Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is proof that games are art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's funny when people get legit mad in the chat.

Also insane that they actually have caught two pokemans and made it past a gym. Have they Game Overed yet? That just sends you to the nearest Poke center right?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ahahahahaa they just managed to set the message speed to slow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CraigK posted:

status: twitchcops are cheating the system and spamming commands :laugh:

That removes literally the only reason for this to exist!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Their Charmander doesn't even know Ember. :negative:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Q: What would happen if you played a Pokemon game with random inputs?
A: It would only take you 24 hours to get past the first gym and catch two pokemons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I left for an hour and in that time apparently their Pidgey gained 6 levels. :monocle:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They need to catch an Oddish or it'll take literally days to get past Misty.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TK.Frampt posted:

The fact that, despite having 4-5k viewers where half are trying to gently caress up and everyone is dealing with Twitch's awful lag, they've managed to get to Misty in the first place has made this experiment a success. If and when they manage to make use of their moonstone, we can chalk it up as one of mankind's greatest achievements.

They got most of the way when there were only like 20 viewers, apparently. They've been stuck at this point for a long time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That loving Sned posted:

5000 people with nothing better to do on Valentine's day.

Actually, make that 5001.

After you've been with the same person for a few years, Valentine's Day becomes kind of pointless.

It is a Friday though, I bet it hits 10k people tonight. Actually at this rate it'll hit 10k people by noon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Korak posted:

Wish this was tied to a voting system instead of allowing people to just spam chat.

You must be one of the people getting mad in the chat.

Anyone who takes this seriously is missing the point.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dragongem posted:

oh no they were defeated by Misty again

SERIOUSLY GUYS WE NEED AN ODDISH

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well it's not like they were ever going to catch something to use it on.

Misty wins for the... 13th time?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Some group of people who hate fun are apparently coordinating their efforts because there keeps now being pages of about 100 people using the same command all at once.

I think they're from Reddit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish someone had been recording the capture of the Rattata, that was truly a one in a billion event.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bef posted:

The only possible way they could do this is if Twitch takes off the 30 second delay

This is amazing but you can't watch it for more than 20 seconds without going insane

The delay is the best thing about it!

Also, holy poo poo, there are now 370,000 people watching.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BoboThePenguin posted:

I feel like two groups of people are active in discussing this, and they can be distinguished by the pronoun they use when describing what's going on. It's either "they" or "we."

The "they"s are typing "start."

Trolling "start" got old a long time ago, but everyone keeps doing it anyway. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A few hours ago, they taught JAY LENO the Rattata Bubblebeam. :haw:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChewyLSB posted:

Right but what about Start -> Exit -> New Game

Exit just exits the pause menu.

There is no escape.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

uPen posted:

I just tuned in, how the gently caress did misty get beaten.

How did they manage to buy Pokeballs and catch another Rattata?!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Between Flappy Bird and now this, I think video games are now over.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Baron O Beefdip posted:

They've gotten 2 badges in 51 hours. They're god drat TAS'ing this poo poo.

There was one point about 12 hours ago when Pidgey and JVMLNOOOOO got critical hits literally 10 or 15 times in a row. The laws of quantum probability are being completely hosed here.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
30 hours after I last looked and they're still stuck in Cerulean City?

Also, the number of viewers just keeps increasing? People aren't getting tired of it yet? Has there been any time (like, 4 AM) when the number of viewers actually decreased?

I hope some massive sperglord is keeping a diary of all the important events and when they happened.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The guy running it must hate money, because all he would have to do is make the chat sub-only for an hour and he'd make literally about $50k. I'm impressed that he's managed to resist that temptation.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Crain posted:

There are more than a few clones doing just that. There was a FF6 channel that had the input split between general and sub chat with subs getting their own unique chat codes that had higher priority. Didn't seem to have any interest.

Well yeah, but the clones aren't making money because they don't have 23k people already hooked on it. If this specific channel went sub-only, you better believe several thousand of the watchers would throw down fivebux without even thinking about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wadjamaloo posted:

It wouldn't even be as much money as people think. Twitch gets half the sub fee, the streamer gets the other half. Out of the 20k people viewing, id be surprised if more than 1/4 of them are participating. Another 3/4 of that probably doesn't care enough to sub. Another chunk of those people probably have subbed already just to show support. By making it sub only you would only be looking at $1-$2000, which is a good chunk of change but isn't really insane instant profit.

It still shows tremendous restraint to keep this going rather than cash in and make a grand or two. I mean you might be rich moneybags but a couple grand is a lot of money to some people, especially when the alternative is "make almost no money".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ha, he instituted a "start sometimes doesn't work" policy, good on him. That was getting old.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh, I'm stupid; if you click on Videos above the chat, it has the pivotal moments of the stream, such as the battle with Surge which is hilarious.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kirios posted:

I don't like being the negative one in the thread, but some form of progress needs to be made here...this is unwatchable.

Think of it like evolution. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for any noticeable change to take hold, but if you look away for a million years and come back, HOLY poo poo THOSE THINGS HAVE LEGS NOW HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Magic Underwear posted:

It really isn't. It may look like it, but the inputs are mostly goal focused, with a few trolls, all delayed by half a minute or more.

The RNGPlaysPokemon is also progressing at a much faster rate than the TwitchPlays one, so that would seem to indicate that either the trolls far outnumber people trying to progress, or the attempt to progress is actually making things worse, or both.

(It's both.)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh God, wake up and throttle Start again, dude.

:negative:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm still amazed they managed to use the PC and deposit a pokemon at one point.

Has the Rattata with Bubblebeam ever even used it? :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Team is gonna get wiped by a lvl 16 Geodude with infinite Defense.

:allears:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ahahaha Bide wins another trainer battle.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh gently caress, Rattata leveled up and they canceled Hyper Fang. :negative:

edit: They taught it Thunder Wave AND Dig :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The journey through Rock Tunnel reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Nqzx4Z1FA

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure the Rattata with Dig has Thunder Wave, not Thunder Bolt, which is a lot less useful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's been almost 20 years since I played a Gen 1 game, was plain old non-evolved Eevee good back then? Because plain old Eevee is pretty good in some of the games IIRC.

poo poo I just remembered I have Pokemon White on my phone and haven't even beaten the first gym. :effort:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This was a lot cooler when there were less than 50,000 goddamn people all at once. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Baron O Beefdip posted:

It honestly doesn't make that much of a difference.

I'm getting a poo poo ton more video lag, and people spamming totally unrelated poo poo in chat is dumb.

God, Twitch has stupid smilies.

• Locked thread