Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Is he still "secretly" an alcoholic? I'm not sorry for him at all, you'd think someone who's had that many lucky breaks would understand where his strengths lie. Fallon should have walked away a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

In other news, Conan released a barely-edited podcast this week talking about Wednesday's events with Ron Reagan (the less conservative son of you-know-who). It's pretty entertaining even though it's very much the "I'm not a political person, but..." take on things and would get eviscerated in D&D.

C-SPAM would be the premiere choice

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

pwn posted:

Conan
Monday - Timothy Olyphant
Tuesday - Deon Cole
Wednesday - Charles Barkley
Thursday - Bill Burr

I am here for this

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I forgive you pwn. Thank you for the work you do. And now I'm forced to tell you I don't actually watch tv, I just post in the thread because I'm a hipster.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Pierre Bernard and the recliner? Brian Stack when doing Hannigan the joke salesman? Kramer being himself? Conan had a big field of glorius goobers

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Ferguson completely changed the format when he got bored and the show was so much better off for it. I miss him terribly.

Fukken Larry King filling in for Jeff hahaha

Conan is good on the pod still. The only thing I miss now is the remotes, terrorising his entire staff, and Brian Stack sketches

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 30, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Any single season of conan' gave me more entertainment than all other talkshows combined save for a bit of ferguson, so there's that

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Makes you appreciate how much PhotoshopPhridays from 20 years ago did to teach you good style

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Gosh, no need to be so salty. Colbert is largely painfully bland now compared to how he used to be. Most of that is down to the format and his writing staff instead of the man himself but he sure leans into grabbing low hanging fruit now with painfully awkward editing whereas he was once sharply satirical with a tight show.

That's a weird way of spelling network executives who don't want to inconvenience white status quo America in the supposed interest of advertising companies

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

grumble grumble conan o'brien and keith ferguson, only true scotsmen incidentally grumble

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Because I ment to and am winning this clear argument that we are probably having:bahgawd:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Jesus, I practically just listened to the very recent "inside conan" ep with him and the other prop hero, unbelievable in hindsight. The stuff they did and how, simply god drat. It's worth your time to listen to. Distilled Late Night

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Yes

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

It should also be said that the only show that's "with it, jack. for youngsters!" is cody's showdy aka Some More News and that's not even on TV

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Seconding Roy Wood, the man is blessed

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The correspondents were excellent (well, Roy Wood jr. and Ronny Cheng were/are) and Noah is/was very funny in his stand up.
But Trevor Noah the man is self involved, he has an oversized regard of his own intellectualism and undersized one for others, and he's a womaniser. I respect him as much as I do Jay Z or smth. I have no issue with Noah the comedian really, but he himself is garbage man

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

roy wood jr

owns

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I didn't see Minhaj's, but he's someone I would not like to see anywhere, or at all even. Sure I might be wrong and he might deserve a second chance in a different position, but in everything else I've seen him in he wasn't funny - and mostly came across as a self involved holier-than-thou gently caress boi. Him replacing Noah would be no change at all except Noah is a legitimately good stand up

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Pander posted:

Eric Andre needs to host the daily show.

Yes.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hawkperson posted:

Klepper is amazing and I will enjoy the poo poo out of his week but if he’s behind the desk, then he can’t be harassing Trump supporters so.

Roy and Desi deciding if the Jill Biden faux pas was racism or sexism was loving amazing, hire Roy for the desk on the back of that alone.

drat right. Hell it needs to be seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81SLr5lNWfY&t=226s

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

pwn posted:

Watching Gutfeld and it is loving dire. Not even his shite audience is laughing at half his "jokes"

I don't mean "not laughing" like a few chuckles. I mean not laughing

The shite power hour

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if a prolonged strike kills the Daily show.

Also, do we have a thread somewhere about the WGA Strike? I'd create one but I'm not witty enough :(

WGA: this time for Africa?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYP1pYNM1s&t=18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Also NBC execs believe Lorne has so much influence his org can get guests on that they couldn't pull on their own