Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
My only experience with Cullen Bunn has been with his Venom and Fearless Defenders run, which I found to be boring. So I was surprised to see that his first issue writing Magneto was actually really good.

Also the new Wolverine and the X-Men comic had a nice start too. Beast actually wasn't a jerk for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

X-Men Legacy 300 was fantastic today. It's sad to see this series go, but I'm glad it was with this issue.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Wanderer posted:

I wonder if they're going to pull the old "death of the identity, not the character" dodge and we'll find out Logan's been living by himself in a log cabin in Canada.

"I got to sleep for nine hours!" :dance: "...bub."

He'll "die", but it turns out to be a ruse as he becomes a secret agent in a new series, Logan: Agent of B.U.B.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Is this around the same time as that Spider-Man event later in the year? If so then that's probably the explanation.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

The end of this week's X-Force :smith:

I thought Legacy #300 was bad enough, but drat that was ice cold.

Also am I the only one who thinks the original MeMe is in control of those robots in this issue?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Not cool. Really not cool.
I'd forgotten all about that guy. (HEY OOOOOH) Why was the back of his head hosed up?

edit: ^^^ what up, other guy who doesn't like Huat. Guy made it really hard for me to enjoy Spurrier's Legacy, too. I hope he was just a fill-in on this one.

That burn was meant to show that he eventually made it out of that security field that he trapped himself in.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Who drops a series when it gets canceled? Especially if you were enjoying it. What the hell kind of logic is involved. :psyduck:

It means people can spend more money on books that """matter""" to the comic universe they're buying

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

With Bendis's books selling really well, I highly doubt much change will happen currently. The X-Men probably won't get as much focus in the editorial mandate event comics of the future, which means more meh X-Men events from Bendis and the X crew.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Little Mac posted:

The reveal of who Harry actually is in the last issue of X-Factor was really cool and I hope more is done with it! Sad X-Factor is over. Question: When did the Maestro take over 2099?

It's just the setup for Secret Wars. It's going to be the "Future Imperfect" one.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

I can't say I've overly enjoyed this last arc of X-Force, but that was a good last couple pages. It's not.. over, is it?

That was the last issue because that comic got cancelled fast.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

While I didn't like the run, I think that the recent Young Avengers run is a nice example of having characters explore their sexuality instead of suddenly outing a character and throwing bisexual people into a garbage can. Bobby thinking about where he fits on the queer spectrum would have been nice instead of seeing his chance to explore ripped away from him..

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The final issue of Spider-Man and the X-Men was a delight.

I'm really sad the series was so short.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

The I-MEN: Sworn to Protect a world that hates and fears them so they use a fart cloud to make them fellow I-Men thus solving this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

DrProsek posted:

If Marvel resurrected Scott and had him ditch the X-Men and just become mutant Alex Jones or Glenn Beck, the X-Men would become great again.

You should wear that on a hat and run for Marvel's Editor position.

• Locked thread