Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Good OP. Now if my copy would just arrive already...

Some additional information for people just starting:

You can start on Easy mode or Normal mode. Easy mode replenishes your health after battle, reduces enemy stats by 25%, has enemies give more EP but less money and slightly weaker ability drops, and reduces the cost of some EP abilities. Also, you can escape from battle without losing an hour of time. Beating the game on Easy still unlocks Hard mode. Many reviews have recommended starting on Easy, as apparently a lot of bosses can feel like brick walls if you're not good with the battle system.

If the worst happens and you run out of days before completing the main questlines, you can keep all your stuff in a sort of NG+ lite. You don't get some options that open up by beating the game (like weapon upgrading), but you should start off stronger and richer with all your items, garbs, etc. already acquired. All quests reset though; if you complete them again, you'll typically get a reduced stat reward and probably extra money instead of garbs or accessories or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Incidentally, screw the postal service. UPS dropped the game off with my city Post Office, because apparently a delivery service that actually delivers things is so passé. The Post Office has now proceeded to sit on it for three full days, possibly hoping it'll hatch if they're patient enough.

So anyways, playing through the demo and submitting your score is supposed to get you two extra outfits, right?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

My copy was finally delivered, and I'm really enjoying this so far. I'd probably be getting my rear end kicked if I wasn't playing on Easy, and I still suck at swiching to my defensive schema in time, but I'm getting better.

Regarding the time limit: again, I'm on Easy, but I've been playing for 4 1/2 hours and just finished day 1 (which is much shorter than all the other days you get, for people who haven't played yet). Chronostatis spam let me explore Luxurion pretty thoroughly, and activated several teleporters in the Dead Dunes.

I guess I haven't been paying close attention, but it seems like playing on Easy restores a bit of health after battle, but not all of it? Or does it just regenerate your health while out of battle? Because I was coming out of fights in the Dead Dunes still at critical health and had to burn a few EP on Curagas instead of Chronostasis.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Syrant posted:

I thought it regenerated all your health after battle but I only saw the tool-tip once.

Yeah, I thought that's how it was supposed to work too, but I definitely got out of several battles with low health. I was using one of the Samurai outfits that sets regen at low health, and the one time I really paid attention to it my health was gradually increasing after the battle. So I was wondering if the Regen status persisted outside of battle and "overrode" the Easy-mode post-battle heal.

Aurain posted:

Use Potions to cure. There's not much point in using Curaga unless you're almost dead in a really close and important/long fight and most things will give you the 360 gil you need to replace it, not many will give you the EP to cover it early.

Well, I was satisfied with my Day 1 progress, so I didn't care if I ran out of EP since it was going to be restored shortly at the Ark. Also, I only had about 1 potion, and those don't even heal me to full.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I only wish I could wear the millionaire mustache and the top hat at the same time. You've really let me down, game.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Tempo 119 posted:

I went through the entire population of Cyclopses trying to take a good photo, had to settle for this last attempt before they went extinct and the Last One colouring on the sword and monster makes it kind of unintelligible :(

If you find it in the world though, you can buy the Bonecracker :v:

Edit: there's a bulletin on the title screen saying there's a problem with the Cloud DLC gear not showing up in the 360 version, has anyone experienced this? That's the version I'm on and it works for me. When I saw the big red "Graphics Issue" title I thought it would be about how Desert Sahagins completely murder the framerate.

Trying to get a really great Cyclops taint shot?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The storyline is completely forgivable because you can make Lightning look totally stupid, so the whole thing becomes an over-the-top parody of itself. Wearing a stupid mustache during the Yusnaan performance is just the greatest thing ever.

drat, this game keeps me up later every night.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Nah, it's not that long. I read that it was 30 minutes of game time, and each minute of game time is 3 seconds. So supposedly it's 90 real-world seconds, not counting fights/conversations/menus. That goes pretty fast if you're not getting in a lot of fights or talking to people or sitting in the menu.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I think the monster spawn rate in Jagd forest may be just a BIT too high. I genocided two of the three species that spawn there on the first day I visited just by exploring, and probably would've killed off the last species if I didn't start actively avoiding them. Still, I was OK with Dryads being my first extinction. gently caress those guys.

So I'm pretty much ready to finish the Dead Dunes main quest, but I don't want to give up Fang. Guess I better start genociding those Earth Eaters while the genociding is good.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

Anyone know if using the hybrid element spells like Icespark and Flamestorm are the same as/worse than just taking Fire/Blizzard/Etc? My main mage schema is the Witching Hour and i'm just rolling hybrid spells on two slots and imperil/ruinga on the other. I just tried Aeronite and boy was my imperil then nuke strategy not working at all.

I guess they're useful in the sense that you can cover all four elements with only two ability slots, but I think they're less effective in damage vs. ATB cost than single element spells, especially if the enemy is only weak in one element.

chumbler posted:

Well, their combo chain is a little shorter so you get to the finisher faster, and you can set up a 4 element + imperil/deshell setup more easily, but I think the price you pay is net damage is a tad lower (don't recall the ratios off the top of my head). I generally just go for the element+ garb that is appropriate for the region I'm in since almost everything already has a weakness in the first place, somewhat reducing the value of imperil.

On a side note, anyone have any particularly interesting/odd setups they like? Debuffer quiet guardian/paladin with a magic schema and a physical schema (helter skelter because it's overpowered as hell, if rather unfortunately named) is certainly effective, but gets a bit boring.

I've been sticking with physical/magical/defense&debuff because it's really effective, but I switch up which garbs I use for those slots pretty regularly, especially if I'm only fighting randoms. I think it'd throw off my performance if I really started messing with the roles I have in different slots.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

McDragon posted:

Just the final dungeon jerks next I guess. Almost finished all the Prayer quests as well, but 30 Flanitors are a bitch to find later on in the game, so that one's going on the backlog.

Apparently Flanitors spawn in the courtyard in front of the Patron's palace from 06:00-16:00.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So apparently if you end Day 1 in the Warrens, you can warp back there at the beginning of Day 2, letting you get the most irritating of the 4 Luxerion main quest numbers right away.

RoboJoe posted:

I've got an actual game question this time: How do I not suck?

I read the OP but I can't really find the help I need there (unless I'm just dumb, sorry).

To clarify this, I'm on the second day, it's gone midnight and I'm off trying to get the Shadow Hunter. I went into the Graveyard and some winged flying demon things are doing something like half my life bar in a single attack. I was doing okay against most enemies up until this point, the ones in the starting city and few in other locations I poked around a little like the Wildlands and Yusnaan (even the guys in the city there were quite difficult), but then these flying things turn up. I ran away from the flying demons because I reloaded as I couldn't kill them (and I also ran away from some huge monster things in the same area) and progressed to the next part of this quest line.

Now I'm fighting some robed dudes in the next part and these guys are being killed fine, but I get the Shadow Hunter and he UTTERLY destroys me so I don't even know what to do anymore.

Expanded questions:
As it's gone midnight on the second day I can't really go anywhere else, as I have to finish this quest on this night, or have I misunderstood?

What are some schemata I should be using at this point?

Can I buy new abilities for my schemata or only wait for them to drop and use the sorcery place to make them better?

I find it difficult to see and know when to block attacks, is there a good kind of tell for when you actually block? I know some attacks have their name displayed but it seems it could be multiple seconds before it hits and I'm standing there blocking doing very little.

Sorry for these simple questions, but I read through the thread trying to find advice but it seems most of the talk is about more endgame things and I'm trying to avoid reading the spoilers, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at the start :shobon: I realise I could restart the game on Easy mode but I don't really want to do that, I feel I'm just missing some fundamental things rather than needing to go to a lower difficulty. (Maybe I do actually suck at this game and should restart.)

Nearly every named attack is going to have a several second delay to allow you to switch to a defensive schema, so don't feel the need to start blocking right away. Of course, some give less time than others, like the aero spells from those Gaunts you were having trouble with. Also, in case the OP didn't make it clear, you can do "perfect timing" attacks in addition to blocks- if you press the attack button for an attack in a combo just as the previous attack is hitting (physical) or being launched (magical), you get a chime noise and do extra damage. It can be tricky to get the hang of, but every bit of extra damage helps.

I'd definitely suggest picking up Passion Rouge early from the outfitter right outside the Dead Dunes station- it comes with Deprotect and Deshell at level 2, which is great for early on. When you get those spells elsewhere, Quiet Guardian is probably the better defensive/debuff schema, but until then use Passion Rouge.

And I do suggest people restart on Easy if they're feeling pressured or overwhelmed by the time limit or battles. Battles can still be a challenge until you've gotten the hang of things. And your health doesn't instantly refill after battle like in XIII/-2, it just slowly regenerates, so if you're getting beaten up you still can't run around picking fights and just brute-forcing it.

But the double EP you get really does make the time limit even less of a factor. I've glanced at FAQs a bit, but I've done nearly everything by the end of Day 4. If you bother to use Chronostasis every now and then on Easy mode, you really have all the time you want to explore your surroundings. I imagine I'll have every quest done and almost every monster extinct by day 6, with 7 or 8 days of nothing to do.

Edit:

J-Spot posted:

What enemies drop Mediguard? Is there a list of drops anywhere online?

Here's a bestiary:
http://www.trueachievements.com/walkthroughpage.aspx?pageid=5998

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Well, that's kind of the issue with a lot of job systems. You kind of have to force yourself to use other things once you find a really good winning combo. That is why stuff like the Four Job Fiesta for FFV is fun because it basically forces you to figure out different ways to handle combat. LR obviously isn't as varied as FFV or Bravely Default but it still functions under basically the same logic of "here's a bunch of toys."'

The Hoods was certainly way too good for what they are though and really should have a more significant downside tied to them. The no-damage thing is theoretically a big deal but in reality it just gives you a schema to stick debuffs on.

To be fair, the debuffs in this game do OK damage if you've got a good magic stat, so using the hoods can make you immune to one type of damage at the cost of a lower damage output. However, you're right, the benefits totally outweigh the costs. I don't know how many times I opened up by having my defensive schema blow all their ATB on debuffs so that I couldn't even lift my shield, only to have the enemy flail at me helplessly anyways.

Fedule posted:

Can someone tell me what is the deal with Whirlwind Kick? Some people are swearing up and down that it's like totally amazing but it just seems to do not a great deal of damage and have a fancy animation. Am I missing something?

Even the various supermoves like Artemis Arrows and Whirlwind Kick heavily depend on the level of the original skill. So level 1 skills are not going to output very impressive damage against things like level 3 Beat Down or whatever.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Systematic System posted:

Luxerion's boss has a + version, if you fight him past Day 7. Yusnaan's, has both + and ++, Day 7, and Day 12 respectively. Dead Dunes' boss changes if you fight it past Day 7, but it only gets slightly stronger. And if the final boss has a + version if you fight him on day 14.

In general, the + versions of bosses drop better versions of the weapons you from fighting their normal versions. They also have doubled stats all around, and different AI/move sets.

From looking at the Bestiary, it seems like only Luxurion's boss has a different item drop on day 7+; the others stay the same no matter when you fight them. And Yusnaan's boss seems to change on day 7, then again on day 10 rather than 12. I suppose it could be wrong, since I haven't tested, but the guide otherwise seems very accurate.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

chumbler posted:

The elemental strikes/blitzes are attack. The tabs in the menu are trustworthy for that information. It gets murky for the blue mage and ninja unique skills, but those are supposedly attacks as well.

The Ninja skills damage is based on your magic stat, but do physical damage. They're just spells that go against the target's physical defense.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Fixed the link, but looks like I was beaten anyways. Well look at the crocea mors weapon in the divine wear dlc. It is a 2 hit weapon that is powerful while also having the lowest str reduction. You are literally doing 130% dmg per strike. The shield is also good since you can block basically all incoming damage, assuming you remember to block.

Yeah, but they both reduce your maximum health by ninety-five percent. That's a hard pill to swallow in a game where avoiding damage entirely is difficult.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i'm getting the Soul Fragment things and the game mentions that the Soul Seed guys give you one if you have a Soul Seed and something from the Moogle Village, i didn't see anything there when i did the first sidequest that sends you in there and when i got there first thing in the morning there didn't seem to be anything to interact with other than the field that i can't plant anything in. Am i suppose to just come back later when the moogles are actually out and about or something?

There's a quest you can get there from 19:00-07:00 called "Peace and Quiet, Kupo" involving some dryads. One of the quest rewards is a Moogle Fragment, which is what you need.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Good to see Jack Skellington still getting work.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Syrant posted:

Is there a thorough list of locations for the rare forge? I've found one list but it's just a handful of days covered in specific.

Well, there's this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUfAbw3bgpM

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Can every species go extinct or are some immune? Desdemona don't have a distribution when I examine them, which is troubling.

Yeah, if it doesn't have a distribution listing, it can't go extinct. Also, the Menonektons or whatever they're called (the bug guys) have a distribution listing, but it would be impossible to kill them all off, since it requires something like 65,500+ kills.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

It's really disappointing how poor the reviews and sales for this game have been. I think it's really a step in the right direction for their game design, but knowing SE's over-reactionary responses to critical reception, they'll never do something like this again.

Syrant posted:

Oh, sorry, I should clarify. I meant with times of appearance. I've seen a small list with some times on it but I wasn't sure if they're static or it is all just completely random.

Ah, well as far as I know it's completely random.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

:smugjones: "Meowmeowchocochow."

Man, those just get better and better if you talk to all of them (more than once).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Gerblyn posted:

So, it's day 7 and I've completed just about everything apart from some quests involving exterminating stuff. I noticed that enemies are already dropping better stuff like Aeroga and things, if I wait til day 11 or 12 will they drop even better stuff? Or can I go eradicate all life as we know it now without losing out?

Drops change (and monsters get stronger) on day 7, and again on day 10. So if you want the best drops, you should wait until day 10 to exterminate most things.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hmm I already exterminated Niblets, Gremlins, Dryads, Rafflesia, Miniflan, and those rear end in a top hat monkeys. What awesome things am I missing out on? I'm about to start day 9.

Most normal enemies drop the same skills on later days, just at a higher level. So Gremlins can drop any of the 4 basic elemental spells at level 1 for the first 6 days, but on days 7-9 they can drop level 2 versions, and on days 10-13 they can drop level 3 versions. However, they'll never start dropping Thundara or Thundaga or anything. There are some exceptions, though, like Dryads will start dropping Aerora in addition to Aero on day 7+. Also, a lot of enemies will start dropping malistones for skill upgrading on day 7 or 10.

For specifics on each monster, the bestiary has all the drops listed for the different days.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I kind of like the idea that Etro's a running gag in the FF games from now on. Whenever the world goes to poo poo, the protagonist can look at the camera and :shrug: "Oh, Etrooo!" and then there's some sitcom-y 'wah-wah' music.

You know, that'd be a relatively original idea! I can't think of many other fantasy series or tropes of a completely incompetent bumbling god controlling everything. Gods are usually depicted as competently omnipotent, passively non-invasive, or as assholes. Nobody really depicts god as a well-intentioned gently caress-up.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Welp, it's early on day 10 and I've completed every main quest, every sidequest that can be completed on the first run, every canvas of prayers quest, and hunted every monster to extinction. I may just have a problem.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I love a lot of the little series nods in here. After convincing Biggs and Wedge to stop their little game, they set up a two-man band in Yusnaan and play the FFVI World of Balance theme. :3:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Where do I find them? Don't think I've seen them anywhere.

They set up just West of that fireworks launching station between Central Avenue and the path to the industrial area. I found them in the evening sometime.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I have heard yes, but I haven't gone and hunted it down yet.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I have to say, I sure love fighting Desert Sahagins. I prefer my framerate under ten so it works out great

But seriously, what the gently caress?? Some sand particle effects slow the game to a crawl???

I've heard a bunch of people say this, but I never had the framerate completely tank while fighting them. Are you on Xbox or PS3?

abaddonis posted:

I'm pissed. I played through my NG+, finished all of the main quests, did all but two sidequests (I still had 2 quests to go on my original run) and all of the Canvas quests, but I didn't get the extra day and didn't unlock the ultimate lair.

God damnit.

And when are you? The extra day doesn't unlock until the end of the 12th day, I think, even if you finish everything long before then.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Framerate isn't exactly consistent or very high across the board, I'll grant that(on PS3). But I killed every Desert Sahagin to extinction and I never saw the framerate drop to single digits like I've heard people talk about.

So I just saw the ending. Ha ha ha ha... well, that sure was something. And I'm talking about the pre-credits sequences, here. Then the music cut out halfway through the credits; nice.

At any rate, I actually had a blast with this game. I think it really helped that I didn't play the first two games, and neither cared about the storyline nor was I all angry about how the XIII franchise has destroyed Final Fantasy or something. I think this game took itself a lot less seriously than the last two, based on the amount of intentionally absurd elements going on. I was able to just laugh along with both the silly sidequests (often intentionally funny) and the equally silly main quest (funny for different reasons). But people looking for a story to redeem the series are going to be disappointed, I think.

I thought the gameplay and customization were a blast, though, and playing on Easy really really made the time limit a complete non-issue. The world was large enough and varied enough to be fun to explore, but small enough that you could feel familiar with the whole thing by the end of the game. I think the sometimes shameful textures and models were more than offset by good art direction. It's hard to put a finger on, but the slightly lower production values in this game almost make it feel like it's coming from a smaller, more down-to-earth publisher instead of the highly-polished soulless turds I've started to expect from SE.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The easiest way to finish up the Final Day is to skip all the fights you can (there's probably five, or six mandatory fights tops). Do the final optional dungeon to get a extremely powerful weapon and shield, and then cheese the final boss with Solider of Peace and Overclocking. Midnight Mauve with one other elemental spell can be used to stagger him, and you can have a defensive third garb, because the final boss has some powerful and very quick attacks. I'd stock up on Ethers/Turbo Ethers from Outerworld, if you want to make it really easy.

This sounds a bit misleading. You don't have to do the optional dungeon on the extra day to get the weapon and shield, you need to do an optional portion of the normal final dungeon. So you do not need to unlock the 14th day or do the optional ultimate dungeon. The game makes it pretty clear what the optional PART of the final dungeon is.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He's a total dick. Is there a good strategy or setup for this? I have to spend so much time blocking I can't accumulate much on the stagger meter, even though I'm loving using a move with an A in stagger time

Agreed, stay far away and spam magic. With a magic-immune schema you don't even need to block his spells; just keep firing. It doesn't matter if you're not really doing any damage, as the effectiveness of spells toward staggering doesn't depend on your damage output.

Also, you said the move has an A in stagger time? What about stagger power? High stagger power makes the stagger wave go up, while stagger time is only to keep the stagger wave from degrading too quickly. So if you're using something with D or E stagger power but A stagger time, you'll never get him to stagger.

Conversely, some skills like the -aga magic have A stagger power but terrible duration, so they make the wave spike but almost immediately drop back down. Due to those spells' long animations, they're terrible for building up stagger; you really only want to use them to push an enemy into stagger that has already gotten close.

Long story short, you want to use -ara level magic spells for staggering almost always.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Another neat detail (Main quest 1 spoilers): You can get the number in the Warren first, especially if you end day 1 in the Warren and warp back there on day 2. The scene with Noel plays out like normal, but the dialog when you get the other numbers and talk to residents changes to reflect that Lightning already knows who the Shadow Hunter is and about the number in the Warren. It's a neat little detail, considering that most people would never do things in that order.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Just beat the annoying Caious (kind of annoying I wasn't allowed to finish him off) but now I'm unable to kill the second chocobo eater, inside the village. How can I avoid the devastating chomp attack? I get its health down to 40 percent or so but then the thing goes into overdrive and kicks my rear end.

If you wear the item you get from the Yusnaan boss (75% physical resistance), the Guard band (10% physical resistance), and either the Quiet Guardian or Cyber Jumpsuit garbs (+15% physical and magic resistance), you get 100% physical resistance for that schema. You should be immune to most of his attacks unless he puts deprotect on you. If that's a problem, you can get a Resist Deprotect 100% armband accessory in the Dead Dunes somewhere.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Thanks! I completely forgot about the counters even though I used the magic one against the Yusnaan boss. I never got the 75% physical resistance as far as I can see, though. Is it possible to miss it?

Yeah, I think it gets dropped on the ground after the fight as a glowy, like when you kill a Last One monster. Always check the ground after killing bosses and last ones. Anyways, it's called the Ghostly Hood, in case you just missed it in your list.

If you did miss it, that sucks. Complete physical immunity is really key to cheesing the game. Make sure to get the item from the Dead Dunes boss if you haven't done that already.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Renoistic posted:

That's probably it, yes. I should have thought of that, considering I found Caious' huge sword on the ground as a frickin' glowy :v:. I wouldn't mind running back to every boss location otherwise but I'm already on day 10 with one main quest in the Wild Lands to go so the clock is ticking. 75% physical resistance sounds amazing though so I guess I've got some backtracking to do.

I'm guessing it won't be there anymore, sadly. Also, while it does grant 75% physical resistance, it also reduces your strength and magic stats by 100%, so you can really only do 1 damage with whatever garb you have it on. Basically, the idea is to make a garb dedicated to blocking and debuffs and give it the hood.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

You get a chance at fighting the + version of the final boss, which has a much higher drop rate on a special weapon (5% on normal version of the boss, versus 15% on the + version!). And... that's pretty much it.

I've heard that you fight the + version on any NG+, and that it doesn't have to be hard mode. As far as Hard Mode goes, enemies drop higher level abilities and better equipment upgrade materials in hard mode, so you can get stronger than you can in Normal mode. There's a bunch of equipment and garbs that are only available in hard mode. But other than that, I think you only get bragging rights.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, I've seen people struggle their way to the final boss and then give up on Normal (which is a bitch unless you kept a save before the final dungeon, since the time limit mechanic goes away and you can't just wait for time to run out for a NG+).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Aurain posted:

The doorways also act as de-spawn triggers, so if it's not what you wanted to pop, run out of the room.

I've seen this said elsewhere, but it doesn't always work. I've had enemies spawn in those rooms and follow me out of them, and enemies spawn outside those rooms and follow me into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

This isnt the first final fantasy game i just watched on youtube rather then buying and having to sit trough all the tedious fighting. But it is the worst story, lame characters, lame enemies, lame bullshit story etc etc. I am amazed.

Also, the main storyline is basically the only part of the game that takes itself seriously. The rest (read: the bulk of it) is a really fun battle and customization system, and Lightning snarking at the ridiculous quest-givers. Also, if whatever videos you were watching didn't have Lightning wearing stupid hats and mustaches the whole time, they were playing wrong.

• Locked thread