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/397231629627163638/ can't get this one to just be an image, so here's it page.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 9, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Vonnie posted:

Gotta love the lesbian axe.

I did not even notice that. :blush:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is it jammed in his nose?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Male or female gobbie?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Maybe find a picture with a drunk fighting woman and shop in some wings?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Don't have that, but I did find this:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

In the vein of "having a bad day," I have these two:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I want to say yes but I went back to where I got it to be sure and can't find it anymore.

edit: a google search says its Gimenez's cover to French edition of the book Darkover.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 21, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Best I can find:

It seems key words like "sad" or "skinny" orc/half-orc translate to "pretty boy" for most artists.

You might try looking up Critical Role Fjord fan art. He's a half-orc warlock with 11 strength, so he's got the weediness, who pulls out his tusks at one point, so he's got the self-rejection and gloominess.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

You want Chris Foss art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I think the most like what you want that I could find is this:

by Minty-Paws

But there's also

by Eichi-d-Aman

edit:

Just found immediately after I closed out of this thread.

by Jake Wyatt Riot