Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Edit: Also is this thread only for Fantasy Flight games? Or would discussing Mage Wars and Pathfinder Adventure cards be fine too?

I would imagine that is kosher. FFG just has the trademark on the name "LCG" not the distribution model.

I would love to see what a game between two good MW players looked like. I found the game lacking in fun myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So should I get into Doomtown:Reloaded? BGG seems excited, but they have burnt me before.

LOVE: Netrunner, LoTR LCG

Like: Warhammer LCG, MtG, Summoner Wars

Dislike: Star Wars LCG, Mage Wars, AGoT LCG

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 19, 2014

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

omnibobb posted:

Somebody did the math (earlier in this thread I believe) and a 3rd Conquest nets you something like 72 nonredundant cards. The 3rd Netrunner gives you 11.

I bought my 3rd Netrunner box sans the tokens/box for quite a steal. I'm sure you will be able to do the same with Conquest down the road.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I wish someone was doing this to their LoTR cards :)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So I bought a bunch of LOTR stuff and was wondering how people play? I can either start with the low difficulty stuff or go by release date? I know the saga expansions are special in that they have card lists, but what about the other stuff? Will the quests be too easy if I have access to everything?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

CoolStuffInc has some Warhammer and DoomTown on sale.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rockker posted:

Looks like FFG has a preview up of the Game of Thrones TCG second edition (basically a reboot of the current game)

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/4/the-only-game-that-matters/

Big fan of the current game, looking forward to the new Night's Watch and House Tyrell factions in this.

I really hated the GoT LCG. Does this reboot change enough to sway me?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rusty Kettle posted:

You have now secured FFG as my first stop. Really looking forward to the 'nids.

Also my first stop. We can be line buddies!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Maybe FFG will make a ruleset that isn't impossible for newbies?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Binder org is easy

* Faction
** Card type (do not combine types on same binder page or updating doesn't work)
*** Release order

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yes but as people pointed out, eventually you'll run out of space between factions and have to reorganize. It also uses a lot of extra pages if you are using a whole page for 2 agendas or whatever.

Assuming you buy everything it will always be filling up. Some pages have 1 card, some have 9, it averages out to be just fine. I have all Netrunner in 4x 1" binders. I think I can get through Mumbad before making a choice for another binder. Also, what is "space between factions?". Once you need to reorganize everything is ready to go into a new binder. I don't mind every major Faction eventually having a binder. I made sure to buy 7 in the same style, but different colors :spergin:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

It's still expensive and time consuming (in deck building and sorting). For $3 I have a 1600 card long box and set of dividers for the various factions and card types. Bonus: the cards can all be sleeved in these boxes and that still comes out cheaper than buying binders.

Unless you use penny sleeves this can't be correct.

Edit: 100x 9 pocket Ultra Pro is 15 bucks, you need two at this point probably. That's 30 bucks. Binder is like 2 dollars. Sleeving active decks is a pain, sure, but I can't see cost being an issue with binders.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 10, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I played three games of Conquest yesterday and it was swingy as hell with 6 different decks. Is this game good with tournament quality decks, or is it swingy too?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Is there a jinteki.net for LotR LCG yet?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

David Sirlin is a shitlord. He is the Donald Trump of boardgame designers. Truth.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

You mean you don't already own every pack and have preordered the next one? :cmon:

For poo poo's sake I decided to see the cost of doing this using CSI price.

1x Core Set = 29.99
4x Deluxe Expansions = 90
5x Saga Expansions = 112.50
27 Adventure Packs = 305.10

$537.60 to complete my set. Ouch. And that's before nightmare decks.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The cycle after Mirkwood is "on the boat"

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

For anyone wanting to know more about the Gencon mega 12-person LoTR:LCG thing, The Siege of Annuminas. This is what I got after registering. I am planning on going with an Ent deck. Pretty stoked.

quote:

Fantasy Flight Games presents a Gen Con 2016 special event for 1-12 players: The Siege of Annuminas! In this unique scenario for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game players must protect the Dunedain city of Annuminas from the ravaging hordes of Angmar. Players may play the scenario as a single team of 1-4 players in standard mode, or join two other teams to play the scenario in epic multiplayer mode. Each team must defeat their own stage in order for the players as a group to save the city and win the game. Epic multiplayer mode divides a group of 3-12 players into 3 teams who play at 3 different stages simultaneously. Each stage is its own game with its own staging area and requires its own encounter deck to play. Participating players will each receive a copy of the Gen Con-exclusive quest “The Siege of Annuminas”, however we will provide copies of the encounter deck to play with at the event so players need not use their own. Each player must bring a deck, threat dial, and tokens to participate. Players participate in this event as part of a team of up to 4 players. If you do not have a team, we will do our best to match you with other available players. Each group will consist of up to three 4-player teams. Within each 4-player team, a Hero cannot be duplicated, however, multiple players may play the same Hero in the same group, but will be seated in separate teams. In an effort to help build groups for the event, please show up early and allow some time at the beginning of the event to be paired with your team before play can begin.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I imagine they will impact each other somehow. Like is group A doesn't kill the Orc master you need more questing for stage 2b at group b or something.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Foehammer posted:

e: So basically to pre-Asmodee pricing :v:

Yeah, I was excited until I saw how little it was discounted in truth.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

tokenbrownguy posted:

Still trying to offload my full GoT set, lemme know if you're looking to bust in on the game on the cheap.

I would buy all your non-core offerings.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Deviant posted:

Anyone interested in purchasing an AGOT 2.0 Lot?

I have 3x cores already, if you wanna split

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

So do you think FFG is going to kill the Star Wars LCG now with Destiny being their new darling? I can't really see them designing/supporting both, even if the new game looks like poo poo.

Game looks like hot garbage.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Literally The Worst posted:

What fuckin world are you living in

Pathfinder ACG does suck.

In other news I played the monster 12 person LOtR LCG: Siege of Annúminas at GenCon and got our asses handed to us twice. Both times were do to the other groups, not us though :smug:

It has some grade A bullshit cards included in the quest.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Looking to unload some LOTR stuff since I play so rarely.

2x Core set
First cycle
A few of 2nd cycle
Hobbit: over under
Hobbit: on doorstep
Khaza dum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

That's why I hate FFG's previews coming like 6 months or more before release date, it constantly puts the focus on the future of their games instead of the current state.

loving agreed