Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like Everquest Next is going to be canceled. No idea what the future is for Landmark, it doesn't seem good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

joshtothemaxx posted:

I agree this is good. Next has been vapor ware for a year. I feel like I threw 100 bucks down a money out, for what? A poo poo sandbox.

If this means a new director, good. If it means the death of next I'm ok with that.

Just please don't kill eq2 :(

I can't imagine any of SoE's current games being shut down. H1Z1 will probably come out for PC, Planetside 2 will come out for PS4, and then Daybreak will call it quits and go into maintenance mode where they just keep their games up and running and nothing else. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Freakazoid_ posted:

Well before the acquisition, I had a feeling just based on the direction Landmark was going that Next was going to be dropped in favor of Landmark. Landmark didn't need pve/pvp content, but it got it, and I can't help but wonder if the guys upstairs were already looking to consolidate.

Now it's them that have been consolidated :v:

Ooh wow, I didn't even realize that happened, but I haven't been following this game in a long time. That is a very different direction to go.

Like, if the lead people were let go after Everquest Next had come out or was about to come out, we are talking like a few weeks of beta testing left, with a release date set in stone, then I would not be worried. But Everquest Next is no where close to even an alpha test for players. It's almost for sure been canned and we will get the announcement soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Biowarfare posted:

I've been waiting for eqnext for a long time and haven't really followed (i bought landmark but never played it)

What's the situation now, because I honestly don't understand the whole thing and people are throwing around terms like vapourware

Daybreak got rid of some of their key people working on the game. So it's future I think is up in the air. There's been no news about the title for a long time now as well. I think it really is vaporware.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DevNull posted:

How inconsiderate of the people that bought Everquest Landmark wanting to have a game that held some elements of Everquest.

The advertising for this game at first was incredibly misleading. SoE did an awful job, and in some cases I would argue was unethical about what Landmark was exactly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everquest Next is vaporware, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

temple posted:

I'm sorry this game died.

Honestly it's fine, Everquest 1 & 2 are still really good MMOs. There's no need to make a 3rd Everquest to be honest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not at all surprised. Worried though for the future of Everquest in general though. If Daybreak goes under then Everquest goes with it for good. I mean I don't even play EQ anymore but it's such an important video game and it would be a huge shame to lose it forever because it's in the hands of incompetent people. It seems very clear to me that Daybreak is not going to last, they just have not done anything good since making Everquest 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I called it a couple years ago that MMORPGs were a fading trend and I really think that is the direction the genre is still heading. The best MMORPGs can do anymore is a month or two of large success but then they drop off drastically after that and become ghost towns from then on out. The only truly successful MMORPG in the last few years has been Final Fantasy XIV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

khy posted:

I heard that EQN was cancelled. I was actually somewhat curious about this because EQ was my first MMO and you always look back fondly on your first, right?

So what's the deal with EQL, EQN, etc? I thought that Landmark was like, worldbuilding for EQN or something.

Everquest Landmark has been renamed to just Landmark and is like Minecraft now but as an MMO. Everquest Next has been officially canceled.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Probably not for awhile, they tapped into a rich vein of zombie cliche.

How though? H1Z1 is so bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BadLlama posted:

When smed got pissed people were calling this poo poo and offered a refund to anyone I took that poo poo immediately :smug:

How did you get a refund? Its been so long that my account purchase history doesn't show that I bought this garbage early access.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I gave this a try, everyone's landmark is just placing the castle tower and then quitting the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good riddance to Landmark, gently caress this game.

• Locked thread