Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I love South American crests in general, here's one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Sorry if some of these were posted before, but here are some more South American badges- they have a simplicity to them that I really, really love- only Italian badges really come close, imo.

Oh, and I just found out that the current Chilean champions are the wonderfully named O'Higgins F.C., so that's something.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's loving cheap trash Web 2.0 design where the lack of design is papered over by modern gradients and youth inspired drop shadows. It looks fine, but is the perfect example of instantly dated design.

It's basically the Arsenal crest redesign except 10 years late, it's loving horrible lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Phwoar those gradients.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Peanut President posted:

No loving way.
edit: Just noticed it has white stars on red just like the goddamn USSF logo. :smithicide:
also they're doing the dumb thing where the logo is changed to each team's colors:

why are the badge lines outlined on some crests and not on others

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
This is basically about the quality of those "what if NFL teams were soccer clubs" things that bad graphic designers post on Reddit, except the MLS decided to actually run with it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't think it's that terrible? I mean it's definitely not good but is it really worse than this?

They're both bad, and the "crest" logo is trendy enough that it'll look exactly as dated as this one looks now in 10 years time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm blatantly melting down over the crest outlines here, but in the logos that do have outlines, there's often no consistency in the color of the outline. Sometimes it matches the top half, sometimes the bottom half. Like, it's admittedly nitpicking, but it's also part of why this looks like such an unprofessional, in-house job.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
personally I think it's best to split the difference and go with "AFC"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
All-black as the first-choice strip color is surprisingly rare.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

be nice wicka posted:

the best part about real salt lake is that MLS fans think if you give it enough time people will forget how embarrassing it is

Lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I think a bold, yet understated option is "AFC".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

DR AIDS posted:

Formerly known as the Pepsi Mega Bottlers, one of the greatest team names of all time.

Lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the Red Bull logo is never an improvement

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Crazy Ted posted:

Everything about that Atlanta team is loving stupid. Let's put an MLS team in a city where the NBA team couldn't get 10,000 people to playoff games when they had Dominique Wilkins, had middling attendance when the Braves won about 58 division titles in a row in baseball, burned through two different NHL teams decades apart, and has a hard time even getting a full house for NFL games. But there is apparently this secret untapped "soccer fan" market that will show up by the tens of thousands for this team THIS IS DIFFERENT THIS IS THE FUTURE

They are also adding multiple teams in Florida, which is nearly as bad as a sports market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's basically a wash, I think. I like the black/white version of the badge on that t-shirt more than the colored one. The implementation of the DC flag is nice, and they got rid of what was by far the worst part of the old badge, the lettering.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 10, 2015

• Locked thread