Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Binder org is easy

* Faction
** Card type (do not combine types on same binder page or updating doesn't work)
*** Release order

I don't understand please elaborate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Zephro posted:

Thanks for the LOTRO advice. Bought a core set today, looking forward to playing around with it!

I can tell you are a natural, because you're already calling it LOTRO :yotj:

Be sure to visit https://hallofbeorn.wordpress.com/beorns-path/ because the Core set is sort of a warped experience in terms of what to expect from quest difficulty and player card power.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 16, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The Dread Realm is out! In honor of the fact that the spirit cards are clearly going to work better with Spirit Glorfindel than Arwen, post your GlorfindelXAragorn slashart!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Edit-misread

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Zephro posted:

FFG show it as On The Boat, so it shouldn't be too long.

Welcome the FFG community :getin:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Wouldn't Asmo giving out privileges to FLGS-es create a bubble if the FLGS can't survive without extra help?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

S.J. posted:

CSI has a distribution account, not a retail account. You can't really decrease the cost of things for your FLGS to compete against CSI because they're at completely different cost brackets to begin with.

I mean in terms of the strategy of growing and fostering LGS's. Like the comic book crash.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

sassassin posted:

What happens if I draw two Goblin Snipers when setting up the Anduin mission? Neither can be engaged if there is any other enemy in the staging area, so am I just hosed?
Got a Gandalf? Or a player card that makes guys engage you?

sassassin posted:

My decks can deal with the troll no problem, but not before locations pile up and even my secrecy deck hits 35/40 threat. Or I draw the second troll.

Enemies don't engage you so sprint before the deck piles up.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 1, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I instantly thought of Forbidden Island.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Starting with less than 3 heroes isn't really a thing, but The upcoming Grey Havens cycle will apparently support it.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 9, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Single Tight Female posted:

I'd honestly say Mount Gram is the third easiest quest in the whole game, after Passage through Mirkwood and Emyn Muil. Just start a 3 willpower hero and off you go.

That's a pretty big exaggeration, the deck has lots of tricks.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Am I reading Into Ithilien correctly that a 5 strength guy will auto-attack each player unless you clear the location turn one?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Should I play Conquest or Thrones? i like both settings.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Fetterkey posted:

Depends on what size of game you prefer - Conquest is better for 1v1,

Elaborate please, aside from the fact that 3+ player conquest doesn't exist.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 24, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Boco_T posted:

RIP in peace Arwen, died on the road to Rivendell after 2 "deal 1 damage" effects came off the Encounter deck in the same turn and I didn't engage the evil crows so I wasn't able to Hasty Stroke the second one.

I lost a turn 1 Return To Mirkwood where 2 King spiders tapped my defenders and undefended went straight to Gollum

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can anyone recommend a good guide/article series on Conquest deckbuilding/strategy?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Quests tend to be harder the newer they are.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Speaking of Hobbits and Dwarves the Saga expansions are good second purchases. And don't be afraid to do easy mode until you are pretty comfortable.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

In Warhammer is Promotion really 3x in most decks? If so thats disappointing, since I like to make lots of decks without proxying.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are you saying its a common promo card?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

There are barely any 2 for 2's in the entire game, could you clarify?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Speaking of Hobbit how am I supposed to kill the trolls when I can only send one guy to attack them?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

You can attack 1 enemy with multiple guys in LOTR. You can only block with 1 guy though.

Tom the Troll prevents trolls from being attacked by more than one character

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

My houserule is that if you have the same heroes by Flies and Spiders, you get the troll treasures even if you didn't earn them, but not during Misty Mountains and Goblin Town.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Cthullu was the one killed for Legend.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does anyone know the actual sales Totem Pole?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do you deal a feinted enemy a shadow card and it stays there?

Does the Power of Mordor count itself?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 15, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

Feint - yeah deal it a shados card at the start of phase since feint happens after dealing cards. Then discard it whenever but officially discard at the end of the phase.

End of phase? Why? Is it resolved?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I dont think thats true, Carn Dum relies on shadow cards being piled up.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

sassassin posted:

Journey Down the Anduin ended with 11 enemies lurching into combat at once at stage 3.

Elrohir could only block 7 of them.

Details plz.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can anyone confirm if Song of wisdom actually makes someone a Lore character?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Is there anywhere on earth to get the Watcher in the Water or Redhorn Gate adventure packs right now?

It's always something isn't it?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

THAT'S how they're handling reanimation? A healing event!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What are the issues with MTG?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

It's certainly better than that raven business.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Lotr is the best value because it can still work if your friends don't like it after some time.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Yes. A specific FAQ rule.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Am I understanding correctly that the Hobbit Cycle / LOTR Cycle can be played without anything from the previous cycles?

I would recommend easy mode though.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Flight of the Stormcaller is out and Leadership Denethor is Pure Sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

mongol posted:

Conflict at the Carrock. You get Frodo's Hero card, as well as my favorite quest from the cycle.

So all 4 trolls show up regardless of how many players?