Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

John Dyne posted:

"You want someone who can beat Captain America? That man does not exist. Except for that sniper in Civil War. And Iron Man. And Wolverine. Taskmaster? Has Taskmaster beat him before?

Hang on, someone pull up Wikipedia."

That's his point though, all of those people fought him but he's never been beaten, because even when he was killed he still got back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Wizard is the Dr. Voodoo look-alike, the one they're fighting I believe is Freddy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Freddy Freeman,Captain Marvel Jr. Would make sense with all the other legacy characters too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Suleman posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty fun scene.

My brain whispered "Perez" before I scrolled down that far. That guy sure likes drawing superheroes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Peter Quill: Day Man

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Elissimpark posted:

Does Al Ewing ever write anything bad? I'd never really heard of him, but kept seeing his name on 2000AD and 2000AD adjacent things this past year. He's certainly not a dull writer.

He's absolutely one of the best guys working right now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

checks notes he wrote... royals??? which was only mediocre? canceled imo

Royals was good, it just feels bad because Death of the Inhumans sucked so much it retroactively took some of the good out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seems like it'd be quicker to dry off than it would to cram your wet body into a leather suit

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A pretty butterfly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Makes sense to post it here in the creepy panels thread then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was also directly proportional to Fuller. When he was working on it initially it was good, then he left and it tanked, then he came back for like 3 episodes and they were a marker difference in quality, and then he left again and it went back to being terrible.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They pulled the "Sylar is good now" thing at least 3 times, though it was usually worth it for when he'd inevitably go back and do some big set piece massacre

X-O posted:

There was also the time Peter left his girlfriend stranded in a dystopian future and then came back to the present and erased that timeline from happening so I guess she's just dead now!

That was due to the writers strike cutting everything short, though no real excuse for not following up in the other two seasons

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Even Loeb’s “good stuff” is mostly rehashed stuff done better by others, and Sale absolutely carried a lot of the weight there. Doesn’t the ending not even work in Long Halloween no matter how you look at it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a big soft spot for Ultimate stuff and reread big chunks of it every few years, but if I were giving someone new to a reading order I would straight up advise skipping Ultimates 3. Ultimatum is also terrible but the art is decent and its got some important story bits; 3 is just godawful. The Joey Mad art is awful, the writing is awful, nobody acts in character or makes any kind of sense and the story has no bearing on the larger Ultimate Universe story. It sets up Ultimatum but all you need to know is someone shot Wanda (which isn't even a spoiler since its subtitled "Who Killed the Scarlet Witch"). It's one of the worst mainstream books ever written/drawn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

muscles like this! posted:

Didn't Ultimates 3 have some weird dumb thing with Black Panther as well?

Kind of. It was Cap in disguise for no reason.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Originally it was going to be the end of the Ultimate Universe so they didn't really make any considerations and just let Loeb run around the beach smashing as many sandcastle as he could, but then they decided to keep it going and had to make sense of everything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They were a New Ultimates/Young Ultimates thing but yeah it suffered from all the other Miles problems where they had some cool concepts but no real idea on where they wanted to take anything so it just spins it's wheels

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Wave Jose posted:

Who is Thunder Strike again?

Thor 2. Like a boring version of Beta Ray Bill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gripweed posted:

Wouldn't that make him Thor 3?

Bill isn't Thor, he's Bill. Thunderstrike was actually Thor for a while

Dawgstar posted:

You take that back right now. :colbert:

No :colbert:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

Eric's most well known bit of comic history will always be the fact he was fill in Thor with major Imposter Syndrom during the Infinity Gauntlet.

It also meant he had one of the best narrative beats in the Heroes versus Thanos and the Gauntlet fight.

I remember reading IG before I knew who he was and being confused as hell when he has one line about how noone must know he isn't the real Thor and then it's never brought up again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does K6BD have an end in mind? I've always wanted to read it but with stuff like that i prefer to wait until it's finished. At this point it's been running for a long time though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Horace Kinch posted:

The Thing is a worse Hulk with a shittier catchphrase.

Ok, hawkeye

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Puck has been in at least 200 comics :colbert:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cassa posted:

Which one is the fascist?

The artist is a not so pretty good guy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is my preferred one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Air Skwirl posted:

I was just theorizing on how that writer/artist could gain an incredibly deep knowledge of pro-wrestling in a couple years. Like with the Marvel/DC online comic thing, yeah, not everything is on there, but if I just started reading comics a few years ago there's more than enough for me to get some really in-depth knowledge of the various bits of obscure lore that exists.

I haven't watched wrestling since it was WWF and I still feel like I know all the major players and storylines just through the zeitgeist

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Klaus is so damned good. It should be crappy and if anyone but Morrison wrote it it probably would be

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Morrison's run is hit or miss for me but Earth 2 is a great story, I love the idea. The Justice Society tricks the JLA into swapping earths and they're stuck there for months. They try ti make the best of it but they keep failing because evil always triumphs there, while the JSA can't make any traction because good always wins on Earth 1 as an actual rule of physics. it's all very Morrison

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Irredeemable had its flaws, but the "Pick 10" bit always stuck with me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Incorruptable and Irredeemable are, the former was a spin off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like you could probably come up with something that isn't a slur if you try a bit