Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

It was less "oh gently caress printings messed" as it was people were really sick of Emperor Edition, and tournament organizers were asking for another Kolat Edition so they could run ivory tournaments instead.

EDIT: They're pretty good at listening to the community imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Wasn't the original release supposed to be January instead of end of February/March? Anyway I remember Emperor itself was delayed, but it's definitely not as bad as FFG's production delays.

Can't find anything on the net about it being delayed. Emperor was pretty messed up though, yeah.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

kannonfodder posted:

I feel like most of 40k (including the main game) seem to forget that traitor legions exist.

Question for this thread, I've been interested in getting a LCG for a while now, something to play board game style with my friends, is the Game of Thrones one a good choice? And if so, what would be the recommended stuff to get for beginners?

the pairing of Orks and IG feels more like a gameplay thing to me; since both (can) use both swarmy tactics.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Jedit posted:

The third Shadowfist LCG Kickstarter just went live. If you haven't tried it before, $150 gets you the base game, the extension and the first six expansions plus two Action Packs with duplicates of staple cards for deckbuilding. It's a really good game - I did an LP of it once, though you'll need Archives to read it.

I assume thats "The Sergeant" one? This game looks interesting, have you got a link to your LP?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Jedit posted:

I'm afraid not, because I don't have Archives. If you're searching it's titled "Welcome to the Secret War".

Unfortunately the Search was unable to find it :(

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

InShaneee posted:

Should be this thread here, so long as you have archives.

Thanks! The forums search was being distinctly unhelpful.

EDIT: Shadowfist seems cool: I'll probably back that kickstarter.

PrinnySquadron fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 3, 2014

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Jedit posted:

Thanks for finding that, not having Archives I couldn't. Hopefully all the photos still work; they're pretty much essential to tracking what's going on.

Yeah, I can confirm they work fine.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Someone I know bought the new New Player Basic Box or whatever its called recently to board game night. It's a fun game, though combat can be kiiiiiind of headache due to the whole Speed thing.

Might pick up the basic box since it comes with 5 decks + 5 foil resources(which look real nice: way better than the default) + 5 random foils.

EDIT: We were looking at getting more but we have no idea whether its worth getting older sets or if they're rebooting the entire thing.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm so conflicted about this and I can't say why: I love FFGs games, but at the same time I still feel kinda down about it.

(FFG card design for it is almost certainly going to be be better than AEGs, to be honest)

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Dueling is probably my least-favourite mechanic in L5R, next to the old version of Cavalry.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

It's a once-per turn engage action to move one unit to a battefield now, instead of a whole separate assignment.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

It's a lot better since it now forces Unicorn to pay attention to assigning rather than pretty much ignoring what the Defender is assigning.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Apparently Arkham Horror Card Game is coming:
http://www.polyhedroncollider.com/2016/05/leaked-images-tease-arkham-horror-card.html

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Sounds kinda like its going to be LOTR-style. I could see it working.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I would have expected they'd gone the "adventure card game" route like they did with Warhammer Quest. Seems like a better fit than another LCG but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

I suppose they already have Eldritch Horror/Elder Sign for this kind of thing so I imagine this would be designed as something easier to expand.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

SuperKlaus posted:

Right there with you. Scorpion clan supremacy, Shosuro family forever.

:allears:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, they said they had some cards ready to show, but decided that one character was too much of a spoiler? More infos coming on the 19th April though.

More Art dump: The Seven Thunders from Seige: Clan War were awesome.

EDIT: If any of you are based in the UK, Patriot Games in Sheffield is doing one last Kotei before the FFG game comes out, Modern format.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm very excited: I#m pretty sure FFG will do a good job and it'll be nice to lose some of the mechanical baggage the CCG had towards the end.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The Fading thing is weird, but I'm interested to see how it actually works out: hopefully it'll lead to less board stalls.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Ask Me For Warez posted:

I'm just sad it's 2 players only. Multiplayer L5R was where it was at.

I gotta admit, the only multiplayer I ever saw played was Suicide.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Eh, I'm glad of glad I will hopefully never have to play the equivalent of the EE Spider Ninja deck where it was near impossible to actually engage them. Ditto for a lot of Unicorn decks.

I'm pretty positive about the changes, to be honest: no longer losing provinces prevents the spiral of "Welp, I'm down two provinces better hope I never have a bad flip".

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

There are some example provinces here:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/legend-five-rings-showcase/

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm curious why you think there's no room for big splashy effects: I'd assume you could do big splashy characters pretty easily, they just won't stick around for as long as some smaller dudes, but may make more of impact.

On the other hand, they haven't really shown anything about the economy stuff yet, which I'll be interested to see.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I miss the keywords as well. Question for anyone who played the game till the end: Did they ever print a character that had more than 3 lines of keywords? I remember a lot of the Champions had 3 lines of keywords, but I don't remember if any broke 4. Which character had the most keywords?

Kanpeki had a whoole bunch by the end:

http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=12327,#hashid=2d12740441d52fb4ec02193adac637f0,#cardcount=19

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

It interesting because they've changed a lot. Defence is gone, 3 resources per turn, spheres now require a certain number of matching heroes.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I find the back-and-forth a bit more interesting than the base game sort of just dumping a ton of stuff.

And yeah, the VA is a bit hit-and-miss: something seems off about legolas' audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/4/5/venomous-sting/

Agent Venom after Drax