Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

I imagine a boatload of us are going to join an XBox Live party and watch crap like WCW Great American Bash 1999 while drunk via streaming.

I'm looking forward to it; especially once Canadian (me) and UK goons get the service.

I never considered that option. I'll definitely try to get some groups together ITT when the network launches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

People still complaining about OTE 99 being edited on the network are just proving the point that they don't give a poo poo about history, wrestling, or not completely alienating a family that has given so much to the industry. The PPV is there, the chronology is complete, if you want to see the grisly details just go somewhere else and stop expecting a company to promote, in anyway, such an event.

"bbBut I can't see JR pronounce someone dead in HD!"

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Any idea when to expect legit subscription numbers?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr Scumbag posted:

Wow, way to go, WWE for making Network completely useless to me.

Yeah gently caress WWE for making this very affordable way to watch every past and future PPV ever from multiple feds + thousands of hours of old footage because you won't do this one thing I want that would mess with a lot of current contracts and possible new TV deals!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Do we have network on 360 yet?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Michael Corleone posted:

This is really stupid and I don't know how that can't fix the issue in a week, though I know nothing about running websites/apps. They should have been able to run a simple fix last week to let anyone watch it since it was a FREE trial anyway to give them time to work out the un/pw issue.

I just don't understand what is causing the problem with the login screen. Streams crashing under stress and more widely-dispersed demand than anticipated creating issues makes sense to me, this does not.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Didn't know about MS being so difficult in that regard. That helps explains things a bit.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pariah Rex posted:

The WWE Network should have some sort of symbol or tag or something to say "Warning this PPV contains Jeff Jarrett watch at your own risk" The guy was seriously like the 90's version of The Miz, and he pops up on everything.

Double J was pretty shite and outdated but he wasn't insufferable his whole career and is 10x the worker Miz is. I probably don't mind Jarrett in WWF stuff mostly because he wasn't booking himself in main events.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 5, 2014

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

are we even sure that's going to be his full-time entrance and not just a one-off thing for his debut because that seems fairly elaborate for a comedy midcard act in the developmental territory

have you seen the entrances coming out of nxt? wyatts, tyler breeze, the ascension...i swear they just keep getting longer and more convulated.

but holy poo poo what a gimmick change. the characters they are coming up with down there are wild and so specific. i mean we've had swamp cult leader, hippie commune flower child, selfie obsessed male model, 90s hipster, an oblivious failed actor, and now apparently some combo of party boy, zoolander, and a coked up orgy leader.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

don't know what you guys are talking about that's a good number (42 days!!) and i really doubt they won't make 1 mil.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

heroes of wrestling has a trainwreck appeal when some really bad ppvs are more of a slow torture thing going on

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Benne posted:

Yeah, it especially doesn't work for babyface brothers. The crowd doesn't want to see them fight so there's no heat, and the team will just get back together in 6 months anyway.

E: The next 24 episode will air after next week's Raw, and is about Booker T. I really liked the debut episode so hopefully this keeps up.

It would also help if they didn't kill of all the Rhodes brothers heat wallowing in a bad tag division and feuding with the new age outlaws.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

it's just stupid that someone, anyone, can't get an angle with two really good wrestlers, a natural feud, crazy rear end gimmicks and with the help of dusty, over but im still holding out for a good wrestlemania match

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

best/worst part of xfl were the new "extreme" rule changes that involved players legitimately crippling eachother in a somehow still boring fashion.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

A big heel authority figure needs a great and consistent counterpart with a clear goal and "the authority" is constantly shifting their focus, changing the face they are feuding with, and never finish off feuds properly and nobody gets over in the process

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

What kind of Big Randy merch do they have

not enough.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Can this be a three-man table with Mark Madden?

adamle on interviews and great khali as ring announcer

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So has the Network site completely poo poo itself for anyone else on Safari? It will show the categories and such, but no options will show up, regardless of what you click. So you choose In Ring and it acts as though there is nothing available.

Safari has actually been the only thing I could get the network to work on with my Mac :iiam:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Shield v evolution was such a good loving feud

It was great because 1. it was essentially a dream match and 2. the feud ended before it could go bad and it consisted of essentially nothing but really, really, good matches because of that.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

so wtf is that tv-ma wwe cartoon gonna be like? if vince and seth green are trying to get $10 worth of trainweck curiosity out of me they are probably going to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

WeaselWeaz posted:

Pretty sure King Booker had the strap.

world heavyweight championship not wwe