Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Twee as gently caress posted:

And still no word on when Kitchen Nightmares is gonna return the whole thing seems to be on pause. What crazy stuff is happening behind the scenes? :psyduck:

Can't stay I'm not psyched by HK returning in 10 days though

I feel like it can't get any worse than last year... I wish they had him narrate like F Word or... any other non-fox Gordon show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Even Hotel Hell is narrated by Gordon. Also you can't say anything against HK's narration, it's so loving hilarious most of the time. The only place that feels like it should be narrated by Ramsay is KN really. In Masterchef it woudn't matter really.

I don't know. I think Gordon narration of HK would be awesome. It would be like twice the amount of insults. The format needs to change. It's tired.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
MasterChef Australia is back on.

Finally something worth watching. Even if the contestants cry a bit much.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
You fuckers are crazy if you don't think big Willie is winning this all. Making the stripper look awesome is just so you can feel like Willie had a come from behind victory and his story can be that much better.

Titty dancer and him will be final 2. Leslie will be in top 5.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

DurosKlav posted:

I think Willie is a lock for winning. He may be fat but from what we've seen he's got a great personality and seems like a great guy. Just suffering from over crowding of mediocre cooks right now so he isnt getting the focus. I really cant see Courtney winning even ignoring her being a former stripper. They've just played up her being a bitch too much for her to win, plus Ahran being pretty much spot on when calling her out.

Yup.

Fat gay black man not winning Masterchef? Don't be dumb guys the only thing better would be if he was also a war Veteran and severely crippled. There is zero percent chance anyone else wins. And don't be silly that you don't think a fat man dressed like a clown will sell a bunch of cookbooks.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Calling a winner at this point is absurd because any given episode half of the cooks will go entire episodes without saying a word or having focus brought to their food. Once it gets down to a number the production team can capably handle (I would guess ~9-10) then things will make more sense. Up to this point though, this season is a complete mess.

Sounds like you think this show is an actual competition based on skill.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

ibntumart posted:

Did I miss him coming out in an episode? In the deleted extras from the wedding episode, Gordon asked if he had a girlfriend back home and he said that they were friends with benefits. Also that there wasn't just one.

Yeah probably the same kind of girlfriend my gay friends have said they had before they came out to me. The kind with a big ol' dick.

By the way I'm just throwing this out there. I like Leslie. He seems like he would be cool to hang out with.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

No, I saw the season when Luca won. I know better.

For me it was Christine. I kind of always knew it was coming and when it did (and shouldn't have) I sort of lost my hopes for the show. I knew Luca was going to win the second he made it onto the show last year.

Though last year didn't have anyone particularly mind blowing cooking. Natasha was probably best of the bunch when she wasn't busy annoying me.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Mordiceius posted:

I think you meant to say Jesse.

If looks factored into cooking sure.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
I could have told you fools Joy wasn't going to make it all along.

And Francis B wasn't remotely close to winning the other one. Remember, I've already told you the winner is Big Willie in a come from behind Victoria over the stripper.

The loud ginger is winning HK. He makes poo poo during challenges but never fucks up service. Though that one is harder to predict. I'll be honest and say I couldn't make a call till top 6 but then I had made up my mind. I did peg Joy for runner up though.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Bob Morales posted:

Isn't there some kind of industry minimum that reality TV stars have to be paid, or does that not apply because they aren't in the actors union or whatever?

I think so. I did a commercial for my company. Got paid a cool $1.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

ded posted:

Beetroot risotto, with horseraddish & beetroot icecream.

loving hell.

Nothing about it sounded or looked good but I still want to try it.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
but you don't understand. A sandwich has lettuce, a tomato, some bacon, cheese, some more lettuce, and mayonnaise It's loving HARD.

I'm surprised she just didn't quit the show just then. They ask too much.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

two notes from yesterday's masterchef:

- when Ahran made her dish and she got all of that praise and getting back to her station, Leslie gave her a huge smile and that was pretty :3:

Honestly you can't say when that smile was actually recorded.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Oh, actually I forgot to say: I had no idea that breakfast lasagne were a thing but holy poo poo now I want to make one

unless they use really tricky editing, she partly walked in the shot

She could have been walking and Gordon been like "It's hot as gently caress in here!" and everyone smiles or laughs. I just think they're orchestrate a lot of that poo poo.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

ntan1 posted:

Holy poo poo Kangaroo.

Yeah.., that did not sound appetizing at all. Though I want to eat every animal on the planet at least once kangaroo is probably close to the bottom of the list.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

rudecyrus posted:

I've been comparing the American MasterChef to some other versions (UK Professionals, AU) and it's such a shitshow. It's over-edited, has an intrusive soundtrack, it doesn't focus on the food, the people swing between boring and annoying, and the drama is forced. It's a disappointment in every way. This is coming from someone who used to watch MastrChef all the time.

Yeah welcome to the hate club. Maybe next year we start a MasterChef AU thread. Though I don't know if there's anything to actually talk about. American one being so loving stupid and edited I think is what drives any of the conversation.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Capt. Sticl posted:

Masterchef Australia question:

After hearing all the differences between US and Aussie versions, I decided to finally watch a season. I have access to both 5 and 6, but I started with 5. I'm 2 episodes in and I'm a little turned off by the 'Battle of the Sexes' gimmick. Is it worth it to stick it out through 5? (It seems to have more of the American-style drama than it sounds like 6 has) Or should I just skip it and watch season 6 instead?

Five was dry and overall pretty bad. I was worried the show was basically going to die after that season but they did a good job of mostly turning it around in season six. I think three was my fave season.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

ntan1 posted:

If this were Masterchef US, then Laura would definitely win (and it sort of already looks that way). However, I think that Brent is probably a slightly better chef by a tiny bit at this stage.

All that ho can do is make Italian. It bothers me she's still on the show after they talked poo poo about the annoying Asian who could only cook Korean

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Ghostpilot posted:

Cooking, and over-enunciating, Italian is all Joe cares about.

Talking about MasterChef AU. Joe doesn't exist there. It's actually three likable judges.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

ntan1 posted:

I mean, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Emelia for example was good at mostly desserts only.

Desserts are a bigger category than Italian anything. I just found it annoying they didn't say poo poo to her about it and in fact perpetuated it more than anything. Everyone else gets poo poo for being predictable.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah I think Laura should have been axed a bit of a while ago. I forget quite when, but I feel like she's ~just eked by~ a couple of the pressure tests. And she totally didn't deserve the automatic final 3 spot over Emilia. Yeah, the texture/flavor on Emilia's eggplant was a bit messed up, but her attempt at a fix showed a clever instinct and she actually bothered to flavor her Roo AND she ALSO bothered to put a creative twist on Lebanese. Laura's looked like it came from the cheap hole in the wall down the street, and not in a good way.

Glad to see Brent through, sorry to see Jamie gone.

Yeah I'm hoping Brent wins it all. He's definitely most improved and has basically shown he can cook anything.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Christine used to be a man right?

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
MasterChef is just loving with you guys so Willie can be seen over coming all the odds and winning the series. He ain't going anywhere but to the top.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Hahah she was trying to give out Miiiiiiiiiiikes phone number in camera

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Is there a way to watch this show with no bleeps?

Wait for a DVD release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

J-Spot posted:

Uh oh. Too much hubris out of Leslie there. Sets him up for a fall.

Yep. That was the game over cut.