Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MY ABACUS! posted:

Why did they cancel the good X-Force and make three lovely ones?

Hey hey hey, Cable and X-Force was good. It had Nemesis Scorpion vs Forge Mecha Ape. I'm still giving the new book some extra slack because of the author. He shouldn't have started the book on Marrow's point of view though. It looks like with issue two that we're going to get a different narrator with each issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That last panel has the greatest face, it pretty much sums up any time I try to roller skate or anything like that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

itskage posted:

No wait sorry I meant:

I guess I should know, but who's the guy in this?

vv Didn't know what he looked like.

IUG fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 28, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

How is Uncanny X-force? I'm curious how Logans murder squad went. Also, The panels from when Deathlok sees Evan, those were reused in the current right, right?

I'm surprised that no one told you to buy this comic right away. It's probably the best run of anything X-Men released recently. Just so long you go for the Remender run, not that 16-or-so issue series that just finished with a yawn.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Bookwise it will no doubt be X-23 or someone like that taking over Wolverine spot for a while. Though I'd be alright without someone new running around in a Wolverine costume with fake claws.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine and the X-Men becomes Nightcrawler and the X-Men or just gets renamed to something similar.

Isn't Amazing X-Men the Nightcrawler book so to speak? Not that he couldn't have two if Wolverine has like 10, but maybe it would be "Storm And The X-Men", since she's the headmaster. They've been building up her importance to the school, and the last issue had Wolverine begging her to save the school/kidpocalypse.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

WatX could easily just take the name X-Men Legacy vol 4 or 5 or whatever the hell it would be. If they don't rename it that'll be a pretty big indication that Wolverine won't be dead for more than a couple months.

I can't look it up, but Cable and Deadpool must have continued on for a year after Cable's death. I don't even think they showed his death in that series, it was off in an X-Men title.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Cyclops goes back to the mansion in his free time and dresses up like Wolverine to lead that team.

"Wolverine did you grow like a foot taller and lose 100 pounds of muscle?"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

No one talks about the other books a whole lot. Not one person posted in this thread that Doug Ramsey appears to be dead again. :mad:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't X-force have Strong Guy in it? My least favorite major mutant ever.

What is it like to live with no joy in your life?
EDIT: That's what I get for leaving the tab open too long.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I think I'm officially done with All New and Uncanny. Bendis just isn't bringing it to the table enough for me to give a drat anymore, and now I've got Yost and Kyle on Amazing and their first issue was great.

Speaking of dropping stuff, I just gave up on Amazing X-Men. I liked the Nightcrawler story, but I don't care about Firestar or whatever her name is. They're trying to push her for some reason. And a 5 issue storyline about fighting Wendigos? No thanks.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Why is no one talking about that Doop picture from Wolverine & The X-Men? You know the one I'm talking about. I want that airbrushed on the side of a van.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So why doesn't Hope get the clone-headband-driven body too? Although the reveal was good at the end.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You just have to wait for Marrow's turn to narrate again, baby.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just also want to warn people that the "100th Anniversary" issue of X-Men is something every can pass on. I was hoping it was going to be this wacky tongue-in-cheek thing, but it was a pretty boring story. I don't know any of these characters, but I don't know if it's because it's set 50 years into the future, or if it's just because I stopped reading the main X-Books when Bendis took them over. But the story was unsatisfying, and the art wasn't great either.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was only going to get the Avengers and X-Men one, and I think only the Fantastic Four one has come out so far? I don't care about the F4 at all, so that one wasn't even on my radar.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's fine. He has a healing factor, his blood is sterile.

You can't get AIDS from mutants.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Isn't Wolverine supposed to die this month? W&tXM #6 came out this week, and it seems like he's still alive in #8 according to those solicits.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It didn't help that the issue opened with the worst art for this week for me, and I'm reading the current Deadpool ongoing (at least there it almost makes sense to have ugly art). I actually glanced back at the credits page and found there was something like 5 artists who worked on this issue. I wanted to like this series, but I'm going to drop it as well.

All-New X-Factor and X-Force, you're the only X-Titles left for me. :smith:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If you turn on "Colorize threads according to the bookmark category I've assigned" in your options, you can give your bookmarks different colors. I mark these threads as red on Wednesday until I read the books I care about. I do the same for any show that has an airing that night until I watch it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This month's All New X-Factor is pretty great if you're on the fence about it. It's one of those issues where they (try) to have some downtime and just explore a part of the group, with a girl's day at the Ren fair. Danger being socially retarded is awesome.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mine was the 90s cartoon, and then I got X-Men Adventures #1 as my first comic book I'm sure. I also picked up Uncanny X-Men #300 when that came out, and then didn't buy comic books again until Civil War happened. I'm still sad that X-Men isn't the bulk of my pull list anymore, I'm only at 2 issues now (All New X-Factor and X-Force).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rick posted:

Yours helped me identify mine because I knew it had to be around that point: http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_247

quote:

• Featured Characters:
    • Wolverine (Logan) (In a photograph only)
  • Supporting Characters:
    • Lila Cheney (In a photograph only)

Even funnier if they were in the same photograph. How else does that work? Does the photograph Wolverine speak?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yup, that leaves me with just X-Force. I want to say about a year ago at this time I was getting like 6 X-Titles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now I'm worried also about Peter David's other Marvel project, the Dark Tower adaptation. It currently doesn't have the same quality artwork as the previous issues since it restarted (more traditional Marvel-style art basically instead of illustration quality interiors). I just feel like I'm the only person who reads it since it started again. I haven't looked at sales for that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ElNarez posted:

This new X-Force, god drat. I even felt bad for Fantomex as he was having the mother of all murderous meltdowns. It was just so loving cold. Man. And the payoff on the Domino thing. This is a great loving book more people should be reading.

I was mad at myself for that reveal. I even thought to myself, "Who has luck based powers? Longshot? Nah, he wouldn't be here. Scarlet Witch? Probably not...".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Though from the Axis issue at the Jean Grey school where Evan showed up full on Apocalypse mode, it looked like pretty much all the non-Scott team were there.

I stopped reading most X-Books when Bendis took over, and I'm not reading Axis at all. But if Evan turned Apocalypse as was foreshadowed because of the Axis events, then I'll be happy. Because I didn't want them to bring back Apocalypse just for the sake of him being a villain again. It seems like the Axis stuff will be temporary of course, so then that means the foreshadowing was correct, and it's not an assassination of Evan's character if he can revert.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Die Laughing posted:

It's not an assassination of his character because Axis is being written by the guy that created him.

No, I mean Evan stops being Evan because he's Apocalypse again. However this event lets him be Apocalypse for a while, and hopefully he's back to Evan again when this is over. (Because I enjoy that character more that having Apocalypse as a villian.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't read Bendis' books, but maybe Stark took the "Magic is just Science we don't understand yet" to it's logical conclusion. He solved what magic is, and can recreate it in his inventions enough that he's now the master of it. That's my no-prize answer I guess.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"Oh good, the cover to All-New X-Factor has the bullets without the casings still on them."

*IUG reads the issue, and gets disappointed*

Is it really that hard? I know poo poo about guns, but I know this one fact about bullets. However, that wasn't the worst thing about this issue. Everyone had the same drat voice. And too many instances of snarky back-and-forth dialog from everyone.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Traveling Salesman posted:

I honestly couldn't be more excited to read this!

Good news, that post is almost a year old, so you can go buy it. (I have no idea about the quality of that series. I didn't bother because it was a tie-in for a series I didn't read.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

See and I was talking to my shop when X-Men Legacy was ending and they said they got a few people that dropped the series because it was being canceled. So there's weirdos that jump at the first sign of a sinking ship. Even if it is a hell of a party on that ship.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh thank god, I can finally start getting X-Men comics again. I've been missing those books for a while now, but I keep hearing how horrible his run is. I even stuck through the Land art, but haven't heard anything good about this Bendis arch.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that story arch over? Does that mean a new one is starting without Bendis? I would love to subscribe back to Uncanny X-Men again.
EDIT: I did some Googling, and we're stuck with him until May, when #600 drops.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wolverine and the X-Men deals with the Phoenix. And who they believe is the next in line for the powers.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

EDIT: Nevermind, being a dick and didn't notice that's exactly what's being discussed.

IUG fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 12, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Zzulu posted:

marvel mutants are terrifying

oh look this teenager gained the ability to blow up buildings with his hands. Oh and this guy can read and alter your mind :catstare:

Look at this flatline scum.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:smith: I just want to pick up X-Men comics again. It's been so long since I have been subscribed to one of the major titles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I will say I did like the Strong Guy stuff. Gets resurrected, everyone is told he doesn't have a soul, accidentially kills a guy, everyone starts giving him the cold shoulder. series of unlikely events lead to him and his would be love interest not getting together, leaves team, take a job for the devil, kills antichrist, becomes lord of hell.

Yeah, everyone unnecessarily shits on Strong Guy that whole time. Whatever "soul" he is missing, he's obviously a human with feelings still, and they just keep on treating him like a leper. Leave Strong Guy alone! :smith:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh poo poo the New Mutants. God drat, I now have 4 titles that I'm going to try to pick up on the cheap after Secret Wars ends (on some kind of sale in the shop after the fact).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

...There's 2 upcoming X-Men TV shows...

I just found out about the shows because of this post, and I'm really hoping that Legion gets made, holy poo poo.

• Locked thread