Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

bobkatt013 posted:

If only he did that in Odyssey, as it would be done shirtless

He was on the phone, talking as Batman to a detective, while in the kitchen grilling. Pretty sure he had a shirt on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Oops.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 26, 2017

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

prefect posted:

Here's Thor firing Juggy into space.

Both of them being fairly badass, I think.

That was their second fight where he teams up with Excalibur, because Thor Planet Hulk'd Juggernaut the first time. Exile a super strong guy into space, and he takes over a planet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Mutants are to superheroes what oppressed minorities are to people.

People always talk about mutants being a minority or homosexuals, but it rarely comes up that mutants can be a stand in for youth.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Toshimo posted:

B-b-b-but...

B-b-b-but Stokoe only did an issue or two.

How's his new Alien book? Haven't seen any pages.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Toshimo posted:

I LIKE THE PART WHERE MILES MORALES BRIBES THE POWER CONTROLLING THE MULTIVERSE WITH A WEEK-OLD HAMBURGER HE HAD STUFFED IN HIS POCKET.

The best part is that it wasn't a bribe. Owen was hungry and Miles provides a moldy burger. Doom treated Owen like a tool, Miles treated him like a person, and that changed everything. The Spider-Men are the ones that get through to Valeria and Owen while everyone else punches it out. Panther/Doom and Richards/Doom were amazing, but Peter and Miles practically sealed the deal without throwing a punch.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I feel like we only saw the tip of whatever X-Iceberg Hickman had in his mind.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I bet Cap would no sell Purple Man like a mother fucker. Spider-Man would eventually overcome his control after spending a few pages agonizing over letting down Aunt May.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Jean and Jean fought Galactus in their Generations one shot.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Soonmot posted:

I just grabbed all of Aaron's run, I already had the visonaries from the last big sale.

:getin: Post your thoughts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I couldn't put that in any of those threads because you know the very real place that the issue comes from. King probably sat around some hosed up tables in Iraq.

EDIT: It is pretty funny/bad rear end though. No loving doubt.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Capacitor posted:

I know this is unrelated to the thread but your avatar just bothers me on such a fundamental level. I expect that out of something like a PBF comic (on its low days) not a published comic and possibly future trade.

Frazer Irving is a top notch artist. Irving and Cates were making fun of this.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I would have also accepted Juggernautilus.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gavok posted:

Venom Annual

This is a revisiting of the events of Venom: The Madness, only this time it's James Stokoe writing and drawing Madness Venom vs. Juggernaut and it is entirely my poo poo.

Juggernaut's expression in that first panel of the old lady's apartment is begging to be somebody's avatar.

His Juggernaut in the Egyptian Silver Surfer story in Secret Wars was really great too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That’s SP//DR. Created by Gerard Way.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Spider-verse was so close to being a fun event but Slott felt the need to constantly kill off the fun interdimensional Spider-men everyone was happy to see again/for the first time in the leadup to it. At a push, if you want some of them to bite it in the big finale where there's thousands of them fighting thousands of baddies, ok, but nobody wanted to see the Spider-man from Spider-man and his amazing friends die pointlessly in his apartment while his dog sadly howls.

He made up for that one by doing the Newspaper Spider-Man story.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I feel like we were just talking about the Sinister 666 last week.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

“What is a Avenger? A miserable little pile of secrets!”

Checks out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Don’t read Spiderverse or Spidergeddon, but read those tie ins. Vulpes gets MVP for both events with Spider Punk and Japanese Spider-Man.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Thanks everyone, I'm glad people are reading them. I generally approach each Marvel job assuming it's my last, so I try to do something a little different (with varying degrees of success).

You’re putting out some great books on the periphery. I’ll be interested to see what ongoing they eventually offer you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember an editor saying once that almost every writer of consequence who's worked for Marvel in his tenure has pitched him on a Dr.Strange story. So I think so.

I think it might have been Axel Alonso?

Pretty sure it was Brevoort.

Writers are usually the ones getting solicited by editors. Every writer just has a Doctor Strange story ready if the time comes when they’re called upon. If a writer says he doesn’t have a Doctor Strange pitch he’s a goddamn liar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I believe the limit is five pages. I try to stay out of these conversations because I used to work at a comic store.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Tarn is like if Mister Sinister was all rear end in a top hat without the camp. Or cape.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Tim Sale also did all the artwork for the artist character from the show Heroes if anyone remembers that show.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How to grow a mutant. Krakoa style.

Egg (formerly Goldballs): Creates the egg.
Proteus: Warps reality to make it viable to grow a body in.

DNA is inserted.

Tempus and Elixir use their powers to make it grow, and reach whatever age the body is meant to.

Cerebro inserts brain data.

During the process, Hope is synching and boosting everyone’s abilities.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

There should be a Thor story where he get's Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill's hammers too. He has to be worthy of and wield all the hammers at the same time

Omnislash, but with a dozen hammers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Uthor posted:

Well I normally have zero interest in Transformers.

My friend who has no affection for Transformers bought it for DWJ, and really liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Uthor posted:

In the intro he writes that he got into wrestling when he was stuck awake at night by his newborn in 2018. So he's been into wrestling like two years longer than I have!

That's cute. He's been putting in a lot of work for someone who's only been watching for five years. I just assumed he'd been like me and had been watching wrestling as long as he's been reading comics.