Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Shadow of doubt. Sweet art, sweet effect, you feel like a genius when you play it on a fetch / gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Offset presses don't really like downtime. The more it runs, the more money you make. They only really stop to put in new plates. It wouldn't surprise me if the print house has their production scheduled for the next 6mo-1yr

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

BizarroAzrael posted:

Heard an odd thing earlier and I wanted to check it out. A guy said that he had it confirmed from a PTQ judge that if you cast Skullcrack so "Damage can't be prevented this turn", a creature with protection can can take damage from a source it's protected from (so long as it doesn't need to target etc) is that right? It seems wrong to me.

this guy belongs on a metal album cover :rock:http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=87900:black101:

(read the oracle rulings)

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Kilazar posted:

Can't look it up at work. Whats planechase?

And I so desperately want to build a goblin EDH deck. I just haven't found a good commander for it yet that is a goblin and fun. He's really the only thing holding me back from building it. The supporting spells and lands are easy.

Ishi-ishi, akki crackshot

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Entropic posted:

I hope Conspiracy is a stealth Modern Masters 2 with a bunch of useful reprints in it.

I wonder if it will still follow the 1-3-10 rarity distribution though. Probably.

Wasteland, force of will, fetches

All at uncommon.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Cryptic has too many options for me to play a textless version.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
OFF WITH HIS HEAD DUAL LANDS!

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
He's so awesome with delay

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
people still call GB Rock. No Rock, no & His Millions.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
If I activate a genju and attack, and the genju enchantment gets naturalized or what ever, is the land still a dude until end of turn?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Why are the dexterity cards banned in legacy/vintage?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
They do, I've looked into it. Delay is a .10 card, French delays are 1.00, foil French delays are 20ish

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Promoted Pawn posted:

Please tell me they were something like 25 years old.

"Yes, this pocket watch brings everything together. SO loving DAPPER. Time to go play Wizard Poker Whist with my chums."

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

moot4king posted:

My LGS is replacing FNM Standard with Modern because it is way more popular and I am not sure how to go from Standard to Modern. Fetchlands, goyfs and that stuff I know about, but the sheer amount cards available makes it hard for me to build something. I know that my standard deck is legal in modern but it feels like I am going to have my rear end handed to me if I do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Monored is a good enough deck that is fairly cheap. I think only the goblin guides are expensive.

Lightning bolt
Rift bolt
Lava spike
Goblin guide
Keldon marauders

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I have a business trip to Houston coming up in June. Where should I play there and what days? Modern or limited.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
i hope the next set is on muraganda. I want magic dinosaurs and poo poo.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
City of brass had been printed 8 times. I think this one will end up being more in the long run. I'm going to pick up as many as I can.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I just figured there was a pro tour going on somewhere. I barely pay attention to that stuff if it isn't drive able (and I hear about those from the nerds at my shop).

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Devor posted:

Persist fails if the card isn't in the graveyard when it resolves - so if you order it Persist, Athreos, then Athreos resolves and the card will be in your hand, and Persist will fizzle.

But Athreos doesn't say anything about the location when the ability resolves, so you could do Athreos, Persist, and the card would re-enter the battlefield from Persist, then return to your hand from Athreos. Yeah?

Nah, new object, etc.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
If you have just 1 of each and you choose one at random, then your opponent chooses one at random, it ends up as a 50% chance.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Think it might have got lost in the last few pages of questions, but is there any decent replacement for Chord of Calling in a modern Pod deck? It's like the only piece of the deck I don't have, and of course it's the most expensive. It looks like a fun build and I'd love to try it out, but I'm not really interested in dropping like $120 on a playset to test it out.

Uhhhh weird harvest? Summoners pact?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
blinding flare is going to bring horobi to dominance in modern.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Anyone use prophetic flamespeaker this weekend? I opened one at the 2hg but we ended up both building durdle decks which he didn't really fit into.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

edit: gently caress wrong thread.

is it worth it to buy a cold snap box?

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 8, 2014

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
The chipmunk IS the +1/+1 counter. Ajani is covering ghor-clan Rampagers in chipmunks. This let's them do more damage because

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Is there anywhere to play by Georgia Tech in Atlanta that would have any playing Wednesday night this week? I'm traveling for work and if I am able to walk to a draft, I probably will.

edit: wizard's store locator just gives the convention centers for big events.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Clamp is pretty good in limited though. You're either clamping to draw 2 (and burying people in CA) or beefing a guy up to trade above his weight AND drawing 2.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
It might just be that parley itself is defined as instant speed.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
He's allowed to not pay, then the guy can't attack. So he's a beefy blocker (5/5?)

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Samurai and ninjas are coming in October. I can feel it.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Kenzo the hard-hearted is a beast in combat. 5/6 double strike. Eat poo poo tarmogoyf

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
anti-thoughtseize card:

pure intentions from SoK.

It is poop :(

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Angry Grimace posted:

My friend just handed me a shoebox filled with old cards. Almost all of them are from Mirrodin and Onslaught. Anything I should look for? I already put the fetchlands in my trade binder.

Reiver demon isn't worth anything but he is awesome. Terror everything!

He's like the Spinal Tap of Mirrodin, none more black.

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 28, 2014

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Unlimited print run right? I'm thinking 2 or 3 boxes. 2 to draft, maybe a 3rd to sit on and draft in a few years

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Tribute question: if it is paid, the counter counts for evolve, correct? Just like unleash?

What about if it isn't paid? Then it causes an etb trigger so no evolve?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Kinda bummed it works that way.

I've got a gruul aggro modern deck with 2 flex spots and I'm considering burning-tree shaman, fanatic of xenagos or a sorcery burn spell like pillar of flame/flame slash. It'd be nice if fanatic always counted as a 4/4 for evolve purposes.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

jassi007 posted:

Fanatic isn't good enough for modern. Posy a decklist? I helped a friend build a Naya aggro deck for modern it is really fast.

http://deckbox.org/sets/424790

I played it last summer basically. So this is pre nacatl unban. I considered splashing white for pte/nacatl but I don't think it is worth it.

T1: E1
T2: BTE into nacatl and vexing devil, swing 4, opponent at 12 (assuming no fetch/shocks), I have 9 power on the board...

Maybe I should put that splash back in.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Anyone ever play at Asgard games in Houston? I'm going to Houston next week for work and might play modern there on Wed if I can swing it.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Maybe in khans vanilla creatures will be full art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

whydirt posted:

Because we're not going to Garruk's funeral.

But we did go to Mirari's?

• Locked thread