Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Cyclops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I haven't read any Savage Wolverine at all, is it worth checking out?

I'm not a huge Wolvie fan, but I do like good comics.

Isn't that the one with diffrent writers/artist on every arc? So it really depends?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Is young Cyclops leaving the books or is his series like Wolverines where he will be doing poo poo with his space dad between adventures with his old self?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So Aaron is now only writing the summer event and Thor at this point? I hope that he gets a title after it ends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I like Yost, but am sad to see Aaron on fewer books. What's going on with him? I know he's working on that Watcher event, but does he really have nothing else other than Thor on the pile? Is he doing any creator-owned books at all?

Yes Southern Bastards. I assume that there will be some titles coming out of the watcher event, and he will get one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I just hope that Yost does not want to get rid of any of the students.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Man is this bendis crossover bad. I'm not sure this is so much a story as retreading a bunch of stuff for the past brought forward kids.
Do you mean that in the sense of 'I hope they will still show up' or like 'I hope they won't be taking the bus'

The bus

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I think that if New Warriors gets cancelled, he should bring Kaine over to Amazing as a teacher.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

None of those people need exposure though. They should be given their own books!

Jill Thompson just had a book released this week!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Which is a pretty big reveal considering the issue that Magneto left, he finds that MGH is the abundant drug of choice for nearly the entire island of Madripor. That means Mystique has been draining her for quite some time and not a soul outside her click knows about it, save Magneto who I'm pretty sure isn't about to rescue a sellout to Shield.

I am sure she is just one mutant she is using.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I dunno, I could totally see Mystique being the type to just stuff a bunch of people in a warehouse if that were the case but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right either. I guess it could be used as a retcon for anyone else MIA.

I'm also not really liking how some characters just went poof after those two X-Force teams met up.

On a plus side, I'm so happy for Nightcrawler's return!

Just for desicussion's sake (To the thread in general) Who's your favorite character right now and a moment they really shined in your eyes recently?

No I am an idiot and I agree with you. I meant to say is that that I am sure she is not just the only mutant she is using.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I'm slightly confused about whether that first part is sarcastic or not cause I totally got what you meant and agree with you that it probably is likely she's holding others captive for this purpose. I dunno how long it's been in comic time but its been enough time for Mystique & friends to gain control of the entire island with MGH seeming to be their main source of income. Dazzler looked pretty bad and I don't know exactly how the drug works but I'm pretty sure one mutant couldn't supply a whole population.

Geez, Pac, that's pretty twisted.

No its not sarcastic. I took my own comment as being just about her being the sole person, and thought I just hosed up. I assume that she is using the X-men to find new mutants, and thinking that SHIELD is helping contacts Dazzler and they are sent to be harvested.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ Every future in X-men is a dystopian future. SHIELD being the enemy is also nothing new. I got to respect that while he is doing some of the old things, he is still shaking up the line. The main X-men titles have been pretty stagnant since Morrison left. As for Jean's new power, who knows if the elder one would have gained it. It could have been prevented while under the sea, or she needed to be part of that specific fight to unlock. I mean its the same as bitching, how could Jean suddenly gain all this power and call herself the Phoenix.

The Donut posted:

Counterpoint: Chuck Austen's run which has been pretty much ignored (right? Right? Or maybe it was just ignored in my head).

A character he created was in X-men first class and was just in Amazing X-men.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 10, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

Amazing and Adjectiveless are getting One More Issue from me, only because I forgot to cancel them both when I went to my store today. I really want to like Adjectiveless because I like Jubilee, but also Mercury and Bling and Hellion and am hoping for more of them... but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still a fan of All-New and Uncanny, though. I don't think Bendis is overstepping bounds anywhere because it's all reversible without major retconning. We all know the O5 are going home at some point, we all know Cyke and Wolverine are gonna somewhat reconcile at some point.

amazing is getting a new writer soon. 6 is a full in then it's yost.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Any excuse to post this gif is a good excuse.

I think most people would agree Marvel went down the shitter when Disney bought them. Everything turned into a platform to launch movies instead of letting the movies happen naturally. There's no room for new risky things, because everything needs to be safe with some way of turning it into yet another profitable PC movie.

Regarding Magneto, I don't think he's been a golden age villain in a million years. Even Scott Lobdell tried to write him as a conflicted character, though the result was not entirely a success (most would say "far from it").

Grant Morrison showed him as a Genoshan leader living in peace until the genocide of his nation. It's implied the mental trauma led him into the drug Kick (Sublime) and thus to blaming the X-Men for everything, which in true Morrison fashion turned out into an incredibly convulted plot device, but one which most people including me liked. When you see him destroying New York he is completely gone, choke-full of drugs, having monologues with his Xorn persona, and is only stopped when Wolverine finally puts him out of his misery. He's not a 60's villain, but a deeply disturbed old man.

When he comes back -- because god knows this is comics -- he's a benevolent leader in House of M, saves Xavier in Legacy, and later rejoins the X-Men. Even on his new solo series he's trying to do what he believes to be the "right thing". He isn't an anti-hero and neither is he a cackling maniac. He's Magneto and during most of his history he's been written this way.

Morrison showed him once and it was right before he died, and it showed him wounded after trying to kill everyone. Also Marvel has been taking a lot of chances in the last couple of years, and doing much better than DC.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, I meant it as a recent development. In the last decade you had things like X-Statix, Incredible Herc, Cable & Deadpool... things that wouldn't sell movies, but were fun comics. That became less and less prevalent with time. Probably even before Disney bought them, sure, but when Abnett & Lanning wrote Guardians of the Galaxy, it wasn't intended as an attempt at a franchise movie. One can't say the same thing about its newest iteration or this misguided attempt of Marvel forcing the Inhumans down everyone's throats.

You really can not say that. I mean when Guardians came out it was the same year that Iron Man came out. When ever they had a movie they had tie ins no matter what.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yes. The only possible alternative is the What If? story. There are only two possibilities to any continuity turning point, the one we see, and the one in a What If?. Naturally.

(pssst that is sarcasm any time you have to say 'but a What If said' to prop up an argument it's a dumb argument)

So in a event the only possiblites are spiderman living or spiderman dying?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I guess this will be the end of the two schools. I hope this means that Bendis does not get to write all the X-men books now. I like them, but I prefer Wolverine and the X-men already.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

If they're going to use this to end the Schism, I'd much rather they kill off Cyclops.

What's going to happen to Wolverine's multiple ongoings, I wonder?

We will get a teen Wolverine, robot Wolverine, alien wolverine, and a real wolverine with a mullet and/or eye patch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kaleidoscope posted:

I legitimately hope this happens (well, minus real wolverine).

No you don't, as they already pulled that joke in the awful Tieri Deadpool run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

Stop telling me it's raining Marvel I can see you pissing on my leg.

Why? Cornell's run has been boring. You know that at the end their will be some twist that will bring him back. There is no way that Wolverine will be dead for longer than 6 months. It will be Fear Itself all over again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kaleidoscope posted:

Eh, Fear Itself wasn't hyped as the death of Thor & Bucky was it? I bet this will last at least as long as Cap's death did (or until the next Fox movie, whichever comes first). The bigger question is who's gonna be surrogate Wolverine?

X-23. As for the eating of comic I will if Wolverine remains dead longer than 6 months. Oh I am going to regret this, aren't I?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

I'd be more down with a Daken redemption story over X-23.

That boat has sailed a long time ago. He already had his own title, and he will be back in the ground once the Uncanny Avengers storyline is over.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

He'll "die", but it turns out to be a ruse as he becomes a secret agent in a new series, Logan: Agent of B.U.B.

It will be a team up between him and the Goat from the upcoming Secret Avengers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

We're all missing an angle here: Ghostverine.

Sabertooth takes over Wolverine's mind. He is now the Superior Wolverine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

THE BUB IS CAST!

They quickly realize something is up when he stops drinking and watching hockey.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Inkspot posted:

By "they", you mean Yukio, who spends the next 15 issues trying to convince the X-Men to do something. The X-Men give no shits. The situation magically rights itself in time for The Wolverine 2.

I expect more out of non slott writers. It's a three issue arc as people are written in character

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

I already asked Marvel if there was gonna be a real grave of Wolverine for me to dance on. They've deigned not reply.

You might just have to enjoy seeing me eat a comic

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Uh. How did lil' Scott join the Xavier school two weeks ago?
Are we meant to believe all of All-New X-men and Uncanny take place in even less time?

That is how long ago Battle of the Atom is, and they switched from the Jean Grey school to Xavier school.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Suben posted:

I hate Bendis' X-Men, the future Brotherhood and everything associated with BotA, the worst X-Men story ever.

Chuck Austen says hello

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So whats up between Rogue and Magneto? Every time I see them together Erik is awkwardly flirting with her, and she doesn't seem to mind. I was reading Legacy last night and Magneto straight up asks her to marry him in the middle of AvsX.

They have an on off relationship.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

And I thought X-23 and Young Scott was the weirdest relationship. And considering how Rogue treats Wanda in Uncanny Avengers, she'd not make a great stepmom.

And now that I've read Schism, I completely agree with Logan.

Beat Scott and Maddie. She is a women who looks just like his dead love. He also ditches her and his son when he heard Jean was back. It ends up that she is a clone of Jean, and the son has to be sent to the future to become Cable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

I'm afraid I'm not following you on that count. Why would that have happened?

Its What if, and Super-man almost always dies!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

So the first issue didn't really win me over but I gotta say now I'm definitely disliking Doop now that his series is revealing that he is actively behind characters being stupid in Battle of the Atom.

So you are mad at the series taking a piss on Battle of the Atom?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Actually, while I'm excited for Miles, I cringed hard at that too. Bendis is phoning this poo poo in so hard it is unbelievable. Look! A reference to a classic story! Wow! So original!

It's a homage to a classic cover. It is nothing new and people do it all the time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Its still really dumb, I don't know why other people doing it makes it any less dumb.

It's not just comics, artist homage other artists all the time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

radlum posted:

Isn't AoA/Exiles Blink still an Exile? I liked the last series, but it had a rather sudden and open ended finale, where the characters just kept going right?

Yes she is still hopping dimension to dimension.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

The same fate which befell Scott Bakula and the cast of Sliders.

At least she escaped being written by Chris Claremont.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Avian Pneumonia posted:

I've always thought that Nightcrawler was pretty cool. What are considered the essential/best nightcrawler-centric comics I should start with?

The Draco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

It's where the swashbuckler component of his chracter is either introduced or at least developed a lot.

He also became Errol Flynn:

That also happened in Uncanny X-men 94-mutant massacre. He was a huge swashbuckler and he used to use his image inducer to look like Errol Flynn.

• Locked thread