Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
poor blackberry just wanted to go back home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
passport to stockholm

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
"Reviews have been decidedly mixed" what the gently caress does this mean

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-12-19/hands-on-with-the-blackberry-classic

greatest pictures in a phone review article since the slice of cheese

.... wow

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the reset button is conveniently placed exactly where my index finger usually is when I'm holding a phone and also where the top of my car phone cradle hits it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

RubberJohnny posted:

He also took a shot at streaming service Netflix for refusing to make its streaming movie service available to BlackBerry customers.

same except the VIC-20

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
typo negative

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
blavkberry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
this is like the fifth rumored buyout of be in a couple years, who's moving stock this go around

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Mr. Apollo posted:

official blackberry marketing

blackberry androids dream of electric chairs

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
have you tried: go out (of pakistan)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Mister Macys posted:

new Blackberry is out! :toot:

a team of like six or seven spent a month developing this toy

or tool

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
government officials have pleaded to the technology industry for help yet have been met with disdain. In fact, one of the world’s most powerful tech companies recently refused a lawful access request in an investigation of a known drug dealer because doing so would “substantially tarnish the brand” of the company. We are indeed in a dark place when companies put their reputations above the greater good. At BlackBerry, we understand, arguably more than any other large tech company, the importance of our privacy commitment to product success and brand value: privacy and security form the crux of everything we do. However, our privacy commitment does not extend to criminals.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
that blog post should trigger the death pool imo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
autonomous car battery pulls

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
blackberry: toys for tools

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Glorious Leader Justin Trudeau providing advice to the technologic engineers of the Democratic People's' Republic of Canada

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

in olden times this triggered the death pool

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
does this count as killing their software then idk

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I dunno, why don't you ask those guys who stole that truck full of playbooks

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
if ever there was a victimless crime

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The Macintosh Gambit

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
In Houston here also. I very rarely see a BlackBerry being used. When people see my Q10 or Z30, they make the typical statement of "BlackBerry still makes phones?" or "I didn't know of anyone still used Blackberries". I just tell them that BlackBerry isn't going anyway & my Z30 is the best phone I've ever used. I tell them that I choose BlackBerry & won't use anything else because I believe BB10 is the best overall mobile OS still available.
I did see a guy in Walmart a couple months ago using a white Z10. He was from Nigeria. I complimented him on the device & then showed him my Otterboxed Z30 which he liked.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

John Chen is literally the radio shak ceo from that onion article

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Chen doesn't want to piss off governments since it's their contracts that keep blackberry afloat

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
yeah fair point

I'm getting flashbacks to the initial introduction of the iPhone when silly balls/lizard lips declared the iPhone to be magic and/or physically impossible

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
they looked at the galaxy s5 and determined it to be impossible

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
rim died when they started making android phones imo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This isn't Blackberry trying to recapture a market. This device is a goodbye to their faithful; a chance to keep their beloved keyboards and move to a new platform. This their last device, that's what they've said. The name will live on but not actual Blackberries as we have known them.

It's a thankyou to the people who love the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

more people shoplifted Blackberries and returned them for store credit than the number of people who bought them

possession of a Blackberry is clear evidence of shoplifting a Blackberry but it's a victimless crime and so shouldn't be punished

• Locked thread