Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Crossposting from the BSS chat thread. I wanna see this. I dug the Ultimate collections but wish they had done the full run.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My favourite version of the TMNT is still Michael Zulli's 1990/91 version:

Zulli also did the art on the unpublished issue of Swamp Thing where Swampy met Jesus which was was cancelled when the DC president thought it was too inflammatory, which led to writer Rick Veitch quitting the company.

I remember randomly getting some of it as a kid and there was just some crazy weird poo poo and cool rear end art. Something that the Archie series lacked. Well, the Archie series had that cosmic cow thingy.

It always blows my mind how this little comic blew up so huge. This kinda jokey concept and all of a sudden you are a global phenom. I wonder who the big company exec was who looked at this weird comic and said this could be huge with the kids. Toys, TV, movies...

Edit: What is the best way to fill in the gaps in the Ultimate Collections. I see the Classics but those seem pretty skimpy, three issues. Really?

sporklift fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

I think it's just gonna be the four Turtles for now. I've got a pile of other stuff to snatch up first.

The core turtles are pretty awesome. Bought Raphael on a whim and had to have the rest. All can be had for under ten bucks and they put every other figure on my shelf to shame. Sturdy, poseable and they look sweet. Wish these were around when I was a kid.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

Do you have any of the TMNT Classics? They are incredible figures.

I do not. I don't think I am allowed anymore Turtles in the house! The Bebop and Rocksteady look amazing.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So I picked up the new HC of Soul's Winter. Wow. Total hack job on the color. I could barely make it through the book. Really bummed because I have been wanting to check it out for a while.

Seriously? Just throw splotches of color over the black and white image?

Muddy up the image and ruin the intricate line work that made the original interesting?

I thought the story was pretty meh, so all the more important to focus on the art.

• Locked thread