Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Vhati il-Dal. Dude just wanted to get ahead in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Potentially dumb questions relating to landchat a few pages back.

Will people get pissy if I throw Unglued or old land cards into a Standard deck?

Oh, also, how far back can you go for cards to include in a Commander deck? Is anything restricted?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
This is an angry thread full of angry people.

Here's a simple rules question to make everyone happy:

1. You have an Assemble the Legion out with X muster counters on it, Y Soldier tokens in play and a Legion's Initiative. You activate the initiative to exile your dudes. Do they come back?

2. Same as above, but instead of hitting Legion's Initiative you use, I don't know, Leonin Relic Warder to exile the Assemble the Legion for ~reasons~. When he dies and the Assemble comes back does it have its counters?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
But isn't that a problem Wizards is responsible for themselves? If they won't allow proxies, and they won't do reprints, and they want people playing Legacy or whatever, something's got to give.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Victor Surge posted:

Here is a god that happened.

Looks like a thing.

And I just completed my playset of Boros Reckoner :allears:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Magneto looks pissed.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Saving the picture gives it a weird file name (chnsstojernkoo.jpg). Does this mean anything? :iiam:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Serperoth posted:

Is there a source for Puzzle Magic puzzles? I have two old copies of InQuest here, and I absolutely loved those You Can't Win puzzles, which gave you a board state, then said "you can't win, but try to do THIS thing", like getting a fully loaded Suncrusher in, or having seven Squires in play (starting with one). I know that MaRo got his start writing puzzles as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they still did that sort of thing somehow.

I'm sure they had some of those in issues of The Duelist back when it was a thing in the mid-late 90's. Some of the puzzles were vicious, but good luck finding .pdf's of the magazines.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
My first rare that I remember was a Rathi Dragon, although I think I got a Vhati il-Dal in the same starter deck which ended up being my favourite magic card ever. Rathi Dragon was particularly bullshit in a set with Common Lotus Petals, as one of my friends learned a year ago when I got back into the game after quitting when Stronghold came out. Turns out a 5/5 flyer hitting the field on turn two can be hard to deal with.

Alris fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 30, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

They're not Slivers unless they're one-taloned two-tailed abominations that lack the You Control clause. :colbert:

e: Oh god I just had flashbacks to M14 spoiler season, the above was a joke, no need to start all that again.

Alris fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 27, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Prerelease report: Ensoul Artifact is absurd, unbelievably absurd. An opening hand of that + Ornithopter will have a 5/5 flyer out swinging on turn 2.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Of course it's far from a sure thing, hell it's a card game, of course things aren't going to go 100% your way, but turning a 0 cost chump blocker into a flying death machine on your second turn is pretty rad.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
FNM ragers are the worst, especially when you're not good at the game :(

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
As someone who wasn't playing around Onslaught block, Morph always felt to me like it would be a loving horrid mechanic, especially the whole "this card says I can make it a 2/2, no I don't actually have to prove that it does, you just have to trust me on this, honest" aspect of it. Am I missing something fundamental here? Is there something I'm missing that made it good?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Has a date been set for the Khans prerelease?

As an aside, sixteen copies of Eater of the Dead showed up in the mail today. I am very confused.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

JerryLee posted:

I've always thought that card had some awesome art. Shame about the power level. Actually, if not for the mana cost, it'd be a pretty legit ability in some circumstances. Seems like if they printed it today they could make it 3 mana, or even 2 mana at rare.

Secret Phenax tech I guess...?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

mick foley forever posted:

then its toilet crap..

Perfect for Zedruu!

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
You know who else liked the colors red, white and black?

That's right.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Where's this meant to be? Ravnica?

e: nvm, it is. Turn out original Ravnica had some baller Plains.

Alris fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 21, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I started playing in Ice Age, so favourite non basic art was a no brainer.

Phil Foglio is a treasure too good for Magic in the modern world.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

mcmagic posted:

Reid Duke on the SCG feed playing GU Devotion with Yisan, The Wonderer Bard. lol

Where would you fine a list for this?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Could the half cycle of enemy-coloured Painlands printed in M15 be an indicator that Zendikar lands aren't coming? I picked the hobby back up in RTR , so I'd like nothing more than for that to not be the case, but I am a little worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Cernunnos posted:

"Chord for 6." Drop this guy. "Do something about it."

Speaking of, I'm pretty sure the answer is no but can you Chord out a morphed creature?

edit: ^^^^ spooky

• Locked thread