Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I'm saying that what they are rumoured to have (nobody actually has given a straight answer to whether or not the rebels even have a Buk, the Ukrainians even claimed the rebels have no heavy AA capability at all) is only a piece of an anti-aircraft battery. The missile truck has very limited applications without additional equipment that isn't exactly small or easy to hide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

I told it: "leave" But To me answered: "rrrrrrrrrrrr".

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

There's no doubt that there are Fascists fighting on the side of the Ukrainians. There's also no doubt that Russia has per capita the most Neo-Nazis in the world.
The Fascists on both sides aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

To me, the Ukrainians are trying to re-establish a national identity by actively separating themselves from Russian influence.
This is nationalism. Nationalism is dumb.

The Russians aren't doing themselves a favor by meddling in a neighboring nation's affairs. If there was a real threat, they should've let some bad stuff happen, then gone in. Going in preemptively removes all credibility from the Russians in the eyes of the watching world.

http://news.vtomske.ru/news/56768.html - вот тут показано как в РФ большинство людей относится к фашистам. Любой человек, который борется с фашизмом - герой.
А на Украине мэры городов прославляют Гитлера.
Вот в том и разница.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Utjkju, I like the fact that you've started the thread and your posts are what makes me come back to check this out from time to time. Could you please keep posting in English? I can't Cyrillic letters, so I have no idea what you are saying. I know your English isn't the best but at least I could understand you well enough.

Even a small summary of each post, maybe?

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Valiantman posted:

Utjkju, I like the fact that you've started the thread and your posts are what makes me come back to check this out from time to time. Could you please keep posting in English? I can't Cyrillic letters, so I have no idea what you are saying. I know your English isn't the best but at least I could understand you well enough.

Even a small summary of each post, maybe?

Yeah utjkju, your opinion is really valuable to us all, and it would reach a way wider audience here if you posted in English.

I don't mind the Russian, since you best communicate in it, as I do in English. So feel free to write your thoughts out in Russian, and don't be afraid to attempt it in English as well.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

utjkju posted:

http://news.vtomske.ru/news/56768.html - вот тут показано как в РФ большинство людей относится к фашистам. Любой человек, который борется с фашизмом - герой.
А на Украине мэры городов прославляют Гитлера.
Вот в том и разница.

I was born in Kiev, now live in Canada. All of my family except for my parents still live in Ukraine. I'm following the events there closely. I watch Ukrainian news and Russian news and read news articles on the internet. I want to tell you that the Russian media is lying to you. There are no 'karateli,' Ukrainian soldiers are not nailing kids to wooden planks, Ukrainians are not worshiping Hitler, etc.

The "uprising" in these two regions is a direct result of:

1. Putin funneling mercenaries/weapons into Ukraine.
2. Scaring the native populace with fake news that he controls on Russian channels.

Moi slova vradle chtoto pomenyayet v vashem mirovosrenii, no I dumayu chto let tak cherez desyat, kogda vlast pomenayetsa(ESLI one pomenayetsa), i vse viydet naruzhu, vam budet ochen stidno za vashu stranu.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

I was born in Kiev, now live in Canada. All of my family except for my parents still live in Ukraine. I'm following the events there closely. I watch Ukrainian news and Russian news and read news articles on the internet. I want to tell you that the Russian media is lying to you. There are no 'karateli,' Ukrainian soldiers are not nailing kids to wooden planks, Ukrainians are not worshiping Hitler, etc.

The "uprising" in these two regions is a direct result of:

2. Scaring the native populace with fake news that he controls on Russian channels.

Moi slova vradle chtoto pomenyayet v vashem mirovosrenii, no I dumayu chto let tak cherez desyat, kogda vlast pomenayetsa(ESLI one pomenayetsa), i vse viydet naruzhu, vam budet ochen stidno za vashu stranu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SnGltuemRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPpKdLkSDf8
Это тоже русская пропаганда? Я теперь все ролики на диск заливаю, так как с ютуба вырезают ролики с подобными сценами. Тот ролик, где мер города Гитлера героем называл, удалили.

utjkju fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 31, 2014

3peat
May 6, 2010

Crossposting this from D&D: Russia is now the most hated country here in Romania

3peat posted:

Hey ya'll, it's your boy 3peat and I'm bringing you historic news; according to a poll released today, for the first time in 1119 years Hungary is not the most disliked country in Romania :D

http://adevarul.ro/news/politica/so...3271/index.html

Progress!

And that poll was conducted the week before russian terrorists shot down that plane, killing 300 people including 80 children. Especially after this incident, I've heard here a lot of opinions in the vein of "all russians are animals", "russians are a savage race of murderers", etc. That's unfortunate, since until Putin decided to start a civil war in Ukraine and kill so many people, most romanians didn't care about Russia much, there was no love but also none of the hatred I see today.
There were russophobes, but mostly people old enough to remember the mass rapes and killings done by the Red Army after WW2, or the terror of the 50s and 60s when many people, entire families complete with little children, were deported to Siberia to freeze to death, also the mass tortures and executions, etc. But young people didn't have a reason to dislike Russia.

My point is, by starting and fueling the civil war in Ukraine, Putin has managed to complete his goals of stealing Crimea and destroying Ukraine, but he has also given a reason to a whole new generation of eastern europeans to hate Russia. It's now gonna take a long time until your average citizen of Poland, Romania, Latvia, etc will look at Russia as something different than an enemy and a danger.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

3peat posted:

Crossposting this from D&D: Russia is now the most hated country here in Romania

And that poll was conducted the week before russian terrorists shot down that plane, killing 300 people including 80 children. Especially after this incident, I've heard here a lot of opinions in the vein of "all russians are animals", "russians are a savage race of murderers", etc. That's unfortunate, since until Putin decided to start a civil war in Ukraine and kill so many people, most romanians didn't care about Russia much, there was no love but also none of the hatred I see today.
There were russophobes, but mostly people old enough to remember the mass rapes and killings done by the Red Army after WW2, or the terror of the 50s and 60s when many people, entire families complete with little children, were deported to Siberia to freeze to death, also the mass tortures and executions, etc. But young people didn't have a reason to dislike Russia.

My point is, by starting and fueling the civil war in Ukraine, Putin has managed to complete his goals of stealing Crimea and destroying Ukraine, but he has also given a reason to a whole new generation of eastern europeans to hate Russia. It's now gonna take a long time until your average citizen of Poland, Romania, Latvia, etc will look at Russia as something different than an enemy and a danger.

What do you think: if Gitler had victory, that this was better?

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

utjkju posted:

How could you excuse this?

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

About Gitler in Ukraina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbD9otnWhKE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK4zcYjmLi4

utjkju fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 31, 2014

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
^ lmao why does Romania have beef with Ukraine?

EDIT - after watching the Kherson Governor video going to quote this comment from youtube comment:

quote:

Некорректно написанный комментарий к видео.
+ Неспособность оратора грамотно и четко излагать свои мысли, правильно делать логическое ударение...
И вот вам результат.. Теряется логическая связь в его речи... А люди, выхватив лишь обрывки из речи, подняли крик, чем еще больше начали сбивать чудо-оратора...

Пробую дословно напечатать его речь русским языком (правда, читать ее тяжело, а перефразировать не буду, излагаю как есть):

«... Мы вспоминаем то, как люди боролись против агрессоров, какие пробовали захватить землю. И те агрессоры мотивировали свой захват не только желанием, и не столько желанием захватить чужие территории и поработить людей. Они так же выдвигали лозунг про якобы (дословно: "НАЧЕБТО") освобождение наций и народов, какие проживают на землях, какие собирался захватить Гитлер…»

(Излишнее отступление, что и сыграло с Одарченко злую шутку. ЛЮДИ ПОТЕРЯЛИ СВЯЗЬ С ПРЕДЫДУЩЕЙ ЧАСТЬЮ, а ведь именно там осталось это логически важное «НАЧЕБТО» )

« ...Мы видим, что он прежде всего выдвигал лозунг освобождения людей от коммунистического ига, освобождения людей от тирана Сталина, освобождение людей от других ...»

(Здесь начинаются крики людей, ведь они уже потеряли связь и восприняли последующую часть выступления, как самостоятельную… )

«... это было первым мотивом для Гитлера. Движение на суверенную державу, когда он пытался захватить территорию. Друзья, однако, люди объединились в своем желании защищать свою родную страну. Защищать родную страну, и выступили единым фронтом, откинув агрессора ...»

Дальше стенографировать речь чудо-оратора не вижу смысла… Всё уже и так понятно.
Его логически важное "НАЧЕБТО", произнесенное, чтобы отметить лживость лозунгов Гитлера, уже не спасает... Люди, в общей массе, уже просто кричат: "Ганьба"... Так, просто кричат.
Уверена, Одарченко не хотел обидеть ветеранов, а девушка с малышом на руках, отреагировала на вторую часть речи, не связав ее с предыдущей, подзадоренная выкриками людей, понеслась "наводить справедливость".
Вот и вся нелепость ситуации. 

utjkju posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SnGltuemRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPpKdLkSDf8
Это тоже русская пропаганда? Я теперь все ролики на диск заливаю, так как с ютуба вырезают ролики с подобными сценами. Тот ролик, где мер города Гитлера героем называл, удалили.

As for your videos, the first one says its a video of Ukrainian nazis attacking soviet vets, but then in the video they show a georgievskaya lentochka being burned so I think if anyone got attacked it's because of that and not because they were soviet vets. That's a big difference. So yes, thats propaganda.

There are a lot of youtube videos out there. Here's another one in russian http://censor.net.ua/video_news/296...hi_rossiyiskiyi

My favorite part is when she says "we (Russia) didn't start the war" when she realizes this interview is a big mistake.

Present fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 31, 2014

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

Every country has lovely politicians, or politicians that stay stupid things when they get emotional. Zhirinovski is one of them. Does that mean that every Russian behaves and thinks like Zhirinovski?

EDIT - after watching the Kherson Governor video going to quote this comment from youtube comment:Некорректно написанный комментарий к видео.
+ Неспособность оратора грамотно и четко излагать свои мысли, правильно делать логическое ударение...
И вот вам результат.. Теряется логическая связь в его речи... А люди, выхватив лишь обрывки из речи, подняли крик, чем еще больше начали сбивать чудо-оратора...

Пробую дословно напечатать его речь русским языком (правда, читать ее тяжело, а перефразировать не буду, излагаю как есть):

«... Мы вспоминаем то, как люди боролись против агрессоров, какие пробовали захватить землю. И те агрессоры мотивировали свой захват не только желанием, и не столько желанием захватить чужие территории и поработить людей. Они так же выдвигали лозунг про якобы (дословно: "НАЧЕБТО") освобождение наций и народов, какие проживают на землях, какие собирался захватить Гитлер…»

(Излишнее отступление, что и сыграло с Одарченко злую шутку. ЛЮДИ ПОТЕРЯЛИ СВЯЗЬ С ПРЕДЫДУЩЕЙ ЧАСТЬЮ, а ведь именно там осталось это логически важное «НАЧЕБТО» )

« ...Мы видим, что он прежде всего выдвигал лозунг освобождения людей от коммунистического ига, освобождения людей от тирана Сталина, освобождение людей от других ...»

(Здесь начинаются крики людей, ведь они уже потеряли связь и восприняли последующую часть выступления, как самостоятельную… )

«... это было первым мотивом для Гитлера. Движение на суверенную державу, когда он пытался захватить территорию. Друзья, однако, люди объединились в своем желании защищать свою родную страну. Защищать родную страну, и выступили единым фронтом, откинув агрессора ...»

Дальше стенографировать речь чудо-оратора не вижу смысла… Всё уже и так понятно.
Его логически важное "НАЧЕБТО", произнесенное, чтобы отметить лживость лозунгов Гитлера, уже не спасает... Люди, в общей массе, уже просто кричат: "Ганьба"... Так, просто кричат.
Уверена, Одарченко не хотел обидеть ветеранов, а девушка с малышом на руках, отреагировала на вторую часть речи, не связав ее с предыдущей, подзадоренная выкриками людей, понеслась "наводить справедливость".
Вот и вся нелепость ситуации. 

As for your videos, the first one says its a video of Ukrainian nazis attacking soviet vets, but then in the video they show a georgievskaya lentochka being burned so I think if anyone got attacked it's because of that and not because they were soviet vets. That's a big difference. So yes, thats propaganda.

There are a lot of youtube videos out there. Here's another one in russian http://censor.net.ua/video_news/296...hi_rossiyiskiyi

My favorite part is when she says "we (Russia) didn't start the war" when she realizes this interview is a big mistake.

Пост выше глянь. Что РФ заставила губернатора прославлять Гитлера?
Георгиевская ленточка - это знак победы. Это знают все в РФ и на Украине. И сжигают ленточку из-за ненависти к тем, кто одержал победу.
The St.George's Ribbon is a sign of a victory. It is known by all in the Russian Federation and in Ukraine. Also people burn a ribbon because of hatred to those who won a victory.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

EDIT - after watching the Kherson Governor video going to quote this comment from youtube comment:

Вы либо губернатора за идиота держите, либо людей. Думаю, что второе более верно, чем первое. Ни один губернатор не допустит подобного. Речи отрабатываются перед выступлением.
А комментарии написала женщина - жительница этого города, которая не хочет беспорядков в ее городе. Она ниже это откоментила.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
No he wasn't glorifying Hitler. That YouTube comment I posted explains it really well. He is just bad at giving a speech and the crowd he's speaking to is the worst audience for this kind of speech. If you listen to him you can hear him say NACHEBTO (про якобы) at around 40 sec into the speech.

In Ukraine, the ribbon of St George doesn't mean victory. It used to mean that, but not anymore. Wearing a St George ribbon now means you support Russian aggression.

Present fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 31, 2014

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

No he wasn't glorifying Hitler. That YouTube comment I posted explains it really well. He is just bad at giving a speech and the crowd he's speaking to is the worst audience for this kind of speech. If you listen to him you can hear him say NACHEBTO (про якобы) at around 40 sec into the speech.

In Ukraine, the ribbon of St George doesn't mean victory. It used to mean that, but not anymore. Wearing a St George ribbon now means you support Russian aggression.

Логопеды учат детей расставлять акценты в устной речи до 5 класса. Это входит в обязательную школьную программу даже на Украине. После 11 класса все люди, которые получили аттестат зрелости, умеют правильно расставлять акценты. Перед выступлением любая речь отрабатывается, всегда. Такая ошибка была просто невозможна.

Господи, помоги мне. Георгиевская ленточка - это символ победы. Ее у нас бесплатно на день Победы раздают всем желающим. Этой лентой украшают цветы и клумбы в день Победы. Я про это писала в своей теме ко дню Победы.
Вы серьезно считаете, что старики решили показать, что поддерживают агрессию РФ на День Победы? Вы хоть сами понимаете, что пишите?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEhSEArokE - тут открой мне правду, друг мой)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_%281st_Galician%29

utjkju fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 31, 2014

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

utjkju posted:

Логопеды учат детей расставлять акценты в устной речи до 5 класса. Это входит в обязательную школьную программу даже на Украине. После 11 класса все люди, которые получили аттестат зрелости, умеют правильно расставлять акценты. Перед выступлением любая речь отрабатывается, всегда. Такая ошибка была просто невозможна.

Господи, помоги мне. Георгиевская ленточка - это символ победы. Ее у нас бесплатно на день Победы раздают всем желающим. Этой лентой украшают цветы и клумбы в день Победы. Я про это писала в своей теме ко дню Победы.
Вы серьезно считаете, что старики решили показать, что поддерживают агрессию РФ на День Победы? Вы хоть сами понимаете, что пишите?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGYc8fsAuGk - тут открой мне правду, друг мой)

Vi ponimaete po ukrainski? Ya govoriu po russki i po ukrainski. Etot gubernator ne vosslavlal Gitlera v etoi rechi. Eto fakt. Ludi nachali krichat ili potomu chto oni ne ponyali chto on emeet vvidi, ili potomu chto im neponravilos kak on sravnivaet gitlerovskuyu germaniu s segodnyashnei rossiei.

And the ribbon of St George has been worn by separatists who fighting the Ukrainian army so yes, that's what it now means generally. Pro Russia, pro Soviet, anti west.

As for the video you posted I haven't heard of any bans, no. Here's a Russian Nazi video to match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGP4jjBp1g

3peat
May 6, 2010

utjkju posted:

You mean Gay Hitler? Anschluss die rear end lol

Present posted:

If it makes you feel better, the opinion on Ukraine used to be lower than that on Russia, but after the Crimea thing it's been steadily going up while Russia went downhill.

As to why romanians wouldn't like Ukraine, well they stole our clay (northern Bucovina and southern Basarabia/the Bugeac); tho technically those were stolen by the russians who gave them to Ukraine, that doesn't matter to the idiot nationalists here who would care about such a thing, since your average romanian calls everybody in the former soviet union "russians" anyway. There were also the media reports about ethnic romanians in northern Bucovina being discriminated against or whatever.
Then the relations between the 2 countries in the last 25 years haven't been that great, like for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystroye_Canal caused some serious outrage here at the time. There were also the territorial disputes over Snake Island.

But in the conflict with Russia, romanian authorities have been extremely pro-Ukrainian, like for example, here's another cross-post of mine from d&d:

3peat posted:

Romanian president Traian Basescu just did a press conference, delivering Romania's official position on what happens in Ukraine; the speech was delivered in his usual fiery way, with fists banging on table, etc (he used to be a ship captain)

Main points were:
- the downing of the airplane was a terrorist act, and the separatists in eastern Ukraine are terrorists (this was repeated several times)
- Russia is directly responsible, they are partners in terrorism, they are a terrorism supporting state, etc
- Russia has supplied the separatists with heavy weapons, specialists, and chechens, kazaks, transnistrans, and other such creatures
- Putin cannot run from responsibility
- Putin wants to recreate the Soviet Empire (this is actually a common thing in Romania, saying "Imperiul Sovietic" instead of "Uniunea Sovietica")
- today it's Ukraine, tomorrow could be Poland, the Baltics, or even Romania
- the lives of EU citizens like those that died in the terrorist attack are not worth more than the lives of poor ukrainians that get killed by russian terrorists every day
- there will be new sanctions towards Russia, this time aimed at commercial entities (russian companies) instead of people
- tough sanctions should have happened long time ago, and the EU's response until now has been unacceptable (he went on a big rant about this)
- the main values of the European Union are the european citizens and their safety, not commercial relations
- toughest sanctions possible should be instated right away, no matter the economic hardship for EU (this is easy for him to say, as the effects on Romania's economy would be minimal; Russia would actually be way more affected, as several car assembly plants there would stop functioning without parts imported from Romania)
- some other stuff

Overall I thought it was a good speech, prebably some of the toughest words to come from the EU countries

So maybe we'll have better relations between us in the future :)

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

Vi ponimaete po ukrainski? Ya govoriu po russki i po ukrainski. Etot gubernator ne vosslavlal Gitlera v etoi rechi. Eto fakt. Ludi nachali krichat ili potomu chto oni ne ponyali chto on emeet vvidi, ili potomu chto im neponravilos kak on sravnivaet gitlerovskuyu germaniu s segodnyashnei rossiei.

And the ribbon of St George has been worn by separatists who fighting the Ukrainian army so yes, that's what it now means generally. Pro Russia, pro Soviet, anti west.

As for the video you posted I haven't heard of any bans, no. Here's a Russian Nazi video to match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGP4jjBp1g

Is it separatists?

Я говорю по-украински. Мой отец родился и вырос на Украине, и многие мои родственники живут на Украине. Кроме того я знаю чешский и польский языки. Кроме того знаю как речи к выступлениям готовят.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3hmw-2FUqs - вот это на русском. Почитай коменты русских людей и поймешь наше отношение к фашистам. Их не поддерживают, их ненавидят.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

utjkju posted:

Я говорю по-украински. Мой отец родился и вырос на Украине, и многие мои родственники живут на Украине. Кроме того я знаю чешский и польский языки. Кроме того знаю как речи к выступлениям готовят.
вот это на русском. Почитай коменты русских людей и поймешь наше отношение к фашистам. Их не поддерживают, их ненавидят.

This thread was a lot more interesting when I could actually read it.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

The Locator posted:

This thread was a lot more interesting when I could actually read it.

I write for man, who can understand me, therefore he knows Russian language.
He thinks, that people from Ukraine attack old people that old people have the ribbons of St George. And the ribbon of St George is symbol of separatists. But the ribbon of St George is symbol of victory, and all people from Ukraina know it.

And i know languages of Ukrain, Poland and the Czech Republic. I think that governor can not make a mistake in his speech, because he can speak very good.

And people from Russia don't like people of Nazi.

utjkju fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 31, 2014

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Present posted:

The UN has no evidence that Russia is funneling weapons. Do you? Also like I said, there was opposition to the Maidan in many areas of Eastern Ukraine. Were those all Putin mercenaries too?

3peat
May 6, 2010

utjkju posted:

And people from Russia don't like people of Nazi.

Is this why Putin supports and funds european neo-nazi groups like Jobbik in Hungary, Ataka in Bulgaria or Golden Dawn in Greece? And by the way, neo-nazis from the likes of Jobbik and Ataka formed the majority of foreign "observers" to the so called "referendum" in Crimea. If Russia doesn't like nazis, how come most of Putin's supporters in Europe are nazis or extreme right groups like Front National? Why does Putin fund them?
Here's a lil article about how much Putin hates them nazis http://www.thenation.com/blog/179963/decrying-ukraines-fascists-putin-allying-europes-far-right

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

3peat posted:

Interesting stuff about Romania

Fucken CLAY dividing our two great nations :argh:

Anyway, the thing with that ribbon is that the Ukrainians who are anti corruption and anti Russian integration and so on had the national flag as a symbol of their beliefs and political leanings. The other, pro-Soviet, pro-Russia, pro-old ways Ukrainians adopted the ribbon of St George as a symbol of their unity. But fast forward a few months after the Maidan, and armed men, who may or may not be Russian soldiers, with that ribbon on their chests, are fighting the Ukrainian army. So yeah, the meaning of the ribbon changed drastically over the last new months, at least in Ukraine. It's like with the swastika. The swastika means one thing in Europe, but a totally different thing in India.

As to Russia funneling weapons/money/men into Ukraine through the border, there's plenty of photos and videos of captured weapons and vehicles registered to the Russian military, passports/military IDs of Russian soldiers killed in action in Ukraine. There are photos of cadavers that are matched up with social media accounts of those soldiers. Here's a fresh article about it. It's in Russian but there are a lot of photos:

http://censor.net.ua/photo_news/296251/ukrainskie_voennoslujaschie_nahodyat_imennoe_rossiyiskoe_orujie_broshennoe_terroristami_presstsentr

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

3peat posted:

Is this why Putin supports and funds european neo-nazi groups like Jobbik in Hungary, Ataka in Bulgaria or Golden Dawn in Greece? And by the way, neo-nazis from the likes of Jobbik and Ataka formed the majority of foreign "observers" to the so called "referendum" in Crimea. If Russia doesn't like nazis, how come most of Putin's supporters in Europe are nazis or extreme right groups like Front National? Why does Putin fund them?
Here's a lil article about how much Putin hates them nazis http://www.thenation.com/blog/179963/decrying-ukraines-fascists-putin-allying-europes-far-right

Putin does not fund them. This is you fantasy. Or are you neo-nazis?

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

Fucken CLAY dividing our two great nations :argh:

Anyway, the thing with that ribbon is that the Ukrainians who are anti corruption and anti Russian integration and so on had the national flag as a symbol of their beliefs and political leanings. The other, pro-Soviet, pro-Russia, pro-old ways Ukrainians adopted the ribbon of St George as a symbol of their unity. But fast forward a few months after the Maidan, and armed men, who may or may not be Russian soldiers, with that ribbon on their chests, are fighting the Ukrainian army. So yeah, the meaning of the ribbon changed drastically over the last new months, at least in Ukraine. It's like with the swastika. The swastika means one thing in Europe, but a totally different thing in India.

And you think that it is cause of attack on veterans of WW2 may 9 (Day of Victory)?
All, All people know what means this ribbon. You wish say that veterans of WW2 are separatists?
And what means rally of 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Galician)? What is it? Is it normal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEhSEArokE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_W...1st_Galician%29

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
^ The video you posted earlier is titled "Ukrainian Nazis attack war veterans." But from watching the video you can't tell who attacked who. The video starts recording after some fight is already in progress. And you can't even tell who those people are beating up. So how can you say that this is a video of Ukrainians attacking war veterans?

Did the Ukrainian nationalists start the fight? Did the pro-Russian protesters? We don't know. The video doesn't show it. All it shows is a small fight already in progress, and then a bunch of old ladies and kids being bussed out.

What I personally think happened is the two sides started getting physical and a fight broke out. The pro-west side got the upper hand and the young pro-Russian protesters ran off, leaving the seniors. Then the police stepped in and escorted the old people out in buses.

As far as nazi marches go, the Ukrainian one you posted sucked big time. 30 of kids in traditional clothing carrying flags? Lame. This is how you do a nazi march:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2o13mxRpo

Look at those red, black, and white flags and swastika derivatives carried by thousands of people. Hitler would have been so proud.

Present fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 1, 2014

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Germans talk about Ukrina and Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMR34JWBAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSc1-GM09eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfrh_vtTK_8

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

So how can you say that this is a video of Ukrainians attacking war veterans?

You can not say who are war veterans? Realy?
Любой русский и украинец знает как отличить ветеранов ВОВ.

Present posted:

As far as nazi marches go, the Ukrainian one you posted sucked big time. 30 of kids in traditional clothing carrying flags? Lame. This is how you do a nazi march:

Look at those red, black, and white flags and swastika derivatives carried by thousands of people. Hitler would have been so proud.

It is Snow revolution. Navalny has imprisonment.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Present posted:

Those are Imperial Russian symbols.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Some of them, sure, but if you fast forward a bit you'll see the real deal.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Present posted:

Some of them, sure, but if you fast forward a bit you'll see the real deal.

I did not understood what you wish say.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

West World and USA tell that Putin supports separatists. And West World and USA demand to end support.

Separatists and some people from Russia tell that Putin don't support separatists. They demand to start support. (http://www.segodnia.ru/content/144103)

This situation is not good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Congratulations, you found unfunny german comedy and a politician that is basically getting laughed at? :confused:

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Congratulations, you found unfunny german comedy and a politician that is basically getting laughed at? :confused:

German comedy disagree with USA, therefore it is unfunny for some people. I know it.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

utjkju posted:

German comedy disagree with USA, therefore it is unfunny for some people. I know it.

Every country will have comedians that disagree with America over everything. Comedians in the USA disagree with the USA. That's just what comedians do. Some of them are funny, some of them are not.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

utjkju posted:

I was more going in the direction of "It's german comedy, therefore it's unfunny.". Also, german comedy also has had an incredibly long history of making fun of americans or american politics, so suddenly picking an example of that out and painting it as representative of "the german opinion" on this topic is kinda...weird.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Lord Windy posted:

Every country will have comedians that disagree with America over everything. Comedians in the USA disagree with the USA. That's just what comedians do. Some of them are funny, some of them are not.

Ok.Germany.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXJbmj52s-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b8800o2Gqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpaZ7qiEMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN3ctLPCxsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZ3gYLDOqU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I don't understand any of those sorry. One of them has an angry man with a sign that says Obama so I guess it's anti-America stuff?

Like I said, every country has anti-America stuff. I don't get what this has to do with anything.

utjkju
Feb 3, 2014

Lord Windy posted:

I don't understand any of those sorry. One of them has an angry man with a sign that says Obama so I guess it's anti-America stuff?

People talk about Nazi in Ukraina and that mass-media in Germany write falsehood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

utjkju posted:

People talk about Nazi in Ukraina and that mass-media in Germany write falsehood.

You've been talking about this for awhile. Are you calling the government of Ukraine fascists and/or Nazi's or what? I know you don't speak english well, but could you try to explain your point?

• Locked thread