Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lars Blitzer posted:

the Registration Act (Canada had it passed in 1995)

Man, Canada really IS evil in Marvel, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also in another lifetime Chewie had a moon dropped on him.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ManiacClown posted:

Maybe fix perspective on The Spectre, but yeah, the vengeful right hand of God riding a T-rex is a pretty boss image. drat, I need a van.

All-Black the Necrovan, the Annihiliconoline, the Slicer of Highways.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No-one ever talks about Primacy in the thread, so this completely passed me by.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Religion would make a lot more sense if they just explained this poo poo instead of explaining it by telling you to kill people.

Goddammit, God, get your poo poo together with this metaphor stuff.

"I tell ya, Lobsang, we lose more Buddhas that way..."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

Well if you ever listen to the song "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", the ultimate Pool Player in that is called Slim. You know who else has the nickname of Slim? Scott Summers.

Summers, however, does seem the kind of guy to step on Superman's cape.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

I am now imagining his grocery list - milk eggs bread kill spider-man.

God damnit they're out of kill spider-man again.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The last exclamation point and the underline are punched/torn right through the paper

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Flash could also shot-peen the by-jesus out of it just by poking it really really fast.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

And they're like 500 calories a pop too. That's a small meal, and it's all sugar.

Quick, convenient ENERGY!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah but that's Ares. He probably took to mechanized weaponry like a fish to water.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Mike Haggar

The man who wrestled so hard they made him Mayor :swoon:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

I think you're looking for the "embarrassing panels" thread.

Should - should we have one of those?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

I am torn between wanting to post all highlights of Dark Cybertron, but I worry that it would take way too much wall of text to explain the backstory.

You could post the final conflict, where the coldly logical mad scientist Shockwave was defeated by a massive contradiction and the power of friendship, and it wasn't stupid or hokey

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanos is that guy who stops by your cubicle at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon and hands you a sheaf of TPS reports to be filled out by Monday morning.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

WickedHate posted:

I love Ellis' Moon Knight so loving much yall.

That cape as negative space :allears:

e: although it is immediately preceded by entire cartridges flying through the air :magical:

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 7, 2016

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

qntm posted:

I may have said this before, but somewhere in the multiverse is a Bruce Wayne who diverted every penny of the Wayne fortune into inner-city schools, and works as a social worker. Alfred is also a social worker. Dick Grayson and all the others are just kids who needed help and, with his help, have made careers. He doesn't ever throw a punch. No bats, no supervillains.

He is, of course, still best friends with Superman.

Did somebody throw a hardcover copy of The Jungle through his window at the critical moment

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

I can't think of a single reason I'd want him along for any kind of road trip.

Going to Alaska, backup heater if your core conks out

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

Conan's character arc throughout the original books (and Marvel comics) is kind of great. He starts out so disdainful of civilization, only drawn away from his native simple barbarian village by greed, wanderlust, and the promise of power. And he's constantly talking poo poo about how dumb civilized people are, how lame government is, how stupid religion is. But by the end of it, through all his fairly selfish adventures, he gains a bunch of wisdom, and when he finally becomes a king, he's a fair, wise and just king who actually does all his paperwork because he knows it's for the good of the kingdom.

So, the troubled brow upon which he bears the crown of Aquilonia, is troubled because he's just got so many goddamn forms to sign, and all the assassination attempts are a welcomed diversion from a life otherwise burdened with responsibility

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Good curses always cover the angles you weren't expecting at first.

Fun fact: Alberta's current premier, Rachel Notley, is the sister of the author of Bob the Angry Flower.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The crosshatch shading on that dude's face in the second to last one, goodness gracious

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Our most feared object is a big man in a purple skirt and a Grand Poobah hat.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I always felt like this page should have included Unicron, given all the other robot heads. But it looks like the issue came out a few months before the Marvel Transformers comic even started, let alone the introduction of Unicron years later.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Please tell me her name in this state is Thoreen Green

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

I don't follow IDW's ongoing stuff, but in their limited series Tranformers vs. GI Joe, Soundwave...well, he didn't exactly "join" GI Joe, so much as he "had his head ripped off and replaced by Bumblebee's body bent into a roughly-head-shaped cockpit piloted by Doctor Venom," but it basically counts.

It's cool though, he was reforged in Cybertron's land of the dead. Lost his singing voice, though.

I really, really need to get the trade hardback for that series

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
See, I liked the one from, I think Marvel Adventures? The one Clevinger wrote? Where they're up against some ludicrous threat and Spidey rattles off a workable plan, everyone kind of gawps at him and he says "No-one seems to remember that I'm also really, really smart."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

That is probably my favourite spider-man moment of all time, and that page is arguably the peak of the whole Superior Spider-Man shebang.

I love how in those last two panels, the ultratight zoom on Norman and Parker makes the speech bubbles seem tiny, implying they're almost whispering - even though the lettering is the same size as everywhere else.

It's such a good page.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

Amazing Spider-man 33

There's an issue of the Marvel Ren and Stimpy comic (written by Dan Slott!) that clowns on this whole sequence... Spidey's got to get out for his Aunt May, yes, but also his old English teacher Mr. Sheckley, Otto Flippa the Incan God of Ties (his head is an upside down Volkswagen), Pepe, Hans and Rita (three clipart bears), their kids....

Oh, and instead of buried in debris, he's crustied in a giant booger. Because it's a Ren and Stimpy comic.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Turns out it's not so bad to be a one-legged man in an asskicking contest

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

"Turn yourself in"
"Got me again, Cap"

*5 minutes later*

"How the hell do I keep falling for that?"

Is it Frank who's confused as to why he keeps listening to Cap, or Cap confused as to why he keeps believing Frank will actually turn himself in?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

THOCKAVEWM THOCKAVEWM THOCKAVEWM

Randall J Thockavewm, Sweaty Southern Attorney-at-Law

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Proteus Jones posted:

I think we add Kirby to that list.

Where I live, Kirby on the side of a van means it's a plumber. (Local company's mascot is a blue Hulk holding a pipe wrench)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

The Hand are marvelling at the foot.

Waaaaait a minute.

Did the Foot Clan in TMNT start out as a knockoff of The Hand?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ahahaha, poo poo, ok

Thank you for the history lesson!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

The vampire's name was "Crucifer".

Crucifer.

Like... Cabbages? Cabbages, the vampire.

No! No, wait!

Broccula.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

I was totally into that scene until the so far. Now it's so bad it's funny. It is frankly so bad it belongs up there with that Punisher 2099 scene where, when asked how old he is, Frank says "38....caliber!"

It's the icicles. The icicles make it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Alita challenges the reigning Motorball champion for martial arts reasons, and he accepts, but requires that she form a team of five to face him because he's so transcendent he requires a massive handicap.

She forms a team of all the notable people from her last race, and at the beginning of their match the champion just effortlessly obliterates her team.

As you said, it's a rad sequence but manga tends to fail without the context

The first guy there with the razor whips is a pretty goofy character who is very 90's comic badass:

The only thing missing is if he gave someone else a high-five with the severed hands later.

e: or fuckin', bobbed his head to clap

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You'd think that Leopardon is the coolest thing about Sentai Spider-Man but it's actually that he calls himself The Emissary of Hell

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05102006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

That's my secret, Captain. I always have explosives inside me.

Technically this can even be true if you take nitroglycerin for a heart condition