Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Welcome to the newest incarnation of the Hot Modrons (TG Art) Thread!

Here you can post and request awesome art for whatever twisted purposes you desire. Don't leech your images, and use the timg tag if your poo poo's too big!

Some great examples of TG art from the Previous Thread

Your average TG game.

A standard barbarian, doing what comes natural.

A druid, being creepy.

Muscle Wizards get all the babes.

And what art thread would be complete without these?

Here's an awesome tool that allows you to search images by tag and also add tags to images. This is an awesome resource to grab images on the fly.

Our very own McKilligan has made some amazing pixel art for your tabletop adventures. Don't believe me? Check out this horde of gobbos

A loathsome brood

You can find their amazing wares right here (click the image)

Happy posting, nerds!

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You mean this one?

Lord Frisk posted:

And what art thread would be complete without these?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hahahaha, what? I dunno, I never saw that. Maybe ask boo_radley?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I enjoy huge image dumps, as I'm less likely to even click on a link or click through a gallery. I'd miss a lot of cool poo poo if it was posted as links.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You should all post more nuns with guns. Also, Tolly, take a day off.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Post more pictures.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

They're actually Mongolian wolves, but they are about the size of a coyote.

Videos of Eagles crushing wolves

E: size of a coyote. Also, two eagles vs one wolf :black101:

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 18, 2014

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

pitlo posted:

Where is restoration angel's left leg?

You should try posting pictures instead of making GBS threads on contributions. The other leg is behind voluminous robes. gently caress yourself.

Post Art Deco and diesel punk stuff please.

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 16, 2014

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Sorry for being such a poo poo, thread. I was in a bad mood, and I shouldn't have taken it out on you.

As penance, have these gun wielding women.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Maybe this one from the 4e thread.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Peas and Rice posted:

I want to build a campaign around this image. Holy poo poo.

That's a Gamma World image. You should definitely play Gamma World.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Maleh-Vor posted:

As an artist, I can deny this.

I can also say that one of us always lies, the other always tells the truth.

I never understood why nobody ever asks both doors the same question with a known answer. "Does 1+1 equal 2?" Fuckin bam, now you know which door lies.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Looks like some TSR Gamma World

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Good call on the Cuda. Nobody gives the Cuda enough love.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Why are they all halflings?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

OmanyteJackson posted:

What do you have against haflings? :colbert:

They're only half as good as full sized characters.

Honestly, I was wondering why they're all half scale. They look cool, and I'm not attacking your art or anything, just wondering why you made the choice to have them scaled down.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Those eagles are used to hunt wolves. to hunt wolves.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Cambrinus posted:

Dwarf Rogue/Mage/Trickster dump:

More dudes with feathers in their hats

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

these might not be 100%, but they're close

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

djwetmouse posted:

Eric Andre is the only Adult-Swim show I watch regularly, otherwise I only check it out when there is nothing else to watch.

what the hell are you talking about?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

cyberia posted:

I need your most :krad: 80s / 90s cyberpunk art. Preferably old-school hand drawn or painted stuff that is actually from the 80s like book covers and stuff rather than the modern digital art that is all over tumblr / DA / etc

Stuff like this would be awesome:

And especially stuff with this sort of colour scheme (but not necessarily this style of painting):

Check this thread for some visual and much musical inspiration

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

dragon_pamcake posted:

I'm setting my next game in Detroit and the PCs are going to be the local Ghostbusters.

Please give me your spooks, specters, wraiths, and vampires.

Haunted cars would also be a plus.

Personally, I think the last one is perfect for a ghost car in Detroit. Mercury Marauder, fully blacked out. Being close (identical) in body style to the Crown Vic just lends it a kind of twisted authority that mirrors darkly the police presence (or lack of).

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Speleothing posted:

Why would you run a game in a city you know nothing about?

Michigoons, angry about a thing. (I poke fun at you trolls, I'm a Yooper).

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Peas and Rice posted:

Anyone have some female drow that don't look like they just stepped out of a Cinemax film?

Yeah, but only if they're half spider and also have rockin tits

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Athas has what you're after

also rhinos

there's a million dragon riders out there too

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'll add a link to the OP when I get home from work. Thanks for doing this.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Nothing to add but this

:69snypa:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

starkebn posted:

your site is great, but should I stop checking this thread for cool pics if all it's going to be is chat about your site?

Considering that we're just on the other side of launch, I don't think this amount of chat is obscene or anything. However, there's no reason the two can't peacefully coexist. This thread allows for specifics that the search does not. There's still a ton of artwork out there that may not be uploaded, fr'ex the weird mounts request.

Let's do our best to keep this thread on track while also keeping our handy tool robust.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I won't post his robot work, mostly because I'm not sure how I feel about it. Check it out with a set of fresh eyes.

http://www.simonstalenhag.se/

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

While I'm at it, I will post the art of Jakub Rozalski, who has a similar feel

He's currently doing all the art on a board game called Scythe set in an alternate history 1920's Europa. It's the 'mech stuff that he's probably most well known for. I didnt post a ton of that stuff either, but here's a taste.

It's due for a Kickstart this fall, so keep your eyes open

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mr Tastee posted:

Recently joined an IRL game. Can I get pics of dragonborn paladins?

this is a cursory google image search. almost all dragonborn in images are paladins. you're probably not gonna find much better stuff apart from WotC licensed stuff.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

rex monday posted:

Does anyone have any post apocalyptic lady warriors? Trying to find non-cheesecake stuff for a Battlebabe. Bonus points if there's a nautical theme but I'm pretty sure that might be impossible.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Automatic Slim posted:

Cyberpunks have... books?

Crayola books man

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Harrow posted:

Anyone have any good art of really "fair folk"-looking elves?

I'm introducing my setting's version of drow slowly (they're going to be one of the major antagonists). The problem I'm having is that they don't look like the standard, black-skinned evil elves. They're tall, pale, beautiful, otherworldly, and completely and utterly alien in their morality and thought. I'm having a weirdly hard time finding very pale, fae, beautiful elves that I can use as "evil elf" pictures. The best I've done so far is Warhammer dark elves (and, to a lesser extent, 40k dark eldar), but it's tough to find a female example from one of those sets that isn't wearing a black leather bikini at most.

Depending on whether your world has Eladrin, you could just hot swap the two races for pictures. They're also basically everything you described, so perhaps just use eladrin wholesale.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

here's a ton of crap

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Countblanc posted:

Looking for art of a beastmaster and a beetle or other giant/wolf-sized bug. Ideally in a modern or scifi setting but I won't push my luck too hard there. Preferably male.

Dark sun art? I'm on my phone, so I can't post any, but that may be your best bet

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Just gonna leave this here and assume it doesn't need to be tIMG'd.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

I'm running a Werewolf: the Forsaken game in 19th Century Quebec on the frontier and am looking for really any visual inspiration along those lines: Lumberjacks, evil things in the forest, spectacular vistas and what have you. Even just your most 19th Century-est stuff to mine.

In return, have something decidedly different, from Simon Stålenhag's Things from the Flood series.

This stuff immediately made me think of Jakub Rozalski who does surreal and high fantasy stuff in the style of turn of the century Russian realists. He also did a ton of stuff for the board game Scythe, which may have some of the aesthetic you're looking for. Luckily though, he is also who I'd recommend for your particular needs. Check out all his stuff in the link above.

I'd also love to see more stuff like what Tricky Dick Nixon posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I didn't know the witcher series at all, but I did notice the same protagonist in most of those. He also had a series of werewolves in pastoral scenes reminiscent of northern climes. He tends towards harsh lines in lupine figures that contrast with his hominid roundness.