Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
That was the most sassassin response you could have given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

I was already dreaming up some cool decks with him, but drat you're right about that art. Horribad.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Hauki posted:

Any eta on when the Khazad dum cycle is coming back? I thought they were just reprinted, but they seem to either be (partially) out of stock or marked way the gently caress up wherever I look. A lot of places have like, four out of the six but are missing the first two in the cycle or whatever, I'd rather get them in order.

It'll be a bit since it was just re-printed. Their "upcoming" section of the site has it in the "Awaiting reprint" phase.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Bottom Liner posted:

Anywhere to get a LotR play mat without resorting to custom or ebay prices for old OP kit mats that are used? As far as I can tell FFG never made any for retail.

I have last years fellowship event mat and a custom one :/ That said if you keep tabs on the custom sites and wait for a sale (they happen a couple of times a year) you can get a pretty solid deal on one.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

I AM CARVALLO posted:

Word on the street is that Conquest playtesters haven't gotten anything to test in a while and it's possibly on the way out. Anyone else heard anything like this?

Rumors of a LCG ending?! I've never heard anything of the sort in all my years.
But really I have no idea because they poo poo like this all the time about everything except Netrunner (and now GoT2).

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
My local shop was like "Oh, I didn't know anyone played LOTR" :(
That said, wooooooow. I am loving this branching out into the lore that FFG has going on.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm sure that they'll come up with one more deluxe to highlight a location/theme that'll annoy you :)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Hah. Someone already forked an Arkham DB deckbuilding site.
http://arkhamdb.com/

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
More Arkham LCG info. About Campaign and leveling up: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/7/uncovering-the-truth/

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Also a full playset of cards in Arkham will require 2 cores.
...I'll probably just start with 1 unlike almost everyone I know haha.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

frgildan posted:

I played it at Gen Con and had alot of fun playing it so I'm going to do two cores.

Same, but I am wary enough of the bag for checks that I am willing to hold off.
I mean heck, I probably had like 50 plays of LOTR before I got the missing cards I needed. Also since it is co-op I tend to just proxy stuff I need when it comes to multiple sets.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

frgildan posted:

Yea the rumor was that it was going to be the secret Gen Con release. I was slightly bummed when I heard it wasn't but alittle more after I got to demo it. After playing I really wanted a copy to start ripping into it. It scratches the same itch as lotr.

I'm thinking that gameplay-wise it will scratch a similar itch...but the deck building seems to be far easier.
I am hoping that it will sit in a pretty spot of good gameplay but less intense deck building. Sometimes I want to make a LOTR deck to crush X scenario or make a silly deck to throw at a few different scenarios...and sometimes I just want to play with a lot less introduction.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Ahhh interesting. So there is no cycle with the Core like in LOTR instead jumping right into a deluxe + cycle.
So my question is how does this work with the exp and leveling up of your deck? If you continue with the same char/deck as the core box does it continue to gain exp and level up or does it reset the deck/char because this is a new campaign?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
E: ^^ Yes, don't pay a crazy price anywhere. FFG does a good job of cycling through the older deluxes/APs and reprinting them. Check https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/ for more information. Says it is on the boat, so figure 1-2 months.

My guess for Arkham Horror LCG is the week of the 17th, right after the Arkham Nights where it will be released first.
Oh my god I cannot wait though.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 4, 2016

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
If it is in shipping now then it'll probably be available next week online.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Max posted:

Hey hey, Arkham Horror has just been updated to "Shipping Now" on their site. Will probably be available next Thursday.

My guess is the 10th, but either way OMFG FINALLY GIVE IT TO ME NOW FFG.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Sigh, looks like no Arkham for me for a while. I convinced myself to find a local copy today and then have the full playsets when my pre-ordered copy arrives next week. But most of the shops I called didn't even know what I was talking about much less have AH LCG in stock.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

ConfusedUs posted:

Whoa really?

I pulled the -8 token against one of those and thought I just instantly died. Made me swear off the higher difficulties.

Yeah...
Check out the Modifiers section of the Rule Book, it'll explain that. A big gotcha that a lot of us have run into.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm of the opinion currently that you should start with Arkham Horror right now. It seems to have learned a lot from LOTR which started off comparatively rough. If you skip right to the later LOTR quests that are designed far better it'll be pretty tough with out a decent card pool.
Plus with AH LCG the investment is so much smaller to see if the co-op LCG works for you haha. Don't have that whole mega back catalog to question if you should buy them or worry about when they'll be reprinted.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

GrandpaPants posted:

For some reason, I feel like Arkham Horror is a game best enjoyed in cycles/campaigns, rather than as single packs. Then again, I feel the same way about most of the LCGs, so maybe I am just biased. Do we know if Dunwich Legacy is a small campaign or a lead into a long campaign?

I believe the entire cycle makes up the campaign so that it would be the start of one.

E: from here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/the-dunwich-legacy/
"The Dunwich Legacy doesn't just allow you to explore two new scenarios and their challenges; it serves as the introduction to the whole The Dunwich Legacy campaign, the subsequent chapters of which will be released in an upcoming cycle of Mythos Packs."

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 7, 2016

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
drat son! That is pretty dang epic.

And Yay! Dunwich Legacy officially is released! https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/12/a-new-terror-comes-to-arkham/

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

dexefiend posted:

Arkham Horror Question: is there any reason i can't put 2 On the Lam's in my Skids deck?

The star symbol for unique simply says i can only have one in play. Furthermore, On the Lam isnt unique (since it is never in play).

The designer apparently answered this before:

quote:

You cannot. It’s not technically a normal neutral card, since it has no level. Roland, for example, can include level 0-5 neutral cards, but cards with no level at all can only be included if something explicitly allows you to (in this case, the Deckbuilding Requirements section of his card). Same goes for scenario specific story-assets; if you earn a specific asset thanks to a particular scenario resolution, you can’t include a second copy of that asset by purchasing another copy of that expansion.

(Note: the templating of investigator-specific cards printed in the core set is actually identical to that of normal level 0 neutral cards, i.e. the area for xp pips is still present under the cost. This will be fixed in future printings of the core set to to use the same templating as story assets.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Bottom Liner posted:

I love the Star Wars pod design and would love to see it in another game.

I really really wish I had gotten my friends interest in SW LCG. I think they would have loved the pod system. I certainly enjoyed it for my limited exposure.