Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Vatek posted:

CCP is really adamant about retaining a character's history, which means no paid name changes and no ability to mess with your employment history.

Which is funny because they have in the past deleted a few people's employment history, and there are some that should have been deleted like citzno(some numbers here) whose history in 2006 took minutes to load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

Is that including incursions?

Do incursion rats have a bounty?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FoF posted:

If 2000 of those 4000 show up to defend their space and 3000 of the 40000 show up to take it who is actually fighting harder for it?

The 3000 since they made more friends.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
People would just have a normal bubble + hictor.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Snake_in_a_box posted:

Against my better judgement I decided to resub. I was in GW a couple of years ago but I guess I got kicked for being inactive and I can't access my GF forum account at all. Should I just go through newbie registration again?

Yes because it got deleted for inactivity probably.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

Moving day. Hate so much. I've done 10 jumps in the JF and haven't even scratched the surface.

Pay padded helmets to do it for you, I'm sure they'd be glad to help you out :getin:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Let the carebear stick in highsec and maybe one day when he's ground out enough isk to officer fit his whatever who gives a gently caress ship he'll get ganked and come back to cry about how it's unfair. Otherwise just ignore him :shrug:

I will give you a small hint though carebear risk adverse guy: There's no such thing as a fair fight.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

xutech posted:

I read the recent article: http://themittani.com/features/did-cfc-just-win-eve

In the comments, Grath pointed out that the claim that Kugutsumen created PL was incorrect, so I asked Kugutsumen.

Here is the reply I after talking to Mulla / Kugutsumen about it on mobile text.

---

Kugutsumen was the executor of PL. Cartifex Imperator was one of his alts and is listed as the creator of Pandemic Legion. http://www.eveinfo.net/wiki/in~10696.htm https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-7279.html Kugutsumen was also a director of Sniggerdly, inner circle member and CEO of Sniggwaffe. Here is some additional information: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Sniggwaffe_(Player_corporation)

---

Kugutsumen also claims that it was he who convinced Shamis Orzoz to create PL and to ally with "The Goons".

---

Grath is a stupid fat piece of poo poo, and this is correct. Kugutsumen was if not absolutely directly responsible for the entire thing was at least incredibly instrumental.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
CEO update, only really important part is this:

quote:

Effective immediately, all Goonwaffe members will enjoy a 100% reimbursement bonus on all subcapital reimbursement, peacetime or strategic, in addition to the alliance rate. That means that if a Waffe member loses a Harpy, not only will he receive the current standard 45m isk reimbursement which is the alliance default, he will also receive an additional 45m isk from the corp: you will literally profit from PvP, not merely PvP for free. This brings Waffe reimbursements in line with the existing membercorp bonus reimbursements which are handled at a corp level.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Pfft, you can't make the wrong choice there. Either way is a win. (well training speed loss aside since they are inverted for stats. Perception/Will power vs. Willpower/Perception for primary/secondary)

It's not a very big gulf is you're perc/will anyway. I trained every t2 combat hull to 5 with per/will and it wasn't very bad.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
We are BoB :kheldragar:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FoF posted:

"Teenagers Have Poor Judgement" stop using that joke wrong.

I guess I should at least explain the joke: In the 06/07(?) war against LV TCF suprise sieged 1v- which was typical TCF fashion. Goons rushed in to help and Redswarm Federation basically held the system. LV used this as an oppurtunity to unveil The Enslavers new Avatar and deploy the DDD through a cyno (a long dead mechanic). Despite destroying hundreds of ships RSF held the system and the station was named "1v- Teenagers have poor Judgement" in an attempt to point out The Enslaver was a child. The problem is Kugustumen outed Enslaver as a GM so clearly wasn't a child.

Who are you talking to?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

The Leper Colon V posted:

Do we still fly missile Drakes in subcap? Because that's all I ever skilled up.

Nope.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Uba Stij posted:

Have been, it's just so drat slow. The grind back up would be terrible if I didn't already have the tags for sec to return me to decent standing when I need to use them.

I think I got to -9.7 in one bombing run from positive or near positive.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Uba Stij posted:

Maybe it's the targets we're hitting then. All of them have been in good standing or else they wouldn't be ratting etc.

I killed 11 or so pods in one go.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Lucas got a month ban, not a month r/o and bans strip access to everything.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bagu posted:

And since it spits people out a hundred at a time, you instantly get bumped and become targetable, but can't dock up before they blap you.

Don't talk about poo poo you know nothing about, you're invincible, untargetable and phase through everything until you decide to move or some time (30s) has passed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Klyith posted:

All this because it wasn't until 2012 that gankers figured out the trick of jumping into a ship already in space* and warping before the space police show up. If you undock a -10 character from a station or jump through a gate, the faction police already in space can scram you unless you were in a very quick-aligning ship. So the "boomerang exploit" quickly became common knowledge and lead to a renaissance of ganking with permanent -10 alts.

The boomerang became public knowledge because a freighter got killed by a solo tornado who kept warping back and forth to avoid concord. Weaselior/Evil Weasel used it to solo clear out ice mining belts in a tornado, he'd warp up the belt and hit someone and then warp to the bottom of the belt (at least 150km away) and kill someone, rinse and repeat.

Pod killing is the least efficient way to burn sec, since pods are way way way more penalizing to shoot and kill than ships. The most efficient way to burn off sec is instapopping haulers or frigates carrying expensive loot. You can also smartbomb clouds of miners just fine at -10, you get in a fastish ship like a typhoon, come to a complete stop outside station, then hit warp. Faction rats web then scram.

Also to whoever said times, it's not 12s it's x seconds per system sec, + 6s for prepped concord. 19s total in .5, 12s total in a 1.0.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Noctis Horrendae posted:

The last few posts alone prove that.
Have you noticed how only a handful of EVE goons post on other threads? Maybe they're shunned from other goon cliques.

You don't fit in. Go away.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

I like how that dude is sperging so hard about my response. I'm pretty sure I was as mature and level headed as you can get with my post and he just notched up that righteous indignation like I dishonored his family.

You responded in basically the polar opposite of how I do, and you're the one that gets jumped on by that dumb rear end in a top hat. Life's weird.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, well, somebody's gotta post that poo poo. Otherwise, this thread would devolve into "yeah, it's totally awesome being dumb as rocks. Also, dear mynnna, please continue to perform your market black wizardry so that we can still have SRP for the doctrines that our FCs have told us to fly for some reason."

fakeedit: Also, Rhymenoserous has pretty much done the only good critique of my post thus far, and you should all read it.

We get it, you're a beep boop math autist. Doesn't mean dudes aren't going to get told to gently caress off for saying things we don't like, especially when they're already really bad posters. Your priorities are not the same as everyone elses.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

endlosnull posted:

There are also some terms that feel embarrassing like helicopter-dicking and rapecage. They feel like 1 step away from being a dumb meme if they weren't already. It's not even a sensitivity thing, they just sound real dumb. I cannot imagine being in comms with TEST, that would feel like being stuck in a bus full of highschool kids.

Nah it's fine.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

koreban posted:

And helldump.

I fuckin love callout threads so much. The BFM thread is my 4 touchdowns in a single highschool championship game that I will always look back upon wistfully.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

uwaeve posted:

Is it still accessible? I want to see your mullet (and read of your exploits while you were in your prime).

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/152933-ban-bfm-ban-dbrb/

It reads a little weird because solo deleted all of bfms posts, which means you dont get to see all 3 of the "emails from her dad" he presented as evidence.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

The creepiest part of that situation is how ok the dad was and was basically pimping his daughter out.

Those were fake emails written by bfm. If you believe otherwise you're a fool.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Seditiar posted:

He knows way too much about this game and probably does the most work for the CFC. I still can't believe he doesn't burn out. :iiam:

He likes math, and he's always liked eve. Its not like he's fueling all the towers in dek or anything else suicide inducing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

i do cocaine posted:

He actually found some of the renters better to talk to than some of the people who run altcorps in GSF.

We have some serious sperglords, I'm sure there is probably one renter out there who is better to talk to than some of the people who obsessively multibox ratting carriers in altcorps for fun.

Literally anyone in highsec would be better to talk to than tiberizzle, for instance.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

i do cocaine posted:

What, the half a titan worth of Golem? Nah, surely some mission runner in HS will top it, perhaps by carrying officer mods for refitting in the cargo of his officer fitted Marauder.

2 navy ravens worth ~50b each, and then the amazing chatlog.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

almighty posted:

Wait, so did BFM fake the whole thing or did he fake those mails only?

Those mails. He never denied any of the claims, he only said her parents were ok with it.

Jack the Lad posted:

Reminder that some Russian guys literally cut the power cables going into some titan pilot's house in real life during a fleet battle.

Be careful, themummra :tinfoil:

Never happened, what did happen was a suggestion and offer.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Amberskin posted:

He seems to be an italian lawyer. Apart from his Dante's quote, he seems to build his sentences following a latin/roman syntax (" I’m here to enjoy me"). So, not russian mafia, but who knows... :suspense:

Edit: corrected quote

Do italians do the russian )))))))) smilies?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

You're not italian!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Stay out of deklein or I'll be forced to log in and shoot you, you have absolutely no business in our space at all and had I known you were anywhere nearby I would have already logged in to kill you.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Oh yeah a few weeks ago I got some email about something goonfleet despite the fact I'm banned for all eternity. What the gently caress was that about?

Someone hosed up and sent an email to a group that apparently contains "Every email ever used to register on goonfleet dot com."

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Hi Cap, also you forgot Stahlregen, who was an auth director at the same time as bob, and then at the same time as me and bob.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

I wonder if Stahlregen has OD'd yet. He's got to be close.

He shows up in sgbs once in awhile, so afaik nope.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Nah he's ok.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Azurrat posted:

I applied to the sig almost two weeks ago, it's still pending. :saddowns:

I feel like that's probably because I don't have enough hisec kills, but solo ganking isn't exactly easy and nobody in sigma/theta ever wants to help me ruin my sec status. I can fit a T2 catalyst if I want to solo gank a retriever, but that's throwing 10-15M at getting maybe 4-6M in module drops. Which I won't be able to pick up for 15 minutes, and by then both wrecks will have been looted.

If you're worried about making money ganking you have to gank haulers/frigates carrying too much poo poo. Otherwise you just accept it as a cost of business. Either way you need multiple accounts, one or more for scouting/looting and then actual ganking characters.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Nobody, DD is russian d2/youwhat changeover fuckups.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

sulley posted:

Wow, I thought I recognized that name from somewhere! This is the same guy who came around during my original playing days of '06, '07 and I think tried to buy his way into the corporation? And I think he also threatened everyone with some kind of hacking wizardry that really just sounded like a cry for attention.

Man, the memories are flooding back. I'm pretty sure he was also one of the primary catalysts for the mods disallowing an EVE thread for a while because of the retarded drama it caused.

Anthony z is the dude who blew the lid off of bob/ccp preferential treatment. He also spent awhile hacking goonfleet forums among others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

IIRC, he was hired to hack our forums by bob. And when he delivered, they said "gently caress you get bent". Which seems like a bad thing to say to the guy who just proved to you he could hack a forum, when you too have your own forum.

So he hacked their forum, found evidence that all the "logistics problems" of helping LV(?) were actually them tired of propping up LV, and that devs were giving them the lowdown on upcoming expansions before anyone else, and some other poo poo.

tl;dr: when you hire a hacker to do a thing, and he does the thing, you pay him.

That was LV that hired him I'm pretty sure.

• Locked thread