Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

It did a lot of stuff with Harley Quinn, and showed how good Tom Taylor can be. The problem was that there were certain beats he had to do.

Yeah ultimately the story has to end with "Superman in charge of fascist world" because the game has to happen and that story's already written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I love "Hey, thanks, Killer Croc"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that, aside from the aforementioned forced separation, the goggles are just straight up fused to his face, like they're part of him. I mean, I'm sure he could morph himself regular eyes if he wanted to but I guess he just likes his look and I respect that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's actually a secondary mutation that she's told no one about.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If there's one thing I've learned since I started reading comics with Black Panther in them, it's that vibranium does whatever the gently caress the writer wants it to do

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Shang-Chi #5: Shang-Chi is trying to turn his dad's old evil organization, the Five Weapons Society, into an actual force for good. But some shady motherfuckers show up trying to sell him a clearly stolen Iron Man suit.

Shang-Chi does not have metal teeth or super strength but he is the Master of Kung Fu™ so I say he's allowed to catch and spit bullets because it's cool

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Excalibur #25: King Arthur is trying to take over a citadel that Captain Britain (Betsy Braddock) is supposed to be protecting and has successfully managed to rob her of her Captain Britain powers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Savage Avengers #26: The wizard Kulan Gath has won and conquered/nearly killed everyone on Earth but thanks to a final gambit by Dr. Strange and Conan, Kang the Conqueror is on their side now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wonder Woman Black and Gold #3: This is a story set in that strange period where Wonder Woman had no powers and was a spy for some reason. She's captured and being interrogated but all she'll say is that she's Wonder Woman. After nearly a month she's still not breaking and the commander comes in to see what's up.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 7, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Action Comics #1041: The current story arc has Superman and the Authority separated on Warworld and is exploring their culture. On Warworld, status is determined by how much iron you have on the chains you wear and is earned (of course) via gladiatorial combat. There's also a group who basically worships Superman as the one who's going to free them one day. Anyway, Midnighter's trying to find and free Apollo (who has been captured and being used as a solar battery) and is working his way around the planet, guerilla-style.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nightwing #91

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So is there a twist later where the old woman was actually a more powerful witch or is she just the most devoted to the bit poo poo-talker in the world?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thetoughestbean posted:

she’s proven to be right in the end, but that doesn’t bring her back or anything. She died as she lived: poo poo talking

Respect.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Immortal X-Men #2: After not being picked to be on Krakoa's Quiet Council, Selene is throwing a shitfit by making a giant magic kaiju to gently caress things up. The mutants have temporarily stopped it but it will come back until Selene is appeased. Or...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Strange #3

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

I heard good things about the weird Ultimates team after with Kitty, Jessica Drew, Cloak and Dagger and more I'm forgetting but I don't think it went anywhere.

I don't think they were ever the Ultimates, just some weird Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends unofficial team. But yeah they formed and very shortly after Secret Wars happened and oops no more Ultimate universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

So he's a rip-off Jane Foster?

As I understand it, it's not the same. Jane's Thor is her with the powers of Thor but she's her own hero. Masterson transforms into Thor Odinson, he's not in the driver's seat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Avengers Forever #8: On an alternate earth, Thor is unworthy and the Masters of Evil have won. He cannot wield Mjolnir but it floats behind him all the time, as though mocking him. At one point he comes across K'un L'un (where Iron Fists are trained), which is decimated aside from its guardian, Lei Kung.

This is dumb as poo poo but I love it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Like Zoro from One Piece but with hammers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nessus posted:

I think the real tragedy of Luthor is that if he cooperated, they would have been the real World's Finest Team, and Luthor's vast talents could have gone into doing all that poo poo people wish Reed Richards would do. Superman would even doubtless be fine with Luthor taking point and having the glory.

To quote Superman, "if it had mattered to you Luthor, you could have saved the world years ago"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Moon Knight #18: MK and Tigra just crashed a party hosted by a bunch of vampires

Taking a page from the Keanu Reeves Constantine playbook

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Flash #794: The Flash books are in the middle of a story where all the Flashes are stuck fighting a guerilla war against a race of alien invaders and look it's a long story but the important part here is Jay Garrick (the Golden Age Flash) got captured.

--snipped a couple of pages--

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
DCeased - War of the Undead Gods #6: The New Gods are all zombies and have finally made it to Earth. Alfred is narrating.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

If you're referring to the Injustice bit where Alfred takes the super pill and beats up Superman, they're both written by Tom Taylor.

Tom Taylor really specializes in dystopias and people you wouldn't expect kicking the poo poo out of characters way out of their league.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sorry the butler vengeance of God putting a fist through a super-zombie didn't do it for you I'll try to do better next time

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ghost Rider #12:

By the way, just a heads up if you don't read forum announcements, apparently imgur is gonna start wiping images that aren't associated with registered user account from there on 5/15 so a bunch of stuff might start disappearing from here. If you're a regular reader and/or uploader to these threads, you should probably make an account there before posting more poo poo here

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dr. Doom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BlyYs_Tkno

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Doctor Strange #4

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

I get that Superman talks to people respectfully but is there something else specific to that story as to why he keeps saying that?

Because Tom King loves repeating things/ironic echoes

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elissimpark posted:

I'm curious as to how. Isn't Martian Manhunter pretty much green Superman but also bendy?

Much like all comic questions, the answer is "depends on who's writing him"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
John Cena, sadly: "You can't see them"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

I haven't watched wrestling since it was WWF and I still feel like I know all the major players and storylines just through the zeitgeist

I haven't watched wrestling aside from my friend kicking my rear end playing No Mercy in the 90s and I still feel like I know all the major players and storylines just through this forum.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Y'know, call me crazy but I think I know how she's gonna end that sentence.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

How many injustices do you ignore despite the fact you could do something about it but don’t

How much time can you stay active while denying yourself a social life or any break time before you go insane? 24 hours minus that

Also remember Superman isn't Bruce Wayne, he has to hold down some kind of job otherwise he'll have to start stealing poo poo himself to get by.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

I can't tell if that's satire or a straight adaptation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOQWbTdxy8

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I can't speak for others but Dandadan was hard for me to get into because the first chapter is focused almost exclusively around the teenage female lead getting stripped to her underwear and repeatedly threatened with rape. I have heard it gets better but getting past that initial part was hard for me and I feel like it's worth warning about.

(Sorry not like trying to be a downer about the series, that just caught me off guard when I went to read it and it was an unpleasant experience so trying to make a clear warning.)

Yeah it is a hard rear end sell and I really hope that the anime tries to uh... trim that down to make it less of a "um what i ain't watching this" moment

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

It's probably not all that new now that I think about. Surely there are instances of telepathic mutants communicating with people at astronomical distances that appears to ignore the limitations that transmission waves would normally adhere to.

Apparently Xavier's daughter's brainwaves travel far enough to be stored in Cerebro and she's in Shi'ar space.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

glitchwraith posted:

They actually explained this. With the help of Forge, they made a psychic relay between Earth and Mars using clones of Xavier's brain.Wouldn't surprise me at all if they made something similar using the Krakoan gates and Shiar space.

Geez, you'd think they'd learn something after Red Skull was able to use Xavier's brain to give himself powers that one time, but nope just gonna leave spare brains out there. Just like them leaving Wolverine skeletons all over...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal posted:

Does it feel more badass when you realize that Tammy is fourteen months old when she makes this little speech?

Next panel:

"So if you picked 'help me', I poo poo my diaper, so if someone could help me out with that, thanks in advance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

There are two possible explanations for this.

One is that the internet counts as an international publication, so he has to deal with the super-crazy American Copyright.

The other is that the C&D is actually completely illegal, but the company was counting on nobody calling them on it.

Both are equally likely.

As I understand it, a lot of C&Ds are just really strong bluffs because hey are you gonna try to go to war with a company that has way more money than you? Better to cut your losses and move on than risk losing a ton of money...