Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

oryx posted:

Oh man, reddit surfaced the most obvious cheat ever caught on a FLG's twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/themeadery/b/502411769

Starts at minute 49:00 when the right-hand player starts resolving primal command. So obvious it's just mind boggling.

This is comically bad cheating. Like, the casual thumbing through the top few cards could be straight out of some walk the planes skit with Holt or whoever making exaggerated HMMMMM's and doing other various dead giveaways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Aluren going off on SCG. So refreshing to see.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Bonus posted:

haha I don't know if it's just me today or is Patrick Chapin really funny once again. He's talking about vietnam and KFC and whatever and I'm just cracking up

I'll still randomly think of him saying 'scryed it to the bottom now we're here' and curse the fact i'll never be able to explain or use that line in any real life context and have it be as funny as it should be.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Keranos has got to be in the top tier of gods, better than xenagos, probably better than ephara. It's either card advantage through drawing, card advantage through removing threats or a clock. I suppose it doesn't deal with DD, polukranos or courser though.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Being able to flip a dead land draw into your hand automatically and get a fresh card as well is pretty bonkers and absolutely better than most of the abilities on the gods so far.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Ajani adding a boatload of counters every turn seems scary and being able to reload after verdict seems equally good. I'm pretty sure a g/w midrange or big naya deck is still too clunky but he is a good fit.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Fleet seems strong, but still not poised well with verdict running around. The new CoB is cool, but nothing to write home. I'm just pissed they are going to remove Heartbeat of Spring from the mtgo cube to replace it with the new one and screw up my curve.

The 7B mythic could do a ton of work against the right deck, but its probably unplayable even with Nykthos running around.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

MiddleEastBeast posted:

JOU is kicking BNG's rear end like there's no tomorrow.

Yea, it's almost jarring how different the two sets feel so far.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I want whoever designed this set to be in charge going forward. The cards might not be super powerful but there are some really interesting designs and it just feels like the right mix of casual and impactful. I don't think BotG was a huge miss, but compared to this set it looks like a pile of puke.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I really hope that some sort of janky astral slide deck comes out of the constellation flicker enchantment.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's basically not. His -2 is relevant against all of 5 decks: Tezzerator, which hey could be marginal, BUG, where the only things you're jacking are value creatures, Stoneblade, which is definitely a legitimate use, MUD where again, it's legitimate, and Affinity, which probably won't care. 3 of those decks see slight play at best.

So it basically comes down to his +1, which is really good, but probably not worth the card if that's all it will do.

Perma-steal a Batterskull or Jitte is huge game. Even just having him down makes dropping either a no win situation. Even just having him in your list makes playing either dicey.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I played some theros draft with p1p1 being Eidolon of Blossoms and it ended up being just about as nutty as this match on stream. Such a good card.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

These at mythic are so underwhelming. This is the one that makes some sorta sense, as when you untap, you can swing freely (at a high cost) but its still pretty miserable.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I think he is a little weak, but only a little. 3/3 deathrouchers every turn is nothing to sneeze at and, if he can land, he checks Elspeth while ticking up. There aren't a ton of PW's running around standard, however, and 7 seems too late to be that impactful, especially if he is not drawing cards.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

The March Hare posted:

PSA don't play heartbeat of spring in your sick ramp deck. You don't need it. Can't remember if I streamed it or not, but I had a dude drop heartbeat and I untapped and played Nicole Breezey and exiled that thing. It is a really really dangerous card against basically all decks.

i'm really biased because I've done some really fun things with heartbeat, but most times I run it out early, the opponent has very few ways to go as big or bigger than me. I could case less if they pop out a Wurmcoil, when I untap, its pretty much game over.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

:siren: Ensouled Ornithopter being played by a pro tour champ :siren:

WotC stream looks like its being filmed with a camera from a decade ago.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I wonder if there is any sort of morph dual land in the works, and if there is , would they be strong enough for rare or would they be a cycle of uncommon lands. You'd have to imagine the second time around with morph they have to go to some crazier design space.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Holy blowout Selesnya Charm versus Golgari charm.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Wasn't that when DRS was banned in modern?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

They could have easily nerfed it and put it at sorcery speed. As an instant it's pretty decent.

It's hard for me to imagine a standard that has 3 color spells as the norm. I wasn't playing during shards, but it's just so outside of what works in standard now. I'm excited to see how they are gonna push the format in that direction (fetches, probably)

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Dies to Typhoid Rats

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

From the mothership:

The green sorcery could get out of hand in some pseudo combo deck. As always this is contingent on hand and deck filtering.

The enchantment is probably too cute for pod but it's a fun idea.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Note that getting two creatures to get haste online required some creative tapping, as it will automatically assign all the mana to one guy. I'm not even sure it works, as every time I try to do it I tap incorrectly and lock myself into only casting one.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

This must be a really wonky set for limited and its cards like that Roc at mythic that have me really curious as to what they have planned. If this set was designed largely around the 'turn' of drafting the small set with both large sets, there are probably some balance issues and they are certainly showing.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

That black morph ambusher is a really high pick in draft.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Eh, I'd still probably play the turtle in limited because ain't nothing getting past a 5/9. Still, with 20 more uncommons, you have to wonder what the gently caress they are putting in those slots. This set seems underpowered so far.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Am I missing what makes that rare?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Again, am I missing something? We just had a 2gb 4/5 with three really good abilities. If this guy was a 4/5 for 3G, drain 3 gain 3, he'd be a boring uncommon at best. These are just really vanilla creatures and the rarity makes no sense.

I suppose I wasn't around for last shard block, but these are hardly never coming down t4 in limited, right?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Karsten makes some really good points about both blue draw spells and as much as I'm a fan of non blue decks in legacy, a part of me thinks it would be hilarious if playing anything other than blue was not viable.

I think he is dead on about how easy it is to enable delve in common cantrip heavy blue decks and I'm extremely curious to see how the format shakes out with these cards in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Counterpoint: opened a fat pack, got 2 Mantis Riders, a Mardu Ascendancy, a Bloodsoaked Champion and nothing else worth nothing. I've been playing for like 15 years and I still get angry opening trash.

• Locked thread